Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #61
    Warchief theWocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    2,148
    Isn't this what Second Life is like? A sims in an mmo environment? Never played.
    ★ twitter @WockyCC ★ blog wockycc.tumblr.comyou-tube: Wocky GAMING
    Recent Video ★ Enter the Wocky: an introduction
    Partner/Member of the CURSE "Union for Gamers" YouTube Gaming Network | ★ Wocky's Computer Specs: HERE
    #WOCKSTER Gaming CommunitySteam Games List"


  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Baxtab View Post
    hi theWocky,

    i dont mean to derail the post in any way but digital copies would like a word with you.
    Just burn the client on a set of DVDs. Not that hard. Or use an old hdd you don't need anymore.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Yes, look at the number of people who raid and compare it to what 9.6 million? Not roping anyone; you are the types who think the only content that matters is raid content. Sorry it's not, it's only experienced by a smaller percentage of the playerbase even now. Go check blue posts, I don't care to waste my time providing you sources for what is common knowledge.
    Fixed that for you, its not 9.8 mil, its 9.6 now. They just lost 500k subs recently.
    Lewor responds to Barkloud regarding travel time, and we get this glorious quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    And where did these magical percentages come from? I didn't realise someone's ass also doubled as a calculator.
    World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
    See you in WoD!

  4. #64
    Legendary! The Glitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Litwak's Arcade Sunny Scotland!
    Posts
    6,243
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I think you and I are saying the same thing here. Of course you do dailies because you want something, but at the same time, you DONT really want to do them. Deep down, you are thinking "this sucks that I am forced to do these stupid dailies to get the rep to get the <insert xyz item here> that i have always wanted."

    Same goes for LFR and ppl being mad at not getting loot from the encounters.

    Same goes for whining people about dungeon grinding.

    I mean heck, if we were to put the tabard system back into the game to grind rep, people would complain and complain and complain. What makes you think that adding immersive ideas like Baxtab's would be a bad thing for the game? It would take peoples mind off the grind that is World of Grindcraft.
    Um no. I don't think that at all. I find alot of the dailies to be quite fun, I love the little storylines and the progressive path some of the faction hubs give, opening up new dailies at intervals, I don't find them mandatory at all. If theres something I want, I know I'll get it eventually, but I don't feel the need to do them everyday if I don't want to.

    Some days I log on and look forward to doing my dailies, somedays I want to do something else with my time. makes no odds to me.

  5. #65
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Tempest Keep
    Posts
    2,807
    Ooooh! Guys, I got some more ideas: They could add starvation and dehydration, if you don't eat and drink often enough your character moves and attacks slower and eventually die. Also get rid of all zone chats and party/guild chat, so it's just say and yell. And what about World FFA PvP? I think it's pretty immersion-breaking that I can't backstab members of my own faction while they're checking the auction house. On that note, do away with the auction house entirely, players should find people to trade with in /say like in more traditional marketplaces. And seriously, raid resets? When I kill a boss they should STAY dead whenever I go in the instance on that char again, not rezzing every Tuesday. Also I think characters should have to empty their bladder and bowels from time to time so they don't wet themselves, lowering the stats on their leg armor.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Here is the my WoW day:

    1) Log in WoW

    2) Say hi to my guildies, ask them how they are, ask them if they need anything from my professions before I go out of the city etc.

    3) As my friends/guildies if they need help with Heroic Dungeons, or LFR, or Quests, or dailies.

    4) Ask the officers if the guild bank needs any particular mats fish/herbs etc for the raid team.

    5) Go do some pet battling dailies, or normal dailies If I feel like it that particula day.

    6) Go check out the city see if any of the RP crowd are hanging about for a little chat.

    7)Maybe go farming in some old zones for mats for my alts proffs. Help lowbies out if I see them struggling, or answer questions in general chat.

    8)Grab my friend and drag him to a new server and roll a new toon, go on our questing ways!

    9)Sometimes I like to just fly around some older zones while I chat to friends/guildies, or even *god forbid* use my normal non flying mount and roam zones.

    10) Organize transmog runs.

    11) Organize old raid runs, taking lowbies along to get some gear, see the raids and have fun!

    All of the above doesn't happen every day I log on, but you can mix and match it, the game doesn't have to be just about queues, if you don't want it to be, it's down to the individual to get the most out of what the game offers, and it offers alot.
    that's perfect Glitch! have the day you want to have! im glad we can finally agree Thanks for supporting me and seeing it my way. Now we just gotta get grumpy Constellation to come up with something creative to the thread and it's cause.

  7. #67
    The Lightbringer TEHPALLYTANK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Texas(I wish it were CO)
    Posts
    3,767
    I play a game like that all the time. It is known as "being alive", and yes I can strafe IRL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Who is talking about raiding?
    I am, as the obvious alternative to "Grindcraft".

    I havent mentioned that once, yet you continue to spew garbage about how the raiding game is bad and full of bads being carried. I seriously, and i do mean SERIOUSLY doubt that you ever have raided anything heroic in your life.
    Does it touch a nerve when I steer the conversation there? Are you the one in all heroic gear in every slot doing a hair more damage than the tank? Puh-leez.

    Its amazing how retarded some of the people who call all heroic raiders bad or being carried to their HC titles are. I guess we should just all assume that all heroic raiders are being carried now? lol
    again did I touch a nerve? Who said all. I'm talking about that one dbag out of 9 never doing their job and always causing wipes but never being replaced on account of being buddy buddy with the GM/RL. I guess you're that one. You claim to have experience (lemme guess, nerfed FL?) with heroic raids but you miss out on the fact that one moron can screw everything up and a whole lot of guilds had that guy. Im guess you were/are that guy.

    Get real man, and definitely, do yourself a favor and get off your high horse.
    So i see you never played TBC.. thanks for making that crystal clear with your ignorant response here.
    Hon, just because you see BC in some rosey tinted shades and hump the memory of it endlessly as the best WoW ever was doesn't mean you are right or the only opinion available. I can see why people enjoy getting you riled up though, you say the dumbest most irrelevant rubbish when called out. Well stated, but I think a garbage can will provide a better conversation than you.

    This game's raid content was never meant to be pugged, and if you were trying back then, then you were doing it wrong. But thats irrelevant because you have made it crystal clear that you are a child of the wrath / cata era.
    No, a whole lot was meant to be pugged. People pugged all the time, including raids. Clearly you were just a scrub bro with a RL who for some reason liked you and dragged you through content.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by vertex705 View Post
    Ooooh! Guys, I got some more ideas: They could add starvation and dehydration, if you don't eat and drink often enough your character moves and attacks slower and eventually die. Also get rid of all zone chats and party/guild chat, so it's just say and yell. And what about World FFA PvP? I think it's pretty immersion-breaking that I can't backstab members of my own faction while they're checking the auction house. On that note, do away with the auction house entirely, players should find people to trade with in /say like in more traditional marketplaces. And seriously, raid resets? When I kill a boss they should STAY dead whenever I go in the instance on that char again, not rezzing every Tuesday. Also I think characters should have to empty their bladder and bowels from time to time so they don't wet themselves, lowering the stats on their leg armor.
    This may be just a bit overboard, but I am liking the general gist of the ideas you present here.

    Starvation and dehydration would be awesome if it was something like, it reduces your hit chance, or you periodically are stunned because of lack of hydration? Some thing like that?
    Lewor responds to Barkloud regarding travel time, and we get this glorious quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    And where did these magical percentages come from? I didn't realise someone's ass also doubled as a calculator.
    World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
    See you in WoD!

  10. #70
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Netherlands: Glanerbrug
    Posts
    26
    Imagine a game where you have to pay rent and bills LOL

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    I play a game like that all the time. It is known as "being alive", and yes I can strafe IRL.
    I can't tell if you are trolling or if that's the name of a game? Either way if i am assuming (usually correct) could you give me the link so i can watch a video of gameplay footage?

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Fixed that for you, its not 9.8 mil, its 9.6 now. They just lost 500k subs recently.
    9.8-9.6 = 500k? Jaylock math?

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    9.8-9.6 = 500k? Jaylock math?
    Constellation...why do you even post here? we are trying to find ways to better the game we love. I won't apologize for having an idea nor will i stand for such petty and childish posts. Stay on topic or you can leave and take your negativity elsewhere.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    I am, as the obvious alternative to "Grindcraft".

    Does it touch a nerve when I steer the conversation there? Are you the one in all heroic gear in every slot doing a hair more damage than the tank? Puh-leez.

    again did I touch a nerve? Who said all. I'm talking about that one dbag out of 9 never doing their job and always causing wipes but never being replaced on account of being buddy buddy with the GM/RL. I guess you're that one. You claim to have experience (lemme guess, nerfed FL?) with heroic raids but you miss out on the fact that one moron can screw everything up and a whole lot of guilds had that guy. Im guess you were/are that guy.

    Hon, just because you see BC in some rosey tinted shades and hump the memory of it endlessly as the best WoW ever was doesn't mean you are right or the only opinion available. I can see why people enjoy getting you riled up though, you say the dumbest most irrelevant rubbish when called out. Well stated, but I think a garbage can will provide a better conversation than you.

    No, a whole lot was meant to be pugged. People pugged all the time, including raids. Clearly you were just a scrub bro with a RL who for some reason liked you and dragged you through content.
    Would you like to be a part of an elite group, and then be generalized the way you spoke about "that one guy"? Im guessing not.

    People on these forums will say all sorts of hostile stuff even if I linked my heroic Sha kill. Things like "oh you were carried to your gear" and all sorts of other rubbish like that.

    Thats why I dont link my heroic kills. People will find anything to demonize and be rude to those players.

    So please, spare me the reverse psychology, because I picked up on it the moment you posted. Also, thanks for the insults, it goes a long way to making your reputation the diamond that it is.
    Lewor responds to Barkloud regarding travel time, and we get this glorious quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    And where did these magical percentages come from? I didn't realise someone's ass also doubled as a calculator.
    World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
    See you in WoD!

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    This may be just a bit overboard, but I am liking the general gist of the ideas you present here.

    Starvation and dehydration would be awesome if it was something like, it reduces your hit chance, or you periodically are stunned because of lack of hydration? Some thing like that?
    How about permanent death?
    If a DK kills you in PvP they can raise you as their ghoul and you are their slave til they destroy you or your ghoul is destroyed.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-22 at 05:42 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Would you like to be a part of an elite group, and then be generalized the way you spoke about "that one guy"? Im guessing not.
    I'm the one who called that guy out on every stupid mistake they made.

    People on these forums will say all sorts of hostile stuff even if I linked my heroic Sha kill. Things like "oh you were carried to your gear" and all sorts of other rubbish like that.
    pro talk here <.<

    Thats why I dont link my heroic kills. People will find anything to demonize and be rude to those players.
    and yet you think others should link theirs? Lol okay

    So please, spare me the reverse psychology, because I picked up on it the moment you posted. Also, thanks for the insults, it goes a long way to making your reputation the diamond that it is.
    I'm losing Jaylock rep, have any dailies to fix it. *hands you a stack of mageweave for your tears* Just drop it already, we're not going to agree. And you hate criticism.
    Last edited by Justignoreme; 2013-02-22 at 05:42 AM.

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    9.8-9.6 = 500k? Jaylock math?
    of course 9.8-9.6 isnt 500k. They lost 500k subs. They were over 10m the last time they reported. So logic would only say they are down to at or near 9.6k. And im even being generous with the 9.6, because its probably closer to 9.5. Subs are falling fast, and your attitude certainly doesnt help perpetuate a great game atmosphere.

    Math Logic right! Yay.
    Lewor responds to Barkloud regarding travel time, and we get this glorious quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    And where did these magical percentages come from? I didn't realise someone's ass also doubled as a calculator.
    World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
    See you in WoD!

  17. #77
    Elemental Lord Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    8,523
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    of course 9.8-9.6 isnt 500k. They lost 500k subs. They were over 10m the last time they reported. So logic would only say they are down to at or near 9.6k. And im even being generous with the 9.6, because its probably closer to 9.5. Subs are falling fast, and your attitude certainly doesnt help perpetuate a great game atmosphere.

    Math Logic right! Yay.
    Still don't get why people care so much about sub numbers if it has no effect on whether or not they enjoy the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Mike Morhaine's definitely been using his body to sell copies of WoW.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Baxtab View Post
    Constellation...why do you even post here? we are trying to find ways to better the game we love. I won't apologize for having an idea nor will i stand for such petty and childish posts. Stay on topic or you can leave and take your negativity elsewhere.
    Im just brimming with negativity by saying dailies, questing, leveling, dungeons, LFR are all enjoyable and fun... right.

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    How about permanent death?
    If a DK kills you in PvP they can raise you as their ghoul and you are their slave til they destroy you or your ghoul is destroyed.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-22 at 05:42 AM ----------

    I'm the one who called that guy out on every stupid mistake they made.

    pro talk here <.<

    and yet you think others should link theirs? Lol okay

    I'm losing Jaylock rep, have any dailies to fix it. *hands you a stack of mageweave for your tears* Just drop it already, we're not going to agree. And you hate criticism.
    Lol, every time you post i laugh more and more. You have a great knack for putting words into peoples mouth. Since when did I ask anyone for a "LINK URZ ARMORI I WAN SEE IF YOU HAVE HEROIC SHA!!!"

    Never.

    Keep posting tho bro, they make me smile every time you do
    Lewor responds to Barkloud regarding travel time, and we get this glorious quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    And where did these magical percentages come from? I didn't realise someone's ass also doubled as a calculator.
    World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
    See you in WoD!

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    of course 9.8-9.6 isnt 500k. They lost 500k subs. They were over 10m the last time they reported. So logic would only say they are down to at or near 9.6k. And im even being generous with the 9.6, because its probably closer to 9.5. Subs are falling fast, and your attitude certainly doesnt help perpetuate a great game atmosphere.

    Math Logic right! Yay.
    They were 9.8 last I checked. Dropping to 9.6 (assuming you are current) isn't 500k. Subs are dropping fast, clearly its cause of daily quests. But you have a solution

    Patch Notes:

    Repairs will now take up to 30 seconds to complete! It's more immersive!


    *subs drop another 2 million*

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •