Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I really wanted to see Dark Ranger and not Demon Hunter... but seeing a fuckton of topics made for DH, we will most likely see this instead... which makes me a sad panda.

15+ Year Old Account
    Given some of the unconfirmed leaks, it seems far more likely that there are going to be fourth specs, and demon hunter is going to be the fourth spec of another class.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted

nice

wow very good ideas thank you for your effort

Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    Given some of the unconfirmed leaks, it seems far more likely that there are going to be fourth specs, and demon hunter is going to be the fourth spec of another class.
    What leaks?

Deleted
    As we know in order to become a demon hunter one had to make some sacrifices. Say bye bye to his eyes, be rather not really liked by both factions etc.
    So, making him a class that in order to play it one has to make a sacrifice would be cool.
    Now, what I mean.

Since demonology warlock is something most similar to DH all sacrifices are restricted to warlock players.
    Reaching level cap a warlock in next expansion would grant the player a possibility to do a quest chain involving DH training. After finishing the quest all character is recreated. Your specs are permanently removed and you receive 3 new ones. You are no longer a warlock, you are a demon hunter.
    You permanently transform into a different class.

From the quest chain you get basic RDF norm gear, you start wearing leather/mail, you now permanently have some weird piece of cloth wrapped around your eyes. New specs would be something like Fel(felfire magic)/Demonology(metamorph)/Combat(melee combat only, mostly physical damage).

So all the sacrifice is that you lose your warlock, you do not know what awaits you. You are no longer a ranged caster class - you become melee class.
    And the question is "Do I like my warlock enough to endure the temptation of changing him into a demon hunter?".
    This would hopefully solve the problem of too many players rolling the same class. If blizzard suddenly introduced DH as a completely new hero class... the day after expansion's release we would have shittons of demon hunters running around the world and later afking in orgrimmar/stormwind/dalaran.

Hope you guys like my idea.

I just want to say well done. I really enjoyed reading your ideas for a new class.

Deleted
    Well done! A good read, as always. Many of the ideas I would love to be implemented into WoW.

I really DO LIKE deconstruction and shadow chain....

Quote Originally Posted by Potassiumgluconate View Post
    Best example: Death Knights are nothing at all like any death knight in any of WoW's history. Originally death knights were orcs. Not even undead-raising rune-slingers. Later Deathknights were necromancers on horses. When blizzard was contemplating what class to add in Wrath, they were debating between Runemaster and Necromancer. Eventually they merged their class ideas together, and invented an army of mini-Arthases who used Runes, raised the dead, and slayed like a paladin.
    wc death knight were fallen knights with orc warlocks souls in them. sorce http://www.wowwiki.com/Death_knight_(Warcraft_II)

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Your resource and armor idea (Deconstruction) has all my love. Specs are decent but do we need more resource eating mana-burning stuff that could potentially render rets and enhance shammies useless?

Quote Originally Posted by FmDarkslayer View Post
    wc death knight were fallen knights with orc warlocks souls in them. sorce http://www.wowwiki.com/Death_knight_(Warcraft_II)
    The 3 different types of Death Knights Warcraft has had are different because of who created them in the first place.

The First Generation DKs were Orc Warlocks whose souls were put into the bodies of fallen Alliance Paladins by Gul'dan.

The Second Generation were fallen Paladins resurrected by Ner'zhul, and raised into his service.

The Third Generation, and the one that is playable, are those that were raised by Arthas and based of himself. That's why they're all different.

Also, I'd refrain from using Wowwiki as a source. It's not kept up-to-date any longer and is generally not used by the lore/RP community as such. Wowpedia is a much better source (so much so that it's recommended by Blizz themselves).

iffy for me and the spec names are lame.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    fake leaks.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    The 3 different types of Death Knights Warcraft has had are different because of who created them in the first place.

The First Generation DKs were Orc Warlocks whose souls were put into the bodies of fallen Alliance Paladins by Gul'dan.

The Second Generation were fallen Paladins resurrected by Ner'zhul, and raised into his service.

The Third Generation, and the one that is playable, are those that were raised by Arthas and based of himself. That's why they're all different.

Also, I'd refrain from using Wowwiki as a source. It's not kept up-to-date any longer and is generally not used by the lore/RP community as such. Wowpedia is a much better source (so much so that it's recommended by Blizz themselves).
    it was alliance knights http://www.wowwiki.com/Knights_of_Azeroth "These soldiers of darkness were created by Gul’dan to replace the slaughtered Warlock clans. Assembled from the corpses of the Knights of Azeroth slain in the last battles of the First War, " not paladins, in wc knights and paladins are different...

You have excellent ideas. Instead of trying to convince Blizz to adopt your concepts, try to convince Blizz to hire you and work from the inside.

Alot of these abilities seem like they would be more at home in an action game than a hotkey MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by FmDarkslayer View Post
    it was alliance knights http://www.wowwiki.com/Knights_of_Azeroth "These soldiers of darkness were created by Gul’dan to replace the slaughtered Warlock clans. Assembled from the corpses of the Knights of Azeroth slain in the last battles of the First War, " not paladins, in wc knights and paladins are different...
    There were warriors and paladins. After Arthas disbanded the Knights of the Silver hand, Paladins traveled around the plagued lands, healing where they could. Because they were immune to the plague, they were persecuted. Groups of them traveled north to find the source of said plague, and when they reached Ner'zhul's base, they accepted power in exchange for their free will.

http://wowpedia.org/Death_knight_(Warcraft_III)

In Warcaft, knights refer to either Paladins (Knights of the Silver Hand, as a collective example), or Warriors.

Like I said, 1st gen were orcs whose souls were put into Paladins' bodies (created by Gul'dan), 2nd gen were fallen warriors and paladins (created by Ner'zhul), and 3rd gen are those who are playable in WoW (created by Arthas). You're technically right, as am I, since you're talking about the 1st generation and I've labeled examples of all 3.

Good job on the post! It's very detailed, I like the concept *thumbs up*

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Too similar to other classes. If another class is introduced it'll be unique from other classes (like monks and DK's).

OP you put a lot of work into this but I feel like you are looking too much at Illidan. Illidan is not a regular demon hunter since he absorbed demonic power. Most demon hunters dont have wings and horns with demonic energies.

They have some demonic connections in their weapons and their sight, but not to the extent you are proposing.

10+ Year Old Account
    /supportthis
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch