Is the 4-piece worth getting in my case?

Here's my armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Sainius/simple

I have the Heroic Tier head piece, but I'm not sure if I should stick to what I got or go ahead and use the tier head and get 4-piece bonus.
    I lose some nice 2nd stat and a yellow socket.
    I can't tell if I'm under valuing the bonus...
    halp

The tier head is Crit/Mastery, and you're passing the 4set bonus for because of a helm that has Crit/Spirit? I don't think that the ~1000 dps the bonus gives is less than the benefit you get from switching mastery into spirit. Secondary stats are reforgeable and you might even get more stats if you improve your reforging and hit cap with it.

15+ Year Old Account
    The 4pc bonus allows you to reforge almost 2000 haste away into other stats (like crit). It's a no-brainer.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Alright, going to give that 4-piece a shot. Thanks guys.

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 05:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    The tier head is Crit/Mastery, and you're passing the 4set bonus for because of a helm that has Crit/Spirit?.
    No, mine had crit/haste.

Hmm, I my eyes have deceived me but nevertheless the lost dps from having wrong stats is minimal compared to the 4set bonus, even if it isn't that great.

These numbers are after I optimized my 2nd stats.
    stats Before (W/o tier) After (W/ tier) Difference
    INT 17662 17662 0
    CRIT 10627 9944 -683
    Haste 5663 5798 +135
    HIT 15.18% 15.26% +0.08%
    Mastery 1303 1816 +513

The argument here was that I'm able to drop ~2000 haste in order to put into something else. With the gear that I have, I can't really do much about it.
    I'm not really taking advantage of the 4-piece bones either since I'm not gaining or losing any amounts of ticks.

In this case I think the H Hood of Still wind is better than H tier helm.

Moar halp.

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 09:42 PM ----------

Fellow boomkin? You there?

15+ Year Old Account
    The heroic hood is not better than your tier helm.

Have you reforged haste away to crit? Can you log out in PVE gear please?
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Okay I reforged a little differently this time.

stats Before (W/o tier) After (W/ tier) Difference
    INT 17662 17662 0
    CRIT 10627 10421 -206
    Haste 5663 5362 -301
    HIT 15.18% 15.14% -0.04%
    Mastery 1303 1816 +513

Still think other non-tier helm is better.

And I logged off in PvE gear this time.

You think this and think that. How about wrathcalcs? What does it say?

Losing 200 crit and 300 haste for 500 mastery is less than 200 dps loss in my gear. The gain from the set bonus is 1100 DPS in my gear. Even if somehow magically yours would yield highly different results, the difference wouldn't be major enough to let you keep your non-tier helm.

Mastery, while being the worst stat, isn't something you'd need to avoid like a plague. Besides, the 4set makes your life much easier in multidotting scenarios.

15+ Year Old Account
    You still have a ton of crit reforged to haste. The haste cap is not 5273 with 4pc. It's 3706. Revert all of that excess crit back.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    You think this and think that. How about wrathcalcs? What does it say?

Losing 200 crit and 300 haste for 500 mastery is less than 200 dps loss in my gear. The gain from the set bonus is 1100 DPS in my gear. Even if somehow magically yours would yield highly different results, the difference wouldn't be major enough to let you keep your non-tier helm.

Mastery, while being the worst stat, isn't something you'd need to avoid like a plague. Besides, the 4set makes your life much easier in multidotting scenarios.
    This is what I find confusing. With or without the tier, I still have the same amount to ticks rolling per dots. Looking at the 4-peice, it increases the dots by an extra 2 sec. So what? Has the timing between each ticks changed? Like I said, I haven't gained or lost any ticks.

I know Mastery isn't bad, but obviously crit is more preferable.
    Sorry to pester you guys, but I just don't see what's so good about this.

I'm going to be using the tier helm only because I hear it's better, but still don't see that potential 1100 DPS increase.

---------- Post added 2013-02-22 at 11:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    You still have a ton of crit reforged to haste. The haste cap is not 5273 with 4pc. It's 3706. Revert all of that excess crit back.
    None of gear has Crit --> haste. None. My high haste is only there because of reforging away from hit/mastery. I can't do anything about it really...

Look at the T14 BiS list for instance, it ends off with 6105 haste. It can't be taken down to 3706 because it's not possible with that make up.
    I'm getting there too, but the scenario is the same.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-T14H-BiS-list

---------- Post added 2013-02-23 at 01:37 AM ----------

Oh... I do get a tick from it. Dang it...
    I though it was both 10 ticks, only the haste break points was lowered.

Sigh. Sometimes I wonder how I managed to kill H Sha. -__-

Anyways, thanks everyone for helping. <3
    /Dance
    Last edited by Sainiunit; 2013-02-23 at 05:05 AM.

If the dot tick interval is ~1.something seconds and you gain 2 seconds to dots, I'm pretty sure you gain more ticks.

If I recall correct you not only need less haste with the 4-set piece, but also get an extra DoT tick. And you need to refresh your DoTs less often = more dps.
    Last edited by lolstorm; 2013-02-25 at 04:22 PM.