Searing Flames: Gives you 150% of Ember Tap's base heal for 1/2 of the ember cost, but you need twice as many GCDs to benefit from this.
Would the talent be better if it simply said:
"Your Ember Tap heals for 300% of its original value"
(Alternative phrasing: "Ember Tap heals for an additional 200%")
This would not change total healing done per ember, but would take one less GCD. The "drawback" from the current design is that it requires a whole ember.
- Do you think this is more attractive functionally?
- Do you think this phrasing makes it easier to understand the full benefit of the talent?
- Is the granularity of using half-embers to heal worthwhile, or do most people want to use this spell when they need a sizeable burst of on-demand healing [at a high cost]?
- - - Updated - - -
As a follow-up, remember that the value of a free GCD is actually quite high. It's the damage done/prevented with the next spell, plus the resources generated/saved.
Example A: Next cast is Conflagrate. You get:
Example B: Next cast is Fear. You get:
- 1-2 embers -- this is already 20-40% of the benefit that Searing Flames' refund currently provides (5 embers returned out of the 10 used to cast Ember Tap)
- Snare on target
- Interruption of your target's damage/healing for the duration of the CC
- The ability to chain a second CC behind the Fear
- The opportunity to freecast at the target (potentially)
In either example, you may also spare your team/mates from having to use a valuable cooldown, because you were able to do a reasonably sized heal to quickly get yourself out of trouble.