Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zeekphreak View Post
    Ran out of time to post a fully finished thought. Luckily the poster who followed me got to what I was striking at.

The issue is we have no visual (as far as I know) display of the DR on CCs. In fact to me they continue to be nebulous.

Now here is just a thought: would everyone be happier if all CCs shared DR? I take this idea from SWtOR (boo hiss. Yes I know it has bad PvP) however all forms of CCs including snares and knock backs fill up a "resolve bar" effectively making the player immune to additional CC till the resolve bar had reset (3-4 seconds). It was visible at all times so it was something to take into consideration and affected descisions.
    Yes, and everyone can see it. Enemy and friendly, as its just part of your unit frame. I thought it worked out really good.
    Being constructive feels good. You should try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Fear should break on 1point of damage, its meant to be an OH SHIT not a HAHA I JUST MELTED YOUR FACE button.
    Hmmm this should apply to stuns also rogue monk warrior or feral as soon as they do dmg to a stunned target the stun should break. According to you at least...

Quote Originally Posted by Starsinn View Post
    Anything that causes loss of control of your char should dr.
    Stuns
    Fears
    Blinds
    Hibernates
    Bind ele
    Banish ( are demo locks banishable?)
    Incapacitates

Roots, snares should share dr

disarms silences should share dr
    Yep. I have sat out most of this PVP season, but I was simply shocked when I started queuing again and went from fear, cyclone, fear, poly, stun, fear, fear, horror, etc. I know it always seems worse than it is when you are on the receiving end, but it really wasn't much fun when I didn't have control of my character for such a high percentage of the time. When you couple the fears/stuns with silences and disarms it seems like too much.

you probably fought a high rated warlock. their fears don't break until you're about to die

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    Yep. I have sat out most of this PVP season, but I was simply shocked when I started queuing again and went from fear, cyclone, fear, poly, stun, fear, fear, horror, etc. I know it always seems worse than it is when you are on the receiving end, but it really wasn't much fun when I didn't have control of my character for such a high percentage of the time. When you couple the fears/stuns with silences and disarms it seems like too much.
    They could always do what WAR did and give X second of immunity to CC after being hit by a CC effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, as much as swtor pvp sucked, the resolve sytem was good. Id like to see that be implemented.
    Being constructive feels good. You should try it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    you probably fought a high rated warlock. their fears don't break until you're about to die
    Is that why they are high ranked, or is it a result of being high ranked? What's the correlation between ilvl and fear durations? Would be nice to know...

Half of Blizz devs play locks/rogues anyway.

The fear brakes when you die it never fails

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valanna View Post
    DoT damage is still damage, you know.
    i think he was insinuating that aff dmg on live is laughable [i hope he was..] .. i found it pretty funny and accurate ^^.

---------- Post added 2013-02-24 at 07:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    well that explains why both had awesome s12s @ representation #ldiots.

---------- Post added 2013-02-24 at 07:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    you people cant be fkn serious. if fears broke instantly on dmg, even if the threshold was similar to cata - it would be a disaster in mop pvp for the dependent classes.
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2013-02-24 at 07:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    Is that why they are high ranked, or is it a result of being high ranked? What's the correlation between ilvl and fear durations? Would be nice to know...

uh I hope you realize I was joking ><

It is not all fears. Warrior fears break with damage, But lock and priests do not. I don't understand why they are both considered fears and DR with eachother but don't break the same way. If I were to get stunned and be the focus target for a kill it would be an option to trinket the stun. But when I'm the target to be killed and I get feared and am forced to Trinket it because they can kill me while I am still in the CC. I'm confused on this factor. It is meant be a CC that controls someone so you can focus down another target. Not so you can control them while killing them. Its works more like a stun then it does a fear. (For priest and locks only). And both of these classes have other ability's to interrupt my healer right after If or when I am forced to trinket. I feel this is way to strong for these 2 classes and it still is not being taken care of on the PTR. So any comp using either one of these classes in any spec has a great advantages and is pushing me and many other players away from the arena part of this game. We will see how is works in 5.2 S13 but i assure you (GOD COMP) is not the strongest because of the mage. Most of the healers issues come from this fear not breaking while they are getting tunneled by both the shadow and the mage. So after the healer is forced to trinket a FEAR!!! while they are being killled they eat a 5 sec silence into a pom ring and deep and possibly another fear that wont break to damage from they psy feind if the preist is high skill cap and uses this "Bug" correctly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bukubowser View Post
    It is not all fears. Warrior fears break with damage, But lock and priests do not.
    "physical" dmg breaks the magical fears that locks and priests use instantly, apparently it's just the spell dmg threshold that's super high.

warrior fear is undispelable.. not the same bag of chips at all. if my fears were unremovable - i would dance at the change to have dmg break it for that trade off [obv, this is 3s based.. in world and when solo fighting; lock fear pls <3]
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2013-02-26 at 06:09 AM.

I'm fine with it not breaking instantly on dmg, that's a locks/spriest gimic; just have to react accordingly. I do think the threshold needs to be lowered. Blizz could even implement a reduce dmg taking while in a CC baseline for all characters. You can stun lock/ fear all you want but that char is taking 50% ( or whatever %) less dmg while CC. Making it the better choice to attack the non-CC'd char.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakamuraa View Post
    Hmmm this should apply to stuns also rogue monk warrior or feral as soon as they do dmg to a stunned target the stun should break. According to you at least...
    how does that even make sense, you can't compare a stun to a fear. Half of those classes require combopoints for their stuns whereas fear is instant on a 10 second CD, not to mention that it's ranged and this is coming from an affliction warlock. I'm sick of bads in this community comparing apples to pears.

Deleted
    yo white dmg doesnt break fear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dnbear View Post
    how does that even make sense, you can't compare a stun to a fear. Half of those classes require combopoints for their stuns whereas fear is instant on a 10 second CD, not to mention that it's ranged and this is coming from an affliction warlock. I'm sick of bads in this community comparing apples to pears.
    Monk > Doesn't need combo points.
    Warrior > Doesn't need combo points.
    Feral > Doesn't need combo points.
    Rogue > Needs combo points.

That is 25/75 and not 50/50. But I know what you're talking about, I'm equally tired of all those bads who have no idea what they're talking about running their mouth off. :|

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Monk > Doesn't need combo points.
    Warrior > Doesn't need combo points.
    Feral > Doesn't need combo points.
    Rogue > Needs combo points.

That is 25/75 and not 50/50. But I know what you're talking about, I'm equally tired of all those bads who have no idea what they're talking about running their mouth off. :|
    Um, if you are talking mighty bash it is no where close to the other stuns. 50 sec CD. Now, feral does have a KS type stun called Maim that not only costs combo points but energy as well. So uh, yeah.

---------- Post added 2013-02-26 at 02:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by liljc711 View Post
    I'm fine with it not breaking instantly on dmg, that's a locks/spriest gimic; just have to react accordingly. I do think the threshold needs to be lowered. Blizz could even implement a reduce dmg taking while in a CC baseline for all characters. You can stun lock/ fear all you want but that char is taking 50% ( or whatever %) less dmg while CC. Making it the better choice to attack the non-CC'd char.
    I love this idea. I actually think this would go a long way to fixing a lot of what people complain about in PvP. It would slow down damage because you could actively avoid stuff instead of sitting in a deep freeze and it would make using fear more about getting someone out into the open or taking someone out of the fight. They could also revert changes to shockwave as it would be pretty dumb to stun the whole team and make them take less damage, etc.

I would perhaps change it to be a little more forgiving for the different DR schools. Let's say that fears make you take 50% less damage, but stuns make you take 30% less damage (so you could still damage someone in a stun if you wanted to, just at a penalty). Disarms/silences would be 50% as well since you should want to silence or disarm a player to stop damage not to pump damage into them.

I like it. I think I will start a new topic to get some MMO discussion on this to maybe hash out some of the problems with it before taking it to a Blizzard/tweet discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dnbear View Post
    Lol bads eh? Fear has only been instant for one season lets not get our panties in a bunch. After 5.2 warlocks will have to cast it again and with melee riding us as hard as they do it will be even more of a pain to get our cc off. If everyone wants to make fear break on such little dmg than sure why shouldn't a stun? Obv this inst going to happen but the fact remains why should a melee be able to bash my face in hitting me for over 30-40k if im stunned but my dots ticking on them for 3-5k is just way to much dmg and causing all this QQ when they are in a fear. Not to mention everyone pretty much has abilities to get out of fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakamuraa View Post
    This thread proves that people just like to complain about warlocks even when we are a weak class!!
    All it proves is that people(including you and me) like to complain about stuff that is annyoing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Most of you are not getting the point I am putting across. I don't mind fears at all I think they are a great cc in the game. But when a class already has a variety of ways to interrupt a healer or stop him from healing they do not need a cc that will not break to a small amount of damage. Fear was not meant to be used on the kill target. Even in the PVE environment of the game. You don't fear the target your killing. I have a lock and stopped playing him in PVP not because of his burst or his ability to live forever without a healer as a dps class.... but because i can blood fear you while dots are up cast a chaos bolt, coil you after it hits and cast another with off instant cast damage then blood fear you again until your within execute range (in which you will die to 100k crit executes) and this whole time you were not able to control your toon at all while take full damage as if you were just standing there ( From a range class with kiting ability!!). Melee have stuns for a reason range classes really really really don't need or should have them. And this is directed at all range classes!! YOU DON'T NEED STUNS!!! Range classes were given kiting ability's for a reason. If you can't kite you shouldn't get a fail safe you should take the damage and learn from your mistakes.

Priest and Lock fears are broken right now, I don't care if you agree or not. I have been testing things on the PTR for weeks. After this post I put many hours into finding out what the thresholds are for fears and how much damage I can get out before it breaks... On a SPreist ( Which I have never played in my 8 years of wow) I can fear you and get 2 and sometimes if lucky with proc 3 orbs before it breaks, and as I explained before I can take easily 70% of your health with my lock if I don't kill you, BTW 30% health against a destro lock and your healer is cced for 1 sec your dead..... 1 second guys. thats all I need. AND I HAVE ANOTHER DPS BEATING YOUR ASS ALSO!!! This is why priests and locks can solo healers all day... 2s 3s 5s don't matter I have seen it all. if you leave either one of these classes alone for 6 seconds on your healer he is blowing major cool downs to stay alive or he won't make it... And I know what your going to say " HEY a good amount of classes can solo healers right now NOOB" but what you don't realize is that they have to wait for CD's to do so. Its not every time they get a fear they can kill the healer. they have to wait 5 min for wreck or 3 min for wings or even longer for their burst. But spriest and locks just have to wait for 1 proc or enough shards catch him in a fear and destroy his soul. If you think I am wrong or that this can't happen then you are not high skill cap or your just being hard headed and don't want to admit your class is broken it some instances.

I play a Holy pally... I am glad they are nerfing my blinding light that is way to strong. It should be a long cast if not removed from the game. I can lock a player out for a good amount of time if they have no trinket or way out of my cc 8 Sec rep into 6 sec Haj into 6 sec blind into 4 sec rep into 2 sec silence from blood elf racial, that is 26 seconds...... THAT IS HUGE FOR A HEALER!! and not needed. But I am only stating this to let you know I am open minded and not just saying that OOO FUCK THAT SHIT THATS TO OP NERF NERF NERF!!!!!!! I would just like blizzard to explain why its like this or to fix it because with the dmg buffs of next patch the only healers who have a chance against a good SPriest comp lock comp or disc comp are shammys and undead for WOTF.

I do appreciate your comments and like reading them. Please don't bash on others in the threads about their opinion. There are a good amount of things that could should or need to be changed in the game. But I assure you that myself and many of my friends will not be participating in arena next season due to this issue alone. Their are others things that push us away from it but this is the stone that slipped off the cliff for us. RBG's here we come I wish you all good luck in S13 and hope that you enjoy it greatly. I'm not bailing or arena because I don't like the challenge of living through this CC I just want to enjoy myself this season instead of getting frustrated when I die in it from 60% to 0% next patch.

GOOD LUCK ALL