1. #1

    Disengage Blade lord HC on Blade tempest

    Hello there.

    Since I went casual a few months back I ended up in a friends guild where the most people aren't that amazing as a gamer, but right now we're progressing on Blade lord hc and I got a question about the Blade tempest; As a hunter, could you move away further away from the boss and then disengage in the air w/o getting inside the spin?

    Our hunter seems to have problems getting out of it which in my opinion is understandable since he's a clicker and a keyboard turner. But still, is this possible to do?
    My Priest
    (my old paladin)Bályn <Reunion> - Silvermoon EU

  2. #2
    Yes, disengaging during the pull works and it pretty much negates the mechanic for hunters.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Loreld View Post
    Yes, disengaging during the pull works and it pretty much negates the mechanic for hunters.
    As I thought then. Thank you very much.
    My Priest
    (my old paladin)Bályn <Reunion> - Silvermoon EU

  4. #4
    Yep, disengage, pick one direction or the other and strafe in that direction instead of walking with your back to the boss so your character can still attack.

  5. #5
    As far as I remember you can't disengage in mid air, you have to wait until you land. Just have him pick posthaste so even if he disengages too early (it can happen) he has a 60% speed buff to get out. You just can't be hit as a hunter with that talent.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by spiattalo View Post
    As far as I remember you can't disengage in mid air, you have to wait until you land. Just have him pick posthaste so even if he disengages too early (it can happen) he has a 60% speed buff to get out. You just can't be hit as a hunter with that talent.
    You can disengage mid air and 95% of the time it will work correctly. The other 5% of the time you just stop moving towards the boss, but don't go backwards.

  7. #7
    One time I was doing some attempts on Blade Lord 10m heroic. I Disengaged mid-air but I continued to move towards the boss, but I retained my 60% movement speed. My guild also noticed, only on 10 man Blade Lord, that his Unseen Strike is buggy as hell. With 9 people damn near perfectly stacked for it, only 3 people take damage and get killed.
    Omnipotent WCL || Omnipotent Site || Stream: 5-9pm PST Tues/Wed/Thurs || Worst Btag Ever: Slenderman#1355

  8. #8
    I haven't had too much luck doing it midair, I usually waited until my guy landed on the ground.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 25-man, SoO-14/14H US#29, currently recruiting all
    Website: http://www.guilesthemesong.wowlaunch.com
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

  9. #9
    just make sure you use a stopcasting macro for disengage. I'm not sure if it works if you are already casting cobra/steady

  10. #10
    You can even wait to fully land on the ground when pulled in to disengage and you will be fine.

  11. #11
    I wish my "casual" guild was working on heroic HoF. My servers hardcore guilds are barely there lol

  12. #12
    The Lightbringer Tehterokkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidis View Post
    You can disengage mid air and 95% of the time it will work correctly. The other 5% of the time you just stop moving towards the boss, but don't go backwards.
    This is correct, it works most of the time, sometimes it just does nothing and idk why, usually I stand around 20 yards from the boss and use disengage while sort of in the middle of the pull, that way it has the best success rate for me

  13. #13
    For me works 100% correctly when you land aftrer pull. And just after you land on ground use disengage (+posthaste).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •