Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
... LastLast
  1. #121
    deconstruction: YES.

  2. #122
    Legendary! Sorrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    6,876
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    That's... that's not really relevant. Especially the Tauren bit...



    See, that's not how it works. Items share models. Models don't share item ID's. Each item has its own unique ID and therefore it has its own unique bit of code. If this were to be implemented they would have to go into each item's little block of code and add this in.



    That is an option, but it is a bit of a "meh" one. Demon hunters just don't really wear armor. That's how they work. The have portrayed demon hunters thus since 2003. To have that rely on an in-game mechanic seems cheap and unsavory.



    That's mainly because in lore, armor doesn't provide magical enhancements to their skills as far as we're aware. There's never really been note of such.
    Why not have deconstruction work like say enchanting where you destroy the item but get a new one in it's place.

    The new one could basically just be hiding the armor(like helms and cloaks) while at character creation we choose our tatoos.

    Thus we get the same stats but a new item.

    Like i enjoy the Steppebeast armor on my monk so lets say someones going non optimal and uses oooh the Steppebeast Gloves/chest. After deconstruction it could become/say something like "Rune of Steppebeasts Armor"

    Or something like that...At best at worst make it even keep the name/stats but just kinda go invisible.


    Oh and we can change tatoos at the barbershop.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Why not have deconstruction work like say enchanting where you destroy the item but get a new one in it's place.

    The new one could basically just be hiding the armor(like helms and cloaks) while at character creation we choose our tatoos.

    Thus we get the same stats but a new item.

    Like i enjoy the Steppebeast armor on my monk so lets say someones going non optimal and uses oooh the Steppebeast Gloves/chest. After deconstruction it could become/say something like "Rune of Steppebeasts Armor"

    Or something like that...At best at worst make it even keep the name/stats but just kinda go invisible.


    Oh and we can change tatoos at the barbershop.
    Then you would have to have a new item ID for that other item, which could potentially be more work. I mean you're effectively copying all the mail armor in the game at that point.

    Also, why the barbershop?

  4. #124
    Must say, this actually sounds like quite a nice concept; the deconstruction idea is genius to be honest.

  5. #125
    Good job. Idea is great. However i don't think that name "Discipline" fits tanking spec. I think something like "Elusiveness" would fit dogde-based tank more.

  6. #126
    Legendary! Sorrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    6,876
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Then you would have to have a new item ID for that other item, which could potentially be more work. I mean you're effectively copying all the mail armor in the game at that point.

    Also, why the barbershop?
    LOL i chose barbershop cause of tatoos WERE linked to character creation then what better place already in game to change them. For demon hunters it can be the barber shop tatoo parlor combo.

    And i gotcha just trying to suggest alternatives.

    Hmmm i wonder if they couldn't make a set of armor that is essentially invisible for us to transmog then we could just buy that.


    Oh and anpther route might be that say the item basically becomes transmogges to be invisible. So it can say change to use the Steppe beast example again "stee beast armor, Deconstructed"

    With deconstructed being where transmogged would have been. Could even require say a demon forge.
    Last edited by Sorrior; 2013-02-28 at 07:47 PM.

  7. #127
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,778
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post
    Must say, this actually sounds like quite a nice concept; the deconstruction idea is genius to be honest.
    Thanks! I thought that it was a pretty simple way to fix a major problem.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-01 at 12:56 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Zehiir View Post
    Good job. Idea is great. However i don't think that name "Discipline" fits tanking spec. I think something like "Elusiveness" would fit dogde-based tank more.

    I called it Discipline because the tank has to balance order and chaos. However I do see your point.

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtree View Post
    Beyond that, my own wish for a DH hero class starting zone is for it to be the Black Temple and Shadowmoon Valley, starting at about level 65. You'll gain a few levels, then have to defend the Temple against invaders, NPC Alliance and Horde raid groups. But Illidan is slain, and you are a wanted individual. Then Altruis the Sufferer finds you, and he sets you onto a more righteous path, as well as getting you united with the proper faction.

    I think people need to forget about the Illidari and focus more on the actual demon hunter cult who has been active on Azeroth for the last ten thousand years. Illidan's Illidari are nothing compared to the Dark Embrace.

    Apparently people seem to just forget the Dark Embrace exists or they don't know about it. It was part of a secret hidden Cataclysm quest line in Darkshore along with a new quest line in Felwood.

    They are the true demon hunters, they will be involved in the future if demon hunters surface in my educated opinion.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

  9. #129
    Dark Embrance dude uses warglaives http://www.wowwiki.com/Telarius_Voidstrider <Herald of the Dark Embrace> so even if Blizz uses them to present DH class, I am fine with it.

  10. #130
    Inb4 i level 3 demon hunters
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    Jaylock more like Gayblock

  11. #131
    I am speechless... :P

    however the deconstruction idea brings a few things into question. the deconstruction destroys armor, which makes this class pretty expensive as a destroyed armor cannot be unequiped, if i want to respec as tank and im DPS, where must i keep my old gear if they are destroyed?

    solution :

    deconstruction turns armor into runes (as said in OP), which will be called "Runed <old armor name>" they appear in your inventory and will be for the old armor's intended armor slot. if you deconstuct "X's bracers of infinity" it will turn into a rune with the same stat and even color, and will be named "runed bracers of infinity"

    we can also change the name of the rune, we have several -runed- armor pieces in game already.

    if the OP meant the same. then I apologize as I thought that deconstructing an item into a rune means applying it to the armor slot instantly without being able to put it in your inventory.
    Last edited by banestalker; 2013-05-07 at 11:36 AM.

  12. #132
    High Overlord menulo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    you know james? no? wel 20km to the north of his house and you'll run into my house, cant miss it
    Posts
    175
    i do not see why it would be limited to elves, monks are not limited to panda's. the original demon hunters could teach other races. yea the starting area would have to explain how and when, like the DK start did. come on how cool would an orc demon hunter look:P

    i am not saying give it to ALL classes. but orc, troll, undead, blood elves for the horde and Night elfs, human, dwarf, and uhm worgen maybe?
    dreanei, tauren and pandaren would never allow themselfs to be corrupted like that. i dont like the idea of gnome demon hunters, and worgen/goblin i really dont know about either. but i gues all 3 of them could become demon hunters if they wanted to.

    i dont think either they wil add demon hunters. but god do i hope so
    "I am the King of Rome, and above grammar."

  13. #133
    This is neither "your" idea nor a "new" idea, but OP is correct that it was long!

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    See, that's not how it works. Items share models. Models don't share item ID's. Each item has its own unique ID and therefore it has its own unique bit of code. If this were to be implemented they would have to go into each item's little block of code and add this in.
    If you have about 10 people working on every piece of mail armour, let's say there's 5000 pieces, you have to copy it in every little block of code, how long would that take? about 20 items per minute per employee, it's less than 30 minutes because bare in mind, they're professionals, they have everything object oriented, not mish-mashy through the whole project.

    Now.. testing would be another thing.. but that could be easily sorted out with a beta-test.

  15. #135
    Wow, this sounds amazing!!!

  16. #136
    Stopped at the fact only Night Elves and Blood Elves can be Demon Hunters. You shouldn't be restricted to play only an Elf when it comes to certain classes. You classes were really strict like this, only Tauren and Night Elves would be able to be Druids, Tauren and Orcs Shaman, etc.
    "Yes, I'm one of those GW2 fan boys who quit WoW and never even played GW1."[/IMG]

  17. #137
    Just thought I'd add this:
    Now we finally have proof. In-game proof in the form of an actual NPC. DHs aren't restricted to elves > The Blind Hero. So elves are not the only DHs.

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmazingFeedz View Post
    Stopped at the fact only Night Elves and Blood Elves can be Demon Hunters. You shouldn't be restricted to play only an Elf when it comes to certain classes. You classes were really strict like this, only Tauren and Night Elves would be able to be Druids, Tauren and Orcs Shaman, etc.
    Yes, that's the only flaw I see to the exposed by the OP: most races should be able to be demon hunters (like the death knights).

    Moreover it is clear that the next expansion should introduce Demon Hunters as a new hero class (besides including as playable races the Ogres and the High Elves) ...


  19. #139
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,778
    Quote Originally Posted by Poochy View Post
    Just thought I'd add this:
    Now we finally have proof. In-game proof in the form of an actual NPC. DHs aren't restricted to elves > The Blind Hero. So elves are not the only DHs.
    You need to prove that the Blind Hero is a DH. He has zero DH abilities.

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-09 at 05:29 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Yes, that's the only flaw I see to the exposed by the OP: most races should be able to be demon hunters (like the death knights).

    Moreover it is clear that the next expansion should introduce Demon Hunters as a new hero class (besides including as playable races the Ogres and the High Elves) ...
    No. All races shouldn't be Demon Hunters, because the Demon Hunter shouldn't be a widespread class. DHs are supposed to be recluses and hard to find, not lazy bums sitting outside an inn getting drunk off of ale in Goldshire.

    I could see possibly spreading DHs to Worgens because NEs have adopted them, and the Foresaken (as Darkfallen) because Sylvannas was once an elf, and would probably like to utilize their abilities, but that's about it.

  20. #140
    Really do not agree that only elves can be demon hunters.

    Draenei, for example, who have been surrounded by demonic magic their entire lives, who have been fighting their demonic brothers since their inception to the legion, would make perfect demon hunters.

    Other than that, really like it.

    I would like the option to wear "real" armor, if I wanted to, though.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •