What if the xbox 720 wasnt announced till 2015

Just like Microsoft said they wanted a 10 year console cycle with the 360. Would that be okay or will they announce it this year? I say 2015 but they cut prices in half to eat away PS4 sales

If they wait till 2015 to announce their new console then they are only gonna be killing their own business, honestly for console players why would they continue playing a 360 if they can get the same game with better graphics and more options via the new PS4? No look to hear about the new Xbox at E3 at the latest imo. Now that Sony has made their announcement Microsoft has no choice but to prepare their's for launch or get out of the console business.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think what they mean is a 10 year support cycle. They will still make the occasional game for it and support xbox live until 2015. Once 2015 happens they will officially stop updating it and probably make xbox live free. Think ps2 support. The last ps2 game was made in 2012.

Who are people freaking out so early about this. Likely it won't be out till next year, early or later. My estimate is late next year. PS4 just won big by doing early announcement. I seriously sometimes do not know why some consoles drag out systems they could easily deliver the same year.

Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    Who are people freaking out so early about this. Likely it won't be out till next year, early or later. My estimate is late next year. PS4 just won big by doing early announcement. I seriously sometimes do not know why some consoles drag out systems they could easily deliver the same year.
    Uhm... Durango dev kits were out before Orbis dev kits were. We are going to see both at holidays 2013.