Thread: Race-Change

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Race-Change

Hello,

So a while ago I faction changed to the Horde and let me say I enjoy myself a lot being Horde.
    My main character, Warlock, is an Orc Warlock now and I really think it looks badass and I like their castig animations.
    But recently I started thinking of actually race changing my Warlock to Goblin. I have been a Gnome Warlock for around 6-7 years and everytime I go on my mount I just realize how tall my Orc is. How weird it may sound, but I miss being small I guess. I know a lot of people hate Gnomes but I personally love them.
    So please don't change this thread in a Gnome-bashing-thread because that's not what I am looking for.

Has anyone else here ever played Gnome as their main character and race- or faction-changed and missed being a small guy?
    Also, what do you think?

I mean, when I faction-changed my Warlock I went Blood-Elf which I instantly regretted, so I waited 3 days to race change and I went Orc. I am getting kinda sick of having to pay so much money to actually be satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by Malarky View Post
    I am getting kinda sick of having to pay so much money to actually be satisfied.
    why did you not create an alt first? test it out a little bit before you commit real money. sounds like you have nobody to blame but yourself for the money lost.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

The Stupid Island of incredibly moronic laws.
    Wait for 6.0, then decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    why did you not create an alt first? test it out a little bit before you commit real money. sounds like you have nobody to blame but yourself for the money lost.
    Because I don't have the transmog gear on an alt that I do have on my main.
    I am not trying to blame anyone for my spent money, it's just that I don't want to spend yet another €20,- and then maybe spending €20,- again 2 weeks after. ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Malarky View Post
    Hello,

So a while ago I faction changed to the Horde and let me say I enjoy myself a lot being Horde.
    My main character, Warlock, is an Orc Warlock now and I really think it looks badass and I like their castig animations.
    But recently I started thinking of actually race changing my Warlock to Goblin. I have been a Gnome Warlock for around 6-7 years and everytime I go on my mount I just realize how tall my Orc is. How weird it may sound, but I miss being small I guess. I know a lot of people hate Gnomes but I personally love them.
    So please don't change this thread in a Gnome-bashing-thread because that's not what I am looking for.

Has anyone else here ever played Gnome as their main character and race- or faction-changed and missed being a small guy?
    Also, what do you think?

I mean, when I faction-changed my Warlock I went Blood-Elf which I instantly regretted, so I waited 3 days to race change and I went Orc. I am getting kinda sick of having to pay so much money to actually be satisfied.
    If you don't care about cutting-edge racials then whatever. Goblin however is very cool looking and their animations are spot on, but they will not receive a new model.

I'm dying inside thinking about what race I will be in WOD.

I just want cutting-edge DPS + Utility, Troll looks like the better dps-wise mainly on burst to fit everything in procs. Goblin it's good and have boost mobility what's great in heavy movement fight and Belf it's my favorite race, it's kinda 1% dps "behind" other but have silence+mana what can be good in some fights. Orc I thought would be better for Demo but simulations are heavily against it.

So I really dunno what to do, looking for the first tier my first major decision it's that race thing.
    Chequer@Azralon - 14/14H - Ilvl 587 - Sexyness 9000+
    Pro-Raiders
    Warcraft Logs

Quote Originally Posted by JV Chequer View Post
    I'm dying inside thinking about what race I will be in WOD.

I just want cutting-edge DPS + Utility, Troll looks like the better dps-wise mainly on burst to fit everything in procs. Goblin it's good and have boost mobility what's great in heavy movement fight and Belf it's my favorite race, it's kinda 1% dps "behind" other but have silence+mana what can be good in some fights. Orc I thought would be better for Demo but simulations are heavily against it.

So I really dunno what to do, looking for the first tier my first major decision it's that race thing.
    I don't think Troll can be valued on simcraft for the Demonbolt debuff reduction time, I still see Troll being top.

Quote Originally Posted by Santoisms View Post
    I don't think Troll can be valued on simcraft for the Demonbolt debuff reduction time, I still see Troll being top.
    Plus maybe for Imp Swarm bursting on beggining + trying to fit 3 DB on opening Troll opens even more ahead.
    But probably that's only achievable on high-gear + haste trinket.
    Pro-Raiders
    Warcraft Logs

always been a gnome though the bad, and now the best.

Tbh even thou gnomes is the best warlock race, isnt by leaps and bounds like the damm trolls and orcs were before so its all up to asthetics as it should had been in the first place.
    Warlock / IA Operative / Wizard / Engineer

I simmed (pinch of salt required) all the races in Mythic gear. The top (Belf) and bottom (undead) were 0.99% apart. That's fucking nothing. Nothing.

If my guild agreed to go Alliance I'd be a Gnome again in a heartbeat and rename myself back to Tiddlywinks.

In 6.0 I'm torn between going back to Goblin (where I took on the name Shizwix) for the Rocket Jump utility, or Blood Elf male so I can look down my nose at everyone and pretend I'm Kael'Thas.

Troll is the best because of CD stacking and it scaling mad good later on.

I race changed from troll to undead today. Fuck the racials tbh I wanna look stanky.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    I don't think simc can calculate the value Berserking is with the Demonbolt debuff reduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Santoisms View Post
    I don't think simc can calculate the value Berserking is with the Demonbolt debuff reduction.
    Indeed, mainly when we can achiev a Fury Dump phase after next Dark Soul (around 30% Haste - 28sec Debuff)
    Pro-Raiders
    Warcraft Logs

Plus maybe for Imp Swarm bursting on beggining + trying to fit 3 DB on opening Troll opens even more ahead.
    But probably that's only achievable on high-gear + haste trinket.
    This is what I am assuming will happen, which again I don't think simc can calculate the value of Berserking.

Indeed, mainly when we can achiev a Fury Dump phase after next Dark Soul (around 30% Haste - 28sec Debuff)
    Yeah for sure, the 3rd Fury cycle though when you have a Doom expiring and no CDs and no Demonbolt debuff with like 500 fury is so annoying though... oh and Life Tapping like 200 times.

PvE racials are redundant now, I don't see the need for discussion about it. Yes the numbers are different but unless you're a world class raider it simply doesn't matter beyond wanting to be the most optimal race. My warlock is an Orc but I might go Undead again, I like both races tremendously more than trolls so the <1% damage loss isn't going to bother me and I'll surely been min/maxing anyways.
    "Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in!"

Quote Originally Posted by Taneo View Post
    PvE racials are redundant now, I don't see the need for discussion about it. Yes the numbers are different but unless you're a world class raider it simply doesn't matter beyond wanting to be the most optimal race. My warlock is an Orc but I might go Undead again, I like both races tremendously more than trolls so the <1% damage loss isn't going to bother me and I'll surely been min/maxing anyways.
    I Soulstoned me and my desires and gave to DPS God.
    Pro-Raiders
    Warcraft Logs

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Right now yes, mainly because of DoT extension and snapshotting. Going down in value severely with 6.0.

Armory | EXODUS | Signature by Mythriz

Quote Originally Posted by Taneo View Post
    This.

The difference is VERY small in WoD, it's almost NOTHING now. Just pick what you like.

Level 90 Demonology Horde

1. Goblin - 17,716
    2. Orc - 17,694
    3. Troll - 17,674
    4. Undead - 17,666
    5. Blood Elf - 17,579

Level 90 Demonology Alliance

1. Human - 17,793
    2. Dwarf - 17,775
    3. Worgen - 17,741
    4. Gnome - 17,734

In all honesty (not meant to be an insult), if you're worried about racials and are willing to spend money for 0.001% dps increase, chances are you're not really that good a player to begin with.

http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topi...onology-guide/
    Last edited by woodydave44; 2014-10-13 at 02:21 AM.