Low level Bg bracket change?

I read a few weeks ago that blizz was planning on changing how the low level bg brackets work.
    For example if you enter the 80-84 bracket as a 81 you would automatically scale to 84...
    Is this change coming in 5.2 or was it just a rumor?

Deleted
    never heard of something like that. reading news all the days...

Quote Originally Posted by grdn View Post
    never heard of something like that. reading news all the days...
    It was posted a while ago in the dev watercooler
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Smoother Battleground Brackets – We have technology now to scale down player items for Challenge Modes, and you might be aware that we scaled up player items during our beta raid testing. We’d like to use the same mechanic to scale up players within the lower level PvP brackets. For example, in the level 15 to 19 bracket, we could make all characters behave as if they were level 19 for purposes of the Battleground. If this idea works well, we could potentially condense lower level brackets and maybe reduce queue times.

I've looked around and can't find a date, i'd presume it's coming in 5.3 or 5.4.

edit: this is where it's from http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/770...PvP-10_31_2012

10+ Year Old Account
    i read they were doing that im pretty sure it was suppose to be for 5.2
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

There is no any confirmed info about this beein aplied in any near futhure, too bad. Tho kinda stict taken from gw

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8226552#battlegrounds

Players in low-level Battlegrounds will have their effective level raised to the maximum level allowed in that Battleground bracket. Players' base stats and spells are scaled accordingly, and are treated as the same level when determining hits, misses, and critical effect chance.

I'm pretty sure it'll be in 5.2 judging from that. They could back out last minute with it, though.
    Last edited by Syh; 2013-02-21 at 10:57 PM.

Wonder how this is going to play out... could be a severe blow to twink community

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullgore View Post
    Wonder how this is going to play out... could be a severe blow to twink community
    Blizzard doesn't like twinks. And quite frankly, this change is long overdue; people that are new to the game would get discouraged by the abysmal state of low level PvP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Blizzard doesn't like twinks. And quite frankly, this change is long overdue; people that are new to the game would get discouraged by the abysmal state of low level PvP.
    Ive personally introduced 2 new players to the game that quit before level 40 because the game is so confusing to new players. One of them was real excited about the pvp until he did a week of battlegrounds. He was pretty dissapointed that after a week of dragging his mage through bgs and getting raped by rogues and hunters there was 0 reward. he had some honor points but they are useless until level 60.
    Being constructive feels good. You should try it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I heard something like that as well.
    Not sure if it's true though :l we'll have to wait and see until 5.2.