Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why are fears not breaking to dmg??

I am just wondering why the Priest and warlock fears are not breaking to damage. It seems as though I have to take almost 30% or more for them to break. From what I remember these were meant for CC and not a locking ability that you can kill someone in. There has been many instances where I am at 50% health I have used the proper cool downs to stay alive and keep my team mates alive, dodge polys, counter spells, etc. Then take a fear and get destroyed in it. It feels like its a stun that makes me run away from my teammates and allows me to take massive amounts of dmg without breaking and giving me a chance to do anything. You can't even sac them anymore. I really want to know the intent behind this and if its not meant to be like this to please fix it. Because the ptr or live it is the same.
    Thank you

Yeah fears are kinda ridic atm, but I think blood fear is the main cuplrit here. Luckily that crap will be gone in 5.2 (sort of).

Deleted
    wwhenever I fight against locks these dumb fears seem to never break. whenever I play my lock these dumb fears seem to break after just blowing my enemy a kiss.

fears obviously suck either.

Well if they are affliction your not going to take any dmg in a fear to begin with. The only way your going to take dmg in a fear would be if they were demo or destro and if that's the case the real question to ask here is.... What exactly are your team mates doing?!?

Quote Originally Posted by grdn View Post
    wwhenever I fight against locks these dumb fears seem to never break. whenever I play my lock these dumb fears seem to break after just blowing my enemy a kiss.

fears obviously suck either.
    OMG. Couldn't agree more. I literally sit for 3/4th of the duration of an entire fear while still taking massive damage without it breaking, however, when I play my lock that I am levelling it breaks almost instantly.

I am only guessing it scales of level or something along those lines. Its quite ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakamuraa View Post
    Well if they are affliction your not going to take any dmg in a fear to begin with. The only way your going to take dmg in a fear would be if they were demo or destro and if that's the case the real question to ask here is.... What exactly are your team mates doing?!?
    DoT damage is still damage, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

My psychic scream always breaks on damage (if the enemy even takes damage... most the time I use Psychic Scream as a defensive CD so I am running away, not attacking)...

Disc priests only have 2 CCs they can use on other people. Holy have 3. So we didn't gain much (especially when compaired to others... technically we lost CC because mind control used to be baseline).

Quote Originally Posted by Valanna View Post
    DoT damage is still damage, you know.
    Right but with almost everyone having close to or over 400k health those dots ticking for 3k are not goin to do anything deff not drop anyone below 30%. If that does happen than te OP didn't mention another person attacking him I. Te fear maybe a warrior or Mage.

Fears are only OP in that they put you far from your target.

I'm not talking about DOT damage as much as I am taking full on hits, casted ability's, and pets sitting on me while I'm still in the fear. ALSO 1 dot ticking for 3k is not bad but when 10 dots are ticking between 3k and 10k it can cause an issue very quickly. PLUS when I put sac on a friendly target and he drops 70% health and me around 20 to 30% because of the effect of Hand of sac (this is on the PTR because the the sac buff in 5.2) and I still sit in the fear. There must be something wrong with it or its intended to be like this. I have read around a good amount of places and it seems the Blizz is just dancing around the issue without directly addressing it. Its almost like they like that its this way, Which suck but is fine as long as that is what it is intended to do. But from reading its ability and others fears from warrior and pally undead fears breaking almost instantly on any type of dmg to the CC'd target this dose not seem right to me and would very much like it to be addressed by a blizz rep if that were at all possible.

Thank you

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bukubowser View Post
    I'm not talking about DOT damage as much as I am taking full on hits, casted ability's, and pets sitting on me while I'm still in the fear. ALSO 1 dot ticking for 3k is not bad but when 10 dots are ticking between 3k and 10k it can cause an issue very quickly. PLUS when I put sac on a friendly target and he drops 70% health and me around 20 to 30% because of the effect of Hand of sac (this is on the PTR because the the sac buff in 5.2) and I still sit in the fear. There must be something wrong with it or its intended to be like this. I have read around a good amount of places and it seems the Blizz is just dancing around the issue without directly addressing it. Its almost like they like that its this way, Which suck but is fine as long as that is what it is intended to do. But from reading its ability and others fears from warrior and pally undead fears breaking almost instantly on any type of dmg to the CC'd target this dose not seem right to me and would very much like it to be addressed by a blizz rep if that were at all possible.

