1. #1

    Warock green fire question.

    I am at the end of green fire questline, but I have a question and not sure if even someoen have a answer for it, but there it is. When I reach the green fire is the next fire spells (in WoD) also green or not???
    Add Alpha Female And Male Worgen Models Features as Options!!!

  2. #2
    There are no new spells in WoD, as far as I am aware.

  3. #3
    Pretty sure the level 100 talent Cataclysm is a Fire spell and, as such, will most likely be recolored.

    EDIT: I'm not sure if it's a level 100 talent, but it's a talent and there are probably more. Regardless, green fire is unlikely to be a temporary thing, meaning potential new fire spells will be green as well.
    I'm not a native English speaker, and yet, I don't suck at English. The argument "English is not my mother tongue" doesn't actually give you an excuse to do so.

  4. #4
    Herald of the Titans Wishblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Here, There and Everywhere
    Posts
    2,549
    I find it unlikely that any potential future fire spells would not be affected by the green fire. So Cataclysm, as the Captain states, will probably be green too.
    "Reminds me of a dog, you stare at it while it's playing outside... Running around in a circle, then stopping up, wagging with a wide "grin". Jumping around until you call for the dog, then it lowers its tail because it think it's done something bad... And then you throw the ball, seeing the tail go straight into the air in bliss! ^^" - Gehco
    Wishblade of Draenor EU

  5. #5
    Haha, I forgot Cataclysm was even going to be a thing. I'm focused on that Charred Remains talent. AOE Chaos Bolt woo.

  6. #6
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dubbo, NSW
    Posts
    330
    I'm not bothering with this quest. Apart from the difficulty, it isn't worth it just for a visual change. I decided to stick with an uncorrupted/"Phoenix from Xmen" style look for my Warlock

  7. #7
    No way to know for sure, but it definitely seems likely that those spells will be green as well.

    I just started doing this quest (someone was selling the item that starts it for about 40% normal price in AH), and got to the final boss. I just came back to wow and never played Warlock before (Timeless Isle gear), so it is a little hard. So far, I am doing quite well but stuggle to get the fel hunters down in time. But I only tried 5 times maybe and feel like a got a pretty good grasp of the fight.

    Honestly one of the more fun things I have done in WoW. I do not mind the challenge. In fact I think the challenge is part of what makes it worth doing. Even if it would take me 30 more tries I wont mind. Just more satisfying and rewarding when I finally get it.

  8. #8
    High Overlord Wesneed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim Fandango View Post
    I just started doing this quest (someone was selling the item that starts it for about 40% normal price in AH), and got to the final boss. I just came back to wow and never played Warlock before (Timeless Isle gear), so it is a little hard. So far, I am doing quite well but stuggle to get the fel hunters down in time. But I only tried 5 times maybe and feel like a got a pretty good grasp of the fight.
    Just put your pitlord on passive, move him to the other side.
    Then rain of fire the gate and walk in the opposite direction!

    I did it on the 2nd try on my 2nd lock last night!
    Last edited by Wesneed; 2014-04-14 at 10:25 PM.

  9. #9
    Banned Bigbamboozal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Canada, that other, other free place (you know, the one that's more free then you pretend to be)
    Posts
    1,836
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesneed View Post
    Just put your pitlord on passive, move him to the other side.
    Then rain of fire the gate and walk in the opposite direction!

    I did it on the 2nd try on my 2nd lock last night ^^!
    Bwaaaaahahaha, assumption ftl, we didn't read at all did we? Happens to the best of us

    OT: yah cataclys will get coloured you can bet your nerfed out gateway.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesneed View Post
    Just put your pitlord on passive, move him to the other side.
    Then rain of fire the gate and walk in the opposite direction!

    I did it on the 2nd try on my 2nd lock last night ^^!


    This is so great. LOL

  11. #11
    High Overlord Wesneed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Bwaaaaahahaha, assumption ftl, we didn't read at all did we? Happens to the best of us

    OT: yah cataclys will get coloured you can bet your nerfed out gateway.
    I didn't notice the part of him not being able to dps hard enough, my bad .
    Ah well, i'll let it stay so any others having trouble with it like i did the first time know the extreme, unbelievably hard trick to doing it /sarcasmoff
    Last edited by Wesneed; 2014-04-14 at 10:25 PM.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesneed View Post
    I didn't notice the part of him not being able to dps hard enough, my bad .
    Ah well, i'll let it stay so any others having trouble with it like i did the first time know the extreme, unbelievably hard trick to doing it /sarcasmoff
    Still appreciate the help. Will give it a few more tries today. I just followed some strategy that I read and was actually able to keep the felhunters from cancelling the enslave. The problem I ran into was that I was still trying to kill the fel hunters when the boss already started to cast the next chaos bolt, and teleporting with the fel hunters still alive just made everything a big mess. Gonna try whether glyph of havoc might help me out in that regard. I think that if I find a method of getting them down fast enough, I will have a good shot at killing him. I do not feel like waiting for a higher ilevel, though that might also solve this particular problem.

  13. #13
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim Fandango View Post
    Still appreciate the help. Will give it a few more tries today. I just followed some strategy that I read and was actually able to keep the felhunters from cancelling the enslave. The problem I ran into was that I was still trying to kill the fel hunters when the boss already started to cast the next chaos bolt, and teleporting with the fel hunters still alive just made everything a big mess. Gonna try whether glyph of havoc might help me out in that regard. I think that if I find a method of getting them down fast enough, I will have a good shot at killing him. I do not feel like waiting for a higher ilevel, though that might also solve this particular problem.
    I would just save embers for them. DPS on the boss is really not a problem (particularly in timeless gear and beyond), so just skip burn phases on him. Cast an occasional chaos bolt to avoid capping, but save your burns for the fel hunters. Havoc one, chaos the other, then conflag x2 and incinerate as much as necessary for the last. With any decent amount of gear (500+ average) you should be killing the first two felhunters with the single chaos bolt, and the last one will go down in 5s or so.

    By saving your embers you also give yourself some room for error on taking damage. Ember tap is very very powerful. The fight is made much easier if you sac imp, use the dispel on cooldown, and macro the pit lord to cast his fel flame breath on you. By doing that, you can dispel yourself completely and use his breath on the imps by standing between him and the gate. Between that and fire and brimstone, they should be cake. Macro the charge as well, but be careful not to hit it accidentally. You can't be lazy and use it on a chaos bolt either, because if you're unlucky, he'll turn around and cataclysm you, and there goes another attempt.

  14. #14
    Am I the only one who does soloing content or the gren Fyre as Affliction? OT Yes hopefully they make Cataclysm have green Fyre as well.
    Capitalism, Ho!

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordcrimmeh View Post
    I would just save embers for them. DPS on the boss is really not a problem (particularly in timeless gear and beyond), so just skip burn phases on him. Cast an occasional chaos bolt to avoid capping, but save your burns for the fel hunters. Havoc one, chaos the other, then conflag x2 and incinerate as much as necessary for the last. With any decent amount of gear (500+ average) you should be killing the first two felhunters with the single chaos bolt, and the last one will go down in 5s or so.

    By saving your embers you also give yourself some room for error on taking damage. Ember tap is very very powerful. The fight is made much easier if you sac imp, use the dispel on cooldown, and macro the pit lord to cast his fel flame breath on you. By doing that, you can dispel yourself completely and use his breath on the imps by standing between him and the gate. Between that and fire and brimstone, they should be cake. Macro the charge as well, but be careful not to hit it accidentally. You can't be lazy and use it on a chaos bolt either, because if you're unlucky, he'll turn around and cataclysm you, and there goes another attempt.
    Thanks for the info!

    With my current gear (it is not full timeless isle, still some greens even ) I do not kill the fel hunters with just one chaos bolt. If I would kill the first two immediately and could move on to the third right away, this phase would be way, way easier. Will check if maybe food might help me out here.

    I do not always die from the fel hunters, but I make it like 1 out of 4 times currently, which is not enough, especially if there is a second fel hunter phase. Will keep at it XD. It is not really all that frustrating because I know exactly what I die from and what I should do about it. But I think if your gear is above ilvl 500 this encounter is easier just because of the fel hunter phase (imp phase would be easier too, though it is quite manageable at <500 too). Other than that, there are a lot of the same challenges as you will still have to stick with the strategy. I don't think anyone can face roll this.

  16. #16
    High Overlord Wesneed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim Fandango View Post
    Thanks for the info!

    With my current gear (it is not full timeless isle, still some greens even ) I do not kill the fel hunters with just one chaos bolt. If I would kill the first two immediately and could move on to the third right away, this phase would be way, way easier. Will check if maybe food might help me out here.

    I do not always die from the fel hunters, but I make it like 1 out of 4 times currently, which is not enough, especially if there is a second fel hunter phase. Will keep at it XD. It is not really all that frustrating because I know exactly what I die from and what I should do about it. But I think if your gear is above ilvl 500 this encounter is easier just because of the fel hunter phase (imp phase would be easier too, though it is quite manageable at <500 too). Other than that, there are a lot of the same challenges as you will still have to stick with the strategy. I don't think anyone can face roll this.
    As you already said Glyph of havoc can be great for the felhunter phase, if your taking too much damage just spam the pitlords siphon instead of ember tapping.
    If it still won't work after all those tries try getting your hand on a SoO LFR weapon. I betcha you will make it on the first next try .

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by ShasVa View Post
    I'm not bothering with this quest. Apart from the difficulty, it isn't worth it just for a visual change. I decided to stick with an uncorrupted/"Phoenix from Xmen" style look for my Warlock
    Quest reward may be debatable (as for me I like ma fel fire!), but IMO the quest itself is worth, story and gameplay wise. Kanrethad is an awesome designed boss fight (not really hard but still well thought).

    I wish all scenarios got this kind of depth.

    Also, you can switch back anytime to your "uncorrupted phoenix from X-Men". Isn't this too Mage-ish btw?

  18. #18
    I guess the Demonic servitude talent will make it so you can permanently see your green abyssal if you so choose.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •