It would be great if Blizz made Arch as learned to 450 on all new chars.

I mean, If you have bothered to level it once (to 600) in the first place.

I've switched mains and some of the new (MOP) achievements require I have to go dig in Pandaria.

It's great that I had to level this from zero to hero once, I have tried doing it again, even with the buffs it is incredibly time consuming/boring.

Or even like they have implemented the '100% rep buff' commendations, something similar -account wide- would be wonderful for Arch.

Do I stand in a field alone (with a shovel) on this?

15+ Year Old Account
    Agreed. Now with the advent of account wide mounts and pets, re-leveling it on other characters is even dumber.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why stop at just Arch? Why not do it for all professions? Once you have leveled 2 main professions to 600, why not make it to where all new characters automatically start out at 450 once they choose whatever professions they desire? See where this is going? It isn't something that will ever see the light of day since professions are, and have always been, on a per character basis.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    ....It isn't something that will ever see the light of day since professions are, and have always been, on a per character basis.
    So were mounts, and titles up until about a year ago.

I wouldn't mind secondary professions being treated this way though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Aside from the actual archaeology achievements, which ones require you to dig around in Pandaria?
    The only thing I know of is one of the extra Cloud Serpent dailies

And they already buffed Archaeology quite a bit; having 6 digs per digsite, more fragments per dig and 1 Archaeology level per dig. (which is no longer stops at 100)
    In my opinion, it's fine as it is, and doesn't take as much effort as it used to.
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Why stop at just Arch? Why not do it for all professions? Once you have leveled 2 main professions to 600, why not make it to where all new characters automatically start out at 450 once they choose whatever professions they desire? See where this is going? It isn't something that will ever see the light of day since professions are, and have always been, on a per character basis.
    Pretty much all other professions can be levelled via Gold.

Arch serves no purpose, it doesn't bring any new mats to the market to help others (i.e. such as fishing)

It's a time sink, plain and simple. Each dig also gives experience nearly equivalent to killing a monster at your level, regardless of the level of your skill. Beyond that, what is the point in leveling it on multiple characters (outside of a personal desire for one of the rare artifacts)?
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's like swatting flies with a shotgun.