Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Would you be in favor of Blizz adding a cast timer on your gear repairs to make the game more immersive and realistic? The length of the timer would depend on how broke your gear is.. ie: the lower durability it has, the longer it takes to repair that gear.

The cast would be like 30 sec cast for really broke gear, to 5 sec cast for minimal broken gear.

What do you think?
    30 seconds to repair armor is completely unrealistic and would kill any immersion I had in the game. If you want to make repairs "life like" we are talking several hours to days at a repair shop, as you take a number and wait for a message letting you know your armor is ready.

It also ruins game immersion when my body can be instantly mended after I'm slaughtered and killed...so battle rez has to go. Cast time rezzes are ok, but we should still have to hospitalize our characters for a minimum of 7 days after being resurrected from the dead before we are strong enough to make another attempt at the boss. Even Miracle Max's miracle pill took several hours for full effect and the Dread Pirate Roberts was only "mostly dead". These 5 minute resets after wiping are completely unrealistic.

You shouldn't be able to res at all. And you should have to reroll every time you die. And if you get bitten by a wolf or something in the starter area you have a 1% chance of contracting Rabies, dooming your character to death, but symptoms only start appearing after...

...How long does it take for Rabies symptoms to appear?
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by oltavp1 View Post
    Take a stopwatch
    Set it to 30 sec
    Wait
    Press Repair
    Grats you're immersed.Now leave us alone
    Voted #1 response.

I can see no flaws with this. It should completely fill Jaylock's immersion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would you be in favor of Blizz adding a cast timer on your gear repairs to make the game more immersive and realistic? The length of the timer would depend on how broke your gear is.. ie: the lower durability it has, the longer it takes to repair that gear.

The cast would be like 30 sec cast for really broke gear, to 5 sec cast for minimal broken gear.

What do you think?

Also, what do you think about players who have the blacksmithing profession, are able to repair your gear with a cast timer as well? Blacksmiths could set their own prices and we would have a new economy going.
    Nah, not a good idea, cast timer does not make it immersive for me really, only annoying. Also if they add a repair option to blacksmiths I think engineers deserve to get money from people using their Jeeves. Then again I do not support the idea, and just would leave it as it is...

With added sound of blacksmith hammering!
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!

10+ Year Old Account
    I second this response. Please dont insult me just because I think its a great idea that brings a lot of depth and immersion to the game.
    My in-thread warning applies to everyone in the thread, Jaylock, including you. There's really no need to quote it and pull the discussion off-topic. For the most part it's continuing constructively after the warning.

On-topic:
    I wouldn't agree with this repair change in game. I really don't care about immersiveness. Call me impatient, I'd rather just click once and get it done immediately.

Not really a fan of it tbh. It isn't going to add any immersion or realism, it will just be annoying "ffs, now i have to wait 30 secs for my gear to repair" and waste time during raiding. Repairs are only there to serve as a way to reduce the amount of gold people have

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest I wish they would just get rid of having to repair armor. Ever since I started back in Vanilla, I hated the whole repair your gear thing. It doesn't make the game feel realistic in any way. There are way more realistic fantasy games that don't even require you to repair your armor. There are more wacky, weird, and magical things going on in WoW that it makes repairing seem like just a pain in the ass chore. Plus this is a game why make things realistic? Isn't a game supposed to take away realism and make things fun? Blizzard could take it out too. They came up with lame excuses for other things they've taken out or changed before, why couldn't they do it with this. That's just my take on it.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2013-02-22 at 02:45 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    To be honest I wish they would just get rid of having to repair armor.
    It was pretty much designed as a system to take gold out of the economy and add a small penalty for dying, but that was about it.

Personally I would be fine with the system being removed. We have enough gold sinks, and since ghost flying is gone in most Pandaria areas the travel back to your corpse is enough of a punishment. Going back to the suggestion though, I wouldn't mind an option to repair gear for time rather then money. You can either pay gold for an instant repair or utilize a timed repair that repairs 1g worth of damage per second. At least then it could be a choice of cost and convenience.

Adding a timer to the system we have now with all the same costs or even just slightly reduced costs? Nah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grocalis View Post
    It was pretty much designed as a system to take gold out of the economy and add a small penalty for dying, but that was about it.

Personally I would be fine with the system being removed. We have enough gold sinks, and since ghost flying is gone in most Pandaria areas the travel back to your corpse is enough of a punishment. Going back to the suggestion though, I wouldn't mind an option to repair gear for time rather then money. You can either pay gold for an instant repair or utilize a timed repair that repairs 1g worth of damage per second. At least then it could be a choice of cost and convenience.

Adding a timer to the system we have now with all the same costs or even just slightly reduced costs? Nah.
    Oh god, dying in ToES is a nightmare with where they put the graveyard.
    Putin khuliyo

I fail to see how just making it take time makes it immersive. The only way I could see it being immersive is if you have to do some quick "mini-game" to repair your gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pej View Post
    RP is sh*t.
    Then why do you play an RPG.

I feel I'd get too annoyed too fast.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

What do you think?

Also, what do you think about players who have the blacksmithing profession, are able to repair your gear with a cast timer as well? Blacksmiths could set their own prices and we would have a new economy going.
    Why stop there? Let's get really serious with the immersion. Not only does it take time to repair the gear, but you can't wear it while he is repairing it. Seriosuly though, this would just cause a lot of QQing, and wouldn't even leave the ptr. Blacksmiths should be able to repair their own gear for free first of all. The fact they can't is just stupid.

Obv by now Blizz doesn't care about immersion. They took away hunters ammo, and having to feed pets. Class quests gone except for a few exceptions. BOOM! RPG immersion died. They talk about this game being an RPG game but it's only like 60% rpg now.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

The only way I would say this would be a good idea is if it was for blacksmiths repairing their own gear, I'd say something like 3 seconds for each durability lost but it can run over night, losing any durability would halt the repair.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Only if your character was naked during the repair process. In case of female blood elves, their underwear would also need repair.

10+ Year Old Account
    Closing this.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-04-15 at 06:13 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."