Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Because people still buy them.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Is this seriously a question? Have you ever drank from a glass bottle.... it's the nectar of the godssssss.

I for one am glad they do. I like soda from a glass bottle or aluminum can. I can't stand it from a plastic bottle.

So the homeless can have some kind of income? I don't know.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find drinks taste better in glass than plastic.
    Moorden (Main)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Resies View Post
    How is it easier to recycle?
    About Plastic:
    http://www.ecologycenter.org/ptf/misconceptions.html
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plastic_recycling

About Glass:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glass_recycling
    http://recycling-guide.org.uk/science-glass.html

Summary:
    http://ecologycenter.org/factsheets/...-and-waste.pdf
    Every 120 pounds of newspapers
    that are recycled spares a tree from
    heading to a paper mill. (Environment
    Canada)

Throwing away an aluminum soda
    can wastes as much energy as burning
    half its volume in gasoline. We still throw
    away enough aluminum cans in the U.S.
    to rebuild every commercial airplane
    in the country...every three months!
    (California Dept. of Conservation)

Recycling one glass bottle saves
    enough energy to run a hundred-watt
    light bulb for four hours. It also causes
    20 percent less air pollution and 50
    percent less water pollution than
    making a new bottle from raw materials.
    (San Jose State University)

And Plastic again:
    http://www.ecologycenter.org/iptf/re...seduction.html
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2013-02-22 at 12:33 AM.

Deleted
    I can't imagine a World without IRN BRU in a glass bottle.

(Put me in the mood now)

Deleted
    In Germany, there is quite a big use of glass bottles, even for water. But I guess it only works because you get money back when you return the bottles (both plastic and glass).

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    maybe its a canadian thing...but i'm sick of it.
    I could say the same going with a bike in the street in front of cars.. But I'm not complaining.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm convinced that soda tastes better from glass than from a can or god forbid plastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Its kinda rare to find glass soda here in America dunno about Europe or other 1st world countries but I been to many third world countries that still use glass since its easy for them to recycle the glass as they just refill it up and sell it.

Coca Cola in glass bottles use cane sugar instead of the high fructose corn syrup found in the plastic bottles.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Because cola tastes better from a glass bottle 0o No idea why, but it does :S

the same with can vs bottle, can always tastes better than that in a plastic bottle
    I don't taste much difference between glass bottle and plastic bottle...but can definitely tastes worse than either.

I agree op. It would also mean more safety when you're out inn town. People tend to use anything as weapons now days...

Anywho, some bars have resorted to not using glass's Ive heard. The only Cola brand I recall still selling from glass bottles inn Denmark are minor brewery's, Coca Cola and sometimes they all sell glass bottles when you buy a case(box?) off 24 units.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheekin View Post
    Rofl nostalgia, guys this not someone talking about TBC you don't have to use that shitty argument. But anyway it tastes better from glass although coke from can is almost as good. Coke from plastic is only good if it's super cold and you are very thirsty.
    You do know that the word nostalgia has more than one usage? It's not a word someone invented when talking about WoW, it was actually around before WoW.

Ya. For realz.

On topic: Coke doesn't taste as good when it's in a plastic container.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Fountain drinks taste the best, after that I like glass and plastic bottles, and I hate cans. There is a small Mexican grocery store near my house and they sell the Mexican version of coke and other sodas as well. They use real sugar in the cokes and it makes a world of difference, they also only carry glass bottles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Why is it easier to recycle glass than cans?
    Because smelting and working with melted aluminum is much harder than doing so with glass. Aluminum doesn't take the same liquidish form as steel does where you can pour it. Also, smelting aluminum is much more expensive than smelting glass and, I'd say, most non noble metals.

On topic: glass bottles are actually healthier than plastic bottles. If anything plastic is made of oil... Not very healthy. Where glass is made of silica and quartz sand. Much healthier than oil.
    Last edited by vep; 2013-02-23 at 11:07 AM.

glass can be 100% recycled, is easy to produce and cheap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Supposedly it tastes better from glass. I don't drink anything except water and skim milk (milk flavored water).
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

It all comes down to taste, coke just tastes better from a glass bottle then from a can or plastic.
    The same with beer here in holland all beer is sold either in glass bottles or in cans this due to the taste.
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT