Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    This is a horrible idea, it's nothing but gimmicky. I'd be nothing more than saying "oh neat" and the novelty would wear off after the first few times of doing it. If you want that type of thing permanently, just wait 30 seconds before you click the repair-all button.

I would rather they focus their efforts on increasing immersion where it counts.

- Makes cities feel more "alive"
    - Add more diverse weather
    - "Real" nighttime
    - More fluff
    - More aesthetic elements aimed for your specific race

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    I dispute your argument. Show me one piece of broken magical gear. I can find none on ebay.
    As absurd as this response was at its attempt to troll. I'd suggest you try your search again. Notably "Shards of Narsil"
    Vote with your wallet if you don't like something. Otherwise just keep your mouth shut.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    There's a big difference between not being able to buy things that cost thousands of gold and repairs that cost less than what you earn from a single quest. The only time it's at all noticeable is when you die a lot, then it can get up to around 60g, which can be recovered by vendoring two or three greens.

Also: if you really want to make it take more time, stop using Repair All. Repair each item individually. That's both more "realistic" *cough* and takes more time.
    Do you play this game? I really dont mean to be rude or anything, but seriously? You think a heavily damaged gear set only costs 60g? Maybe back in wotlk, but now, it has cost me 180g+ for my paladins gear being almost fully broken.

Deleted
    RP is sh*t.

That sounds more like its just wasting the time I have to play

Adds realism, but more annoyance than realism.

Please. No.

I'd be all for Blacksmiths being able to create "repair anvils" that allows players to repair their gear though. They'd be like Jeeves, but would be more like old-school scrapbots/repair bots that are consumable (just so there's REASON to play Engineer lol)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

"... to make the game more immersive and realistic?"

Are you smoking crack? That statement implies the game is already somewhat immersive and realistic. That idea holds until you press 'i' and queue for a random dungeon.

Why not make it so you have to take your armor off and turn it into the blacksmith for repair. Time it take to get repaired would of course be based on how broken it is, but you could pay a little more and to the express 1hr dry cleaner. Then just like in real life I would have an extra set of armor to wear while my other set was being repaired. If you don't go express it can take a couple days to get your armor repaired

Can they give us a closet, so that we can store several sets of armor for wear while others are at the blacksmith being repaired? That way we can better manage what armors we will be wearing while others are out for repair. This seems like the most realistic option.. Sitting there with a cast bar doesn't add any realism at all..

Yea, that sounds fun!
    Last edited by DrStiglit; 2013-02-21 at 11:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Do you play this game? I really dont mean to be rude or anything, but seriously? You think a heavily damaged gear set only costs 60g? Maybe back in wotlk, but now, it has cost me 180g+ for my paladins gear being almost fully broken.
    Take better care of your gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Quit talking out of your ass.

Although magical properties are applied to gear, they are made of plate, mail, leather and cloth. They can break. They do break. And it would only add the the realism of a person having broken gear, that it takes time to repair such items.

In the real world you often can not repair clothing and armor to be perfect like it was, eventually it will have to be broken down, smelted, what have you in order to create something new.

This is a game, and whatever happened to people liking a game to be immersive, and sort of life like? Adding to the realism of the game does nothing to hurt anyone. Seriously you are squaking at a 30 sec channeled cast timer to repair your gear?

Get real.
    Plan:
    Insert quote about getting a dragon in the mail. Hope it provides some perspective.

Outcome:
    Likely be disapointed.
    Last edited by Firecrest; 2013-02-21 at 11:22 PM.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    Plan:
    Insert quote about getting a dragon in the mail. Hope it provides tom perspective.

Outcome:
    Likely be disapointed.
    You've never mailed a dragon before? Happens much more often in real life than instantly repairing your armor does..

That's not really immersive, it's not immersive to have chainmail or whatever fixed by being banged with a hammer whether it takes five seconds or five minutes.
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    I think a cast time would be more annoying than immersive.

I do think it would be cool if appropriate crafters could repair relevant gear (leatherworkers, tailors, blacksmiths). They actually talked about implementing that at one point but the idea was scrapped for whatever reason. I think that would be nice, as long as repair NPCs continued to exist as well.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by DrStiglit View Post
    You've never mailed a dragon before? Happens much more often in real life than instantly repairing your armor does..
    ...the point being that this game is not, in the slightest bit, realistic.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Lol, it is not immersion, it is fucking irritation.
    You know, people really play games not just for standing there and: "Sorry guys, can't heal you now, I have to stand 22 secs more near this god damned blacksmith!".
    Horrible idea. You could also add need for food, need for water, need for sleep and need for poop in game "for better immersion", lol. With channeled cast timers.
    upd. Oh, it is yet another Jaylock thread. Should've guessed.
    Last edited by l33t; 2013-02-21 at 11:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    How would the game benefit from making people alt-tab while repairing?
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    ...the point being that this game is not, in the slightest bit, realistic.
    Yes, I was expanding on your sarcasm, not being sarcastic towards you..

A pointless addition to something that needs no change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quit it with the rudeness. It's entirely possible to discuss something without people resorting to borderline insults.