finaly got down amber shaper... but!

This is a little "fun" storry of my small casual guild's progress attempt

We are on a werry small server, with only 8% alliance on top of that. doesn't have a specific raidgroup, we take the ones who sign, and often that is anywhere between 7 and 12 people.

So, today was our 3'rd raid day at amber shaper, and after countless wipes, we finally managed to down him (yes!)

but here is the BUT...

one of the raidmembers forgot to eat pools just before the boss died, so after the boss died, only the 2 tanks where alive, against the add. instead of letting themself die, our main tank desides to just pull the add out of the room... DESPAWNING THE BOSS!!!

so there we were, finally downed that darn boss, and getting no loot for it (except the lucky guy who won tier legs from his coin)

The worst part is, that he dropped the mail boots that i needed (the tanks linked the items in chat before pulling the add out of the room), and mage tier legs. I was the only hunter, and our mage was the only one who could use the tier legs.

hopefully a kind GM will be able to hand us the items

after that we wiped on empress during 2.nd add phase, but that's an other story

From my experience, GMs will give items to appropriate people (if raid leader sends the ticket).

I thnk they have records of what dropped after a kill so I wouldn't worry too much.

Grats for the kill! Amber shaper is a fight where it takes FOREVER for people to get right :<

I told my friends to 'practice' the interrupts on sunsong ranch tentacles lol

Yeah, don't run the Constructs out of the room after a kill; this is a known bug. They're supposed to despawn after the boss dies, but they only do 50% of the time.

GMs have given people their loot in this situation in the past, so you should be good there. Grats on your kill.

This happened to us a few weeks ago. Just ticket it and you will get your loot. If you know what both items were it would help to know who they are going to ahead of time when you get in contact with the GM.

This happened to us several weeks ago, except we didn't pull anything out of the room. The boss just decided to fucking for absolutely no reason.

The GM gave us the loot.

You'll get the loot. Gz on the kill.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good job on the kill And as others have said, You should get the loot

People have already said so, but you will get the loot. We had Garalon die at the same time all of us did a few weeks ago (only priest in his dead healing form was alive) and so when we all ran back in, the wall was still up so there was a dead boss with loot on it and we couldn't get to it! lol Didn't even know what dropped, but GM gave us our loot (mailed to gm and could be given to anyone who was eligible)

This reminds me of back in ICC when my guild had a rougher time than usual (new healers I think) on Valithria Dreamwalker. We managed to defeat the encounter, spawning the loot chest, but only with a few players alive, and they got destroyed by the remaining adds before they had a chance to loot the chest. The adds never despawned, and we were locked out of the room due to the gates not opening thanks to this.

Last edited by Whiskra; 2013-02-22 at 01:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Yeah, don't run the Constructs out of the room after a kill; this is a known bug. They're supposed to despawn after the boss dies, but they only do 50% of the time.

GMs have given people their loot in this situation in the past, so you should be good there. Grats on your kill.
    This is why we don't use Master Looter in our group unless there is a PUG. Person alive loots boss, everyone except RL passes, and we've never had issues with wasting time waiting for a GM to distribute despawned loot. In fact, we got double loot from H Garalon this way (Warlock Dark Bargained for Massive Crush, boss died like 2 seconds later, warlock looted boss, we got loot, and boss respawned when warlock died from the DoT).

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    This is why we don't use Master Looter in our group unless there is a PUG. Person alive loots boss, everyone except RL passes, and we've never had issues with wasting time waiting for a GM to distribute despawned loot. In fact, we got double loot from H Garalon this way (Warlock Dark Bargained for Massive Crush, boss died like 2 seconds later, warlock looted boss, we got loot, and boss respawned when warlock died from the DoT).
    We don't use master looter. People roll for what they want for main spec. Can negotiate and trade after if needed. If you can't trust your guildies who can you trust.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    In fact, we got double loot from H Garalon this way (Warlock Dark Bargained for Massive Crush, boss died like 2 seconds later, warlock looted boss, we got loot, and boss respawned when warlock died from the DoT).
    Haha, exploit, blah blah blah, grats.