Thank you
    I agree with your assessment of fears. I'd really like for each fear to break guaranteed upon a set damage value (for instance: Psychic Scream breaks after 25% of a target's hp is lost, and 5% for Intimidating Shout.)

I'd just really like some clarification as to what factors determine when a fear breaks.
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

Blizzard has said it is 20% health. The problem is the way you can queue up damage into a feared target. Take a warlock for example, if they know what they are doing they will fear you, dot you and cast a few non lethal spells to get close to that 20% health number and then queue up two choas bolts. The first one is in the air while you are feared and the second one is being cast while the first is in the air and you are feared. So by the time the second one lands you have been broken out of fear but have taken closer to 50%-60% of your health instead of 20%. Fear is meant to be a way to CC a target that maybe has some incidental damage on them and it not break early unlike say a polymorph. Smart fear classes have learned this though and will push as close to that 20% number before they unload on you and get the most out of that fear.

As an example, let's say you are a warlock. What you would do is fear, dot cast. When the fear breaks you refear them and you get a new 20%. So that first fear ate roughly 40% of their health probably (conservative) so they are at 60% health into the second 4 second fear. That fear they queue up two spells and let them fly and you have eaten two fears and lost roughly probably 60% or more of your health.

Honestly, I think the only way to fix it is to make them like polymorph and have all fear break on any damage and then give classes with fear a glyph option to remove dots when they fear. Problem solved. But alas, my head is not in my ass so I could never work for Blizzard....

Fear should break on 1point of damage, its meant to be an OH SHIT not a HAHA I JUST MELTED YOUR FACE button.

They are breaking..working has intended

This thread proves that people just like to complain about warlocks even when we are a weak class!!

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    i think its a DR issue too, many times ive been fear chained for what seems like minutes or hours or days ;p and have even been killed from full hp while feared..

why cant it be made simple, CC is fukked up in the game.. fear or stuns last for 4-5 secs unless taken dmg, once youve been feared/stunned once u cant be feared/stunned for 20 secs say.. bit like a forbearence???.

or say your a warrior or lock... you get a bar to fill up, when you take dmg the bar fills and u can fear or stun?
    ........THE WRITING'S ON THE WALL !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bukubowser View Post
    I am just wondering why the Priest and warlock fears are not breaking to damage. It seems as though I have to take almost 30% or more for them to break. From what I remember these were meant for CC and not a locking ability that you can kill someone in. There has been many instances where I am at 50% health I have used the proper cool downs to stay alive and keep my team mates alive, dodge polys, counter spells, etc. Then take a fear and get destroyed in it. It feels like its a stun that makes me run away from my teammates and allows me to take massive amounts of dmg without breaking and giving me a chance to do anything. You can't even sac them anymore. I really want to know the intent behind this and if its not meant to be like this to please fix it. Because the ptr or live it is the same.
    Thank you
    I agree Rogue stuns are absurd. Just "Oh sh... oh im stunned. well there goes about all of my HP"

oh this was about warlock fears? lol
    Vote with your wallet if you don't like something. Otherwise just keep your mouth shut.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anything that causes loss of control of your char should dr.
    Stuns
    Fears
    Blinds
    Hibernates
    Bind ele
    Banish ( are demo locks banishable?)
    Incapacitates

Roots, snares should share dr

disarms silences should share dr
    Last edited by Starsinn; 2013-02-22 at 05:07 PM.
    Being constructive feels good. You should try it.

Quote Originally Posted by zeekphreak View Post
    I agree Rogue stuns are absurd. Just "Oh sh... oh im stunned. well there goes about all of my HP"

oh this was about warlock fears? lol
    Ran out of time to post a fully finished thought. Luckily the poster who followed me got to what I was striking at.

The issue is we have no visual (as far as I know) display of the DR on CCs. In fact to me they continue to be nebulous.

Now here is just a thought: would everyone be happier if all CCs shared DR? I take this idea from SWtOR (boo hiss. Yes I know it has bad PvP) however all forms of CCs including snares and knock backs fill up a "resolve bar" effectively making the player immune to additional CC till the resolve bar had reset (3-4 seconds). It was visible at all times so it was something to take into consideration and affected descisions.
    Vote with your wallet if you don't like something. Otherwise just keep your mouth shut.

Yup lock fears only break when they paint you up with immolate and throw trinket soul chaos bolt.