1. #1

    Ele dps help meh!

    Hey I wanted to get any top shelf Ele Shams input on my toon, and my logs on wow-heroes. My il is 494 but my dps is way lower than other dps classes. Yes I know gear doesnt mean anything unless you have the skill to maximize your deeps. If you can rip me apart I just want to improve to better help my raid team.

    For some reason I cant post links in the forums yet. But Im on US Stormrage and my toons name is Asuria.

  2. #2
    armory : http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...suria/advanced
    wols : http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/2063/

    armory seem fine, wols seem "okay" (you don't seem to make any huge mistake). You could slightly improve your fire elemental uptime but you're mostly "doing it right". For Meljarak reason why you are so low is you should save ascendance for burst phases on the boss (and idealy take primal elementalist talent and glyph it and use it during burst phase too). The fact that you use ascendance on adds on meljarak is what make you look so bad. Other fight you seem "slightly lower than middle of the pack" which is where elemental stand in a group of similarly geared and skilled player...
    Last edited by Bethan; 2013-02-26 at 02:07 AM.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Bethan View Post
    armory : http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...suria/advanced
    wols : http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/2063/

    armory seem fine, wols seem "okay" (you don't seem to make any huge mistake). You could slightly improve your fire elemental uptime but you're mostly "doing it right". For Meljarak reason why you are so low is you should save ascendance for burst phases on the boss (and idealy take primal elementalist talent and glyph it and use it during burst phase too). The fact that you use ascendance on adds on meljarak is what make you look so bad. Other fight you seem "slightly lower than middle of the pack" which is where elemental stand in a group of similarly geared and skilled player...
    This pretty much... keep your fire totem up (fire ele on CD), but it isn't as vital as it used to be. Other than that, FS up, whack-a-mole lava burst/ele blast/7 stack fulm while spamming a filler

  4. #4
    Here are some pointers:

    Some of your gemming is whack. For example, your belt. If you are not going for the socket bonus why are you gemming a yellow? It should be all brilliant reds. Or your weapon, why are you going for a crit bonus with a blue gem? You should just gem red.

    Idk if you are always glyphing Fire Ele totem but most of the time you should be glyphing Unleashed Lightning instead.

    Your flame shock uptime is pretty low. 90% is not horrible but it should be 97-99 range.

    You need to use Elemental Blast on CD. I see many logs where Elemental Blast usage is not optimal.

    Make sure you use Stormlash totem on CD. Don't overlap with other shamans

    You should probably set up some sort of cooldown tracking addon to help you track when Lava Burst/Ascendance/Ele Blast/Flameshock/Searing totem is coming off cooldown. I'd recommend using Endus' Weak Auras.


    Besides that, small things like casting Elemental Blast before Ascendance to have the 8second stat buff or swapping CL glyph depending on the fight, will increase your dps. If you have any other questions feel free to shoot me a PM.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Astro/advanced That's me.

  5. #5
    Thanks alot for all the feedback. I took care of the gem issue this morning. I know alot of fights will dictate what talents and glyphs you use. I mainly keep CL for HM Windlord.
    For HM Dogs do you cleave or single tgt?

  6. #6
    These are all good pointers, however i'd also like to add what i think is important:

    1: Make sure you have a good Lightning shield tracker for your stacks, especially with 4-set, you don't want to miss too many of those.
    2: Totemtrackers for max uptime.
    3: Just play, i know this may sound stupid, but practice makes perfect, atm. most classes are easy to play but hard to master, if you wanna do good you have to play, i'm not talking 10 hours every day, i'm judging from you progress that you and your guild is rather casual, i mean no offense, but if you want to improve you have to play, it doesn't have to be serious, just go do your rotation on a dummy, if you do that regularly you're gonna learn really fast how to automaticly keep up you totems as an example, learn when to ES with 5 stacks, when to refresh FS, stuff like that, it'll just become automatic. i'm just talking from personal expirience now, i started mop out really badly, but whenever i found myself idling in org or w/e, i just went to hit a dummy, don't bother with Cd's, they're pretty basic, just do your rotation, use EB on CD, as someone mentioned that's a big issue for some people, learn when to ES/FS, stuff like that, atleast that helped me alot.

    However, don't expect to top meters, or anything. (go elemental! -.-)
    Last edited by Rowl; 2013-02-27 at 02:03 AM.

  7. #7
    I do spend a good bit of time on the dummies, however with raid mechanics and having to move around sometimes just throws me the hell off. Im currently a trial in my current guild also Im a Marine and I just got back from a 22 day field excersise. So I ended up missing alot of progression.
    When it comes to FS/ES I always find myself at 7 on the shield with my FS about to drop So I end up having to wait for it shock to come off cd. It gets quite irritating.
    Last edited by Asuria; 2013-02-27 at 04:16 AM. Reason: add more text

  8. #8
    If you have any Valor left, upgrade trinkets before you upgrade other slots (as mainhand is updated already). Dunno why you upgraded chest/hands instead of trinkets. You can even blow your Valor that way before the patch - new Valor gear is rep gated and upgrading is going away for 5.2 (perhaps for longer).

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyos View Post
    If you have any Valor left, upgrade trinkets before you upgrade other slots (as mainhand is updated already). Dunno why you upgraded chest/hands instead of trinkets. You can even blow your Valor that way before the patch - new Valor gear is rep gated and upgrading is going away for 5.2 (perhaps for longer).
    Unless my information is out of date, this seems like questionable advice. The first piece of 522 valor gear is available at neutral. GC has tweeted 1 boss kill (lfr or normal) will get you to friendly - which opens up 3 more slots of rep gear. Dumping all your valor upgrading at this stage might be something one would regret.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinsoul View Post
    Unless my information is out of date, this seems like questionable advice. The first piece of 522 valor gear is available at neutral. GC has tweeted 1 boss kill (lfr or normal) will get you to friendly - which opens up 3 more slots of rep gear. Dumping all your valor upgrading at this stage might be something one would regret.
    This.

    If you are going to cap on Valor before 5.2 is released, use it to upgrade. If you are not going to cap by the release then I suggest waiting. Using 1500 valor to get an item to 504 when you could be using it to purchase a 522 item would lead to regrets.

    Upgrading will be back in 5.3.

  11. #11
    GC has tweeted 1 boss kill (lfr or normal) will get you to friendly
    right now in lfr boss kill gives 300 rep (and it's supposed to be the same amount lfr/normal/hc). However trash does give 30rep till friendly, so if you farm trash a bit you can get to friendly without even killing bosses.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •