Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    There could be a group of gnome who want to be druid. Why not? It's possible. The fact is historically they are not related to druidsm nor demon hunter. Holy cow makes sense to because Blizzard made it so but that doesn't mean it isn't wierd. The argument that if DH teach other races then any race can be DH is weak because it could be applied to all classes. You are one of those people who want all races to be all classes? It's actually fine but I want lore to be treated seriously. I really like OP's idea of DH because it's the idea that really stay true to the class's identity. Some DH's ideas in this forum don't even look like WC3's DH.
    no i wouldnt care if they were night elf and blood elf only because i would make a blood elf demon hunter anyways, but the lore is that any race can be one. nothing needs to be changed or made up, any race that is willing to use fel magic and could convince a demon hunter to teach them could become one, its not like light magic, or nature magic where the entire race doesnt even use it or even know about it.

the magic demon hunters use isnt foreign to humans or gnomes or dwarves ect they are open to and use fel magic, its the way demon hunters apply and use them and their rituals which are different, not the magic they use.

the difference between a human demon hunter and a tauren paladin is that previously tauren never used light magic, humans already use fel magic all they need is to convince a demon hunter to teach them how to use it a different way, same way monks are a class, we already had warriors and rogues, monks were just another class that fought, but in a different way
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    No, just because night elf mage corruption stopped at azeroth doesn't mean it isn't equivalent. You're automatically claiming that all draenei who practice fel magic (aka exile) are bent on destruction of their own people and the system. To bad that is your opinion not an actual fact. It's like claiming all asians are trying to take over the world, like claiming other races who can be warlock and work side by side with the draenei are going to kill them even though they are warlocks helping them, it's like claiming that one religion is the only religion.

That's utter crap and you know it

I rest my case.
    It goes against everything the Draenei stand for, though. Madgod is right.

The Draenei wouldn't be the people to "fight fire with fire," so to speak. They are the epitome of the "goodly" race - Look at their class choices, and on top of that, the fact that the Naaru literally travel and changed them physically and physiologically.

Draenei don't use any Shadow or Fel magics (do note that in lore, Shadow Priests are exceedingly rare among almost every race other than the Forsaken). NO draenei warlocks or demon hunters exist - THAT is a fact (also, Eredar and Draenei are by this point pretty much separate races, much like Blood and High elves - Eredar are fel-corrupted versions, Draenei are changed by extended close proximity to the Naaru). Draenei Death Knights are also seen as a perversion, though they are not outright slaughtered because doing so would cause bad things.

He's claiming nothing of the sort. He's saying the Draenei have seen those powers wielded by demon hunters destroy countless worlds. Take Draenor as an example - the draenei lived there peacefully until demonic influences corrupted the orcs and drove them (again) out.

For the Draenei, their religion IS their only religion. There is no other way. There is only the Naaru and the Light. Other races/faiths are just unenlightened ones, unless everyone worships the Light like them.

So yes, I agree with Madgod when I say that Draenei Warlocks or Demon Hunters would be slaughtered outright. They wouldn't see it the same way you or I would (fighting fire with fire, as I mentioned earlier) - they'd see it more like the case of a rabid dog, one that needed to be put down, lest it infect the rest of them.

On the topic, it sounds like a cool idea. Instead of Deconstruction though, why not just make it like everything else - certain items use DH tier models, others use shaman or hunter models, etc. There'd really be no point, people would get mad ("I WANT COOL ARMOR, NOT STUPID TATTOOS") and we have transmog anyways. It seems like a lot of unnecessary work, and people would get mad, though to be honest, no matter what Blizard does, people get mad. But I digress. Cool idea, seems like a good way to differentiate from us Warlocks

Yet another thread about Demon Hunter class, guys please. While I think they shouldn't be added at all, I have to admit that You did some great job there. And if anything please keep them exclusive.

tihs is awsome, i whant it.

Demon hunters have virtually nothing to do with their core race, that's part of their thing.

The values of the core race have virtually no bearing on the values of the demon hunter. Sure draenei are "super good guys", but that has nothing to do with a draenei demon hunter.

Being exiles and all, they have no obligation to ever get near the exodar or the core of their race and even risk this supposed execution. If the ALLIANCE would welcome them, what does it matter what velen and co would do? If Varian supports them, there's no way he'd allow velen to execute them. They'll just chill at stormwind or the black temple or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Wazooty View Post
    Demon hunters have virtually nothing to do with their core race, that's part of their thing.

The values of the core race have virtually no bearing on the values of the demon hunter. Sure draenei are "super good guys", but that has nothing to do with a draenei demon hunter.

Being exiles and all, they have no obligation to ever get near the exodar or the core of their race and even risk this supposed execution. If the ALLIANCE would welcome them, what does it matter what velen and co would do? If Varian supports them, there's no way he'd allow velen to execute them. They'll just chill at stormwind or the black temple or whatever.
    because unlike becoming a death knight you have to choose to become a demon hunter, the amount of draenei wiling to become a demon hunter would be comparable to the forsaken who are willing to use the light.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Being exiles and all, they have no obligation to ever get near the exodar or the core of their race and even risk this supposed execution. If the ALLIANCE would welcome them, what does it matter what velen and co would do? If Varian supports them, there's no way he'd allow velen to execute them. If there ARE demon hunters, then clearly the alliance is allowing them just as they allow death knights and warlocks, and the values of the alliance > the values of one race. If they're cool with night elf demon hunters running around their cities, they wouldn't stand for one particular race of them being executed simply because of their race. They'll just chill at stormwind or the black temple or whatever.

Supporting demon hunters in your alliance yet persecuting a specific race of them would never happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is actually very well put together.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    because unlike becoming a death knight you have to choose to become a demon hunter, the amount of draenei wiling to become a demon hunter would be comparable to the forsaken who are willing to use the light.
    To even consider becoming a DH, you're probably far far from the trappings of "normal" society. It's probably almost no more of a choice than death knights, but rather a response to severely unusual circumstances. The chances of there being a draenei in such a situation are probably higher than even a night elf, given the draeneis vicinity to demons.

To even consider becoming a DH, you're probably far far from the trappings of "normal" society. It's probably almost no more of a choice than death knights, but rather a response to severely unusual circumstances. The chances of there being a draenei in such a situation are probably higher than even a night elf, given the draeneis vicinity to demons.
    no there isnt, since the draenei dont have a cultural hero to look up to for inspiration to be different.

the draenei have no reason to use fel magic and no draenei has EVER been shown to use it, the ones who turn to fel magic all get killed in outland when they are found.

unless you can show me a friendly draenei who uses fel magic there is no reason to assume this. just because YOU want to play as a draenei demon hunter does not mean its right

---------- Post added 2013-06-09 at 04:09 PM ----------

there are undead paladins in the game and they would make more sense than draenei demon hunters but we dont have them playable, why? because the undead as a whole dont use the light

To even consider becoming a DH, you're probably far far from the trappings of "normal" society.
    If that was the line of thinking Blizzard used then we would see every class available to every race. That hasn't happened.

No there are certain lines on how far off playable races go in terms of their society. We will never see undead paladins, draenei warlocks, or gnomish druids, and several other combinations because of this. Demon hunters and draenei included.

It's probably almost no more of a choice than death knights, but rather a response to severely unusual circumstances. The chances of there being a draenei in such a situation are probably higher than even a night elf, given the draeneis vicinity to demons.
    If demon hunters were forced into their lot in life they wouldn't be pariahs. It's the fact that they willingly go down this path by choice that makes them so reviled.

As well you can fight demons without using demonic magic, so there's no real ability to be forced into becoming a demon hunter, unless you're forced by other demon hunters... which has never been documented to be true. In fact there's been zero documentation of a demon hunter being forced into that lot in life at all, so by your own argument that's dismissible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only Blood Elves for the Horde? You've got to be kidding me, as if there weren't enough BEs already. Imagine them giving a new class to a race nobody likes, say.. Dwarf or Troll. Imagine the rage in that? Forcing people to play a Blood Elf just to enjoy a Demon Hunter is empty dreaming. Forget the lore reasons, if I was offered a free level 90 character on the condition that it was a Blood Elf I'd outright refuse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Only Blood Elves for the Horde? You've got to be kidding me, as if there weren't enough BEs already. Imagine them giving a new class to a race nobody likes, say.. Dwarf or Troll. Imagine the rage in that? Forcing people to play a Blood Elf just to enjoy a Demon Hunter is empty dreaming. Forget the lore reasons, if I was offered a free level 90 character on the condition that it was a Blood Elf I'd outright refuse.
    Too bad. I'm a big proponent of flavor. If you're going to water down DHs to shoehorn them into the game, Blizzard shouldn't bother bringing them in at all.

There is absolutely no reason that Orcs and Humans could not be DH's. In fact, I distinctly remember reading on WoWpedia there is no racial stigma's, you simply need to find a master willing to teach you. Add the fact there are Human DH's in the game somewhere, I i'm pretty sure there is at least one Orc DH in the lore - I would revise your racial limitations to add both Humans and Orcs.

Aside from that, everything else looks rather solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Punchbag View Post
    There is absolutely no reason that Orcs and Humans could not be DH's. In fact, I distinctly remember reading on WoWpedia there is no racial stigma's, you simply need to find a master willing to teach you. Add the fact there are Human DH's in the game somewhere, I i'm pretty sure there is at least one Orc DH in the lore - I would revise your racial limitations to add both Humans and Orcs.

Aside from that, everything else looks rather solid.
    By your logic every rae could be any class. Some class's flavour should be preserved.

Can't say I'm keen about a new class added to WoW... I couldn't see how the Demon-Hunter class would even work with Demo Warlocks running around already..
    But your idea surprised me, it is well thought out, well designed, sounds and looks very interesting, and from a lore stand-point makes perfect sense..
    Only thing problematic with your suggestion is the Race choices... I'm pretty sure Demon-Hunters aren't restricted to the Elven races... and can actually be available to a wider variety (possibly most races).
    The races that would seem weird as a Demon-Hunter to me would be: Tauren / Trolls / Draenei and to some extent Pandas / Gnomes aswell, but they're possible.

Bravo!
    Last edited by Falu; 2013-08-01 at 12:36 PM.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I'm still a big fan of this concept. I'd love to see it implemented! Demon Hunter is one of my other top classes I think would work great in-game, and they should efinitely be a Hero Class.

I would resub for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Check again. Typos happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    Not in my world they don'r.

If something like that went live then the Warlock population would be devastated. I for one would never touch my Warlock ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    If something like that went live then the Warlock population would be devastated. I for one would never touch my Warlock ever again.
    That's what people said about their warrior and pally as regards death knights.

Demon Hunter. WTB!