Expanding the Eye of Kilrogg

The green fire questline made me think how some of the most thematic warlock spells are so under used.

Eye of Kilrogg being chief among them. The teleport functionality did help in making this spell more used, but only slightly. So i was thinking of two other spells that were removed from the warlock spell books, detect lesser invisibility and sense demons.

What if they were baked into Eye of Kilrogg?

The eye would allow you to see invisibility, and see demons on the minimap as long as the eye was summoned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, lesser invisibility, rather impractical with the cast time. It might be handy with stealthed rogues in PvP, but it would make us mandatory in RBG's to sniff them out, so I doubt Blizz would go for it. You'd also face the problem of disorientation when you got back to your body, so you'd probably not be able to pinpoint them all to well afterwards anyway.

The Demons on minimap is even more impractical. I mean you'd only see them while you're the eye, which makes it completely useless when you need it for when you are moving around, not when stationary.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Meh, lesser invisibility, rather impractical with the cast time. It might be handy with stealthed rogues in PvP, but it would make us mandatory in RBG's to sniff them out, so I doubt Blizz would go for it.
    invisibility =/= stealth

Tbh it is more a suggestion for just fun. As there are many easter eggs like the ghosts in undercity which can only be seen with that buff. The addition of these spells to the function of the eye would be a way to give access to these functions without giving a big pvp buff.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Meh, lesser invisibility, rather impractical with the cast time. It might be handy with stealthed rogues in PvP, but it would make us mandatory in RBG's to sniff them out, so I doubt Blizz would go for it. You'd also face the problem of disorientation when you got back to your body, so you'd probably not be able to pinpoint them all to well afterwards anyway.

The Demons on minimap is even more impractical. I mean you'd only see them while you're the eye, which makes it completely useless when you need it for when you are moving around, not when stationary.
    Cant even summon the eye in arena, and not in rBG

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by luckydevours View Post
    invisibility =/= stealth
    No experience with it, I assumed it would allow you to see stealthers when they were close (even if barely)

Quote Originally Posted by Rushgarroth View Post
    Cant even summon the eye in arena, and not in rBG
    Shows you how much I do either of those activities

All in all though this makes me wonder even more how useful these changes to Eye would be

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty Schro View Post
    The green fire questline made me think how some of the most thematic warlock spells are so under used.

Eye of Kilrogg being chief among them. The teleport functionality did help in making this spell more used, but only slightly. So i was thinking of two other spells that were removed from the warlock spell books, detect lesser invisibility and sense demons.

What if they were baked into Eye of Kilrogg?

The eye would allow you to see invisibility, and see demons on the minimap as long as the eye was summoned.
    I'd like to see some form of spellsteal or buff removal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I say, we transform into the eye for our class mount and then soar through the sky (or infernal meteor) like a badass...

But really, its just one of those spells just for fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I want for my eye of killrogg, is to be able to kill people with it again. Ahhh, good times..

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrenka View Post
    I'd like to see some form of spellsteal or buff removal.
    The Observer (improved Fel Hunter), has a spell steal.

Quote Originally Posted by Rushgarroth View Post
    The Observer (improved Fel Hunter), has a spell steal.
    This. You can even glyph it (glyph adds some heal on you when Observer spell steals successfuly something, whereas unglyphed only heals your pet). Not that anyone use this glyph anyways ^^ .
    In general, this is what makes affli more valiable nowadays over demo/destro in arenas since our nuke isn't the best out there. A successful NS spellsteal can make the difference for your team to score a kill in an arena. Add the fact that your interrupt/spellsteal are being executed by your pet (even if they cc you your pet can perfom it), and is a very good team mechanic. Downsides are the bad AI of your pet (you should be experienced using your pet as it tends to go through retarded paths), low survivability of the pet (using Sacrificial pact gives greater risk loosing your pet against experienced teams), and the fact you need some experience forseeing its usage.
    Last edited by pitakos; 2013-02-22 at 07:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't the massive amount of things you can exploit with Eye of Kilrogg not enough?

I'd happily take just about any minor utility additions to the Eye, so long as I can glyph the spell to summon the eye as a non-combat pet. That way I can get the utility without having to channel the whole time, and the utility itself could be fairly minor or mostly flavor.