[Movies] Uncharted the movie?

I know they have been toying with the idea of making this into a feature film for some time, but having just finished the 3 games, I have to admit that I would really enjoy it if done right.

I know that Mark Walberg was up for the role but has recently bowed out. Also Nathan Fillon has expressed interest in it although I think he is to old/out of shape for the physical demands this role would have.

Who would be your picks for the cast.

Nathan Drake - Jensen Ackles from Supernatural

Sully/Victor Sullivan - Bruce Campbell if you don't know who he is all I can say is Sorry.

Elena Fisher - Briana Evigan , I just put a link below cause all though she has done a decent amount nothing that would jump out at ya. Although she is a little young for the role <shrug>

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0263759/?ref_=tt_cl_t2

Chloe Frazer - Jaime Murray from Dexter, Warehouse 13 etc link below

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1444665/?ref_=tt_cl_t2

and the bad guy for the movie if they don't follow the games should be one of these guys IMO:

Christopher Waltz from Inglorious Bastards and Django Unchained

Sean Bean from Game of Thrones and such.

and directed by Steven Spielberg (as long as he can channel the Last Crusade and Raiders)

Why the fuck not? The games are basically movies. Maybe Uncharted in movie form will actually hold my attention, too.

I tell ya I absolutely loved the games.

Played all 3 in a row over the span of a couple weeks. I think a movie would be fantastic if done right.

Your casting suggestions made me facepalm, it's as if you tried to pick actors who don't resemble the game characters at all.
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Your casting suggestions made me facepalm, it's as if you tried to pick actors who don't resemble the game characters at all.
    Then who would you pick. I chose for acting ability general appearance, and the ability to deliver the lines and sound for lack of a better term right.

Personally I think all my choices resemble the characters enough.

I don't understand the hype around these games, I admittedly only played the second game, but the gameplay was uninspired to same the least and the story was by no means special. Don't see a reason to give it a film tbh. But I suppose that would take away the weakest part of the franchise ie the gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    I don't understand the hype around these games, I admittedly only played the second game, but the gameplay was uninspired to same the least and the story was by no means special. Don't see a reason to give it a film tbh. But I suppose that would take away the weakest part of the franchise ie the gameplay.
    I guess that is the difference, many people don't play a video game for the game play but for the storyline. I personally fall into that category. A game that has excellent game play wouldn't make a good movie

Uncharted has been the best action/adventure story I have seen/played in a looooong time, and I see LOTS of movies.