Poll: Digital or Final?

Bloodsail Admiral DownButStillOut's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Digital or Final Frontier?

I've finally come to that fork in the road... What do I want to do in my life?
    Currently I'm tied between two options: Pursuing my ambition of Aerospace Engineering or following my passion for Programming (Either way I'll be spending a lot of time working with computers). And it seems my time for a decision after dwelling for what feels like forever is waning. Though I do not think that my decision will be derived from this simple poll; It is merely a good topic to discuss IMO.
    Now! What field do you think has the most potential for advancement and just your general opinion of anything correlating to the two...
    Now!...I think I'll get some sleep.
    BeeeeeeeoooooOOOOoooooooooooooooOOOO-FFFSSSHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM!!!
    My attempt at being less of a pessimist was choosing Dawnbringer as my choice of server.
    I regret somethings! (like setting this in my signature)

Deleted
    I think they can be tied together somehow os go for aerospace engeneering

Deleted
    Not entirely sure where you live, but over here in the Netherlands, if you start a new bachelor's study you can drop out in the first 6 months if it turns out you don't like it at all. And they would refund the tuition.

If wherever you live something similar happens... I'd say flip a coin. Or do what you now think you'd like doing most.

10+ Year Old Account
    The two feed off one another. Advances in digitization invariably lead to more sophisticated aerospace technologies and vice versa.

We are approaching a frontier, of sorts. Digital electronics, by definition, have a lower size limitation and will become obsolete at a point. It is my belief the next big thing will be Optronics; electronic devices that use optical fibre as their medium rather than wire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Build a robot to build a NOC on Jupiter.

Deleted
    I know little about actually working with any of these options, but I hope I can somehow contribute... If I meet someone who is a programmer, I think "oh, you know how to code! That's pretty cool." But if I meet someone who is a motherfucking AEROSPACE ENGINEER, I'll be like holy shit you're an expert on space ships??????
    Last edited by mmoc286748cea5; 2013-02-22 at 09:39 AM.

Life lesson:
    Always go for the one that grants the highest level degree.

The highest degree will allow you to do lower-level jobs, while the lower-level degrees will not allow you to get into the higher level jobs. As an aerospace engineer (PhD), you could still get a job as a programmer. As a programmer, however, you're not going to get any work as an engineer.

It's strange, but true: The rank of your degree matters much more than its actual content.