Destruction and Demonology buffs!

Shadow Bolt damage and SP scaling increased by 15%.

Demonology
    Hand of Gul'dan damage and SP scaling increased by 15%.
    Metamorphosis: Touch of Chaos damage and SP scaling increased by 15%.
    Soul Fire damage and SP scaling increased by 22%.

Destruction
    Conflagrate damage and SP scaling increased by 20%.
    Immolate damage and SP scaling increased by 20%.
    Incinerate damage and SP scaling increased by 10%.

· We are going to go ahead and grandfather in the bug of Shadowburn granting 2 embers on a kill. It is technically a bug, which is why we fixed it, but it's been that way since MoP launched and we don't think it's causing huge balance problems, so in cases like this, we think the right thing to do is just make it official.

I almost can't believe they finally buffed them properly :_D

Deleted

Deleted
    You can tell people are in a good mood with the buffs

If they werent the first reply would be "omg repost we already have a thread for this you noob go end yourself"

But yes, happy days \o/ Been a long time since all 3 specs were roughly viable with each other, hopefully they wont nerf Affli into the ground now to force us to go Demo/Destro like in Cata :3

Not surprised as these were in a blue post a few days ago. The exact same numbers to.

I don't understand why people see these as buffs, when all other classes received similar buffs. It's just balancing for the next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornias View Post
    I don't understand why people see these as buffs, when all other classes received similar buffs. It's just balancing for the next patch.
    Not so much balance as lowering the gap for the pure dps classes to 2-3%, rather than 10%.

All hunter specs, for instance, are all within 1k dps of each other in BiS gear in 5.2. In current gear, they're all about the same damage.

PvE wise they might be good, not a great deal PvP wise though.
    As for Demo ,GC pointed that Hand of Gul'dan will not affect Chaos Wave (he said that it will at first but took it back). Shadowbolt and Soul Fire are hard to cast on PvP nowadays(Soul Fire is expensive on mana too), and will still be rather weak out of cds, i dont think they will compensate for our low sustain dmg still...
    As for Destro , due to nerfs on FnB's spells range, these buffs will compensate for it at the best case scenario. Immolate is still rather weak imo, it doesnt feel like a dot, but only as a burning ember generator (even 100% buff would give the slightest worries on enemies).

As for PvE, trinkets, legendary meta gem and set bonus at a first sight benefit affliction most of all 3 specs (plus affli scales better with more intelect from new items. )

Overall these buffs are good, but not that great imo. PvE and PvP wise i don't think they will have any impact at all.

Deleted
    and yet they nerfed shadow again. i see another wave of furious priests rerolling and comming to warlock forum

Quote Originally Posted by Ornias View Post
    Its not cause ppl think demo/destro gonna be better than other class . Its cause we finally can play other spec than afli (imho mostly destro due to green fire :P )

10+ Year Old Account
    Since the thread allready has a fair number of posts in it I'll leave it open, but next time have a look around the forum to see if there's a thread you can post your thoughts in, LeyrHao. The one Zumzum linked is the obvious one, but there was also a thread about the viability of Destro and Demo that you could have picked. That said, maybe a thread with this obvious of a name will prevent others from doing what you did, and if not I'll funnel them all here and keep the 5.2 discussion thread clean.

Carry on with rejoicing

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Since the thread allready has a fair number of posts in it I'll leave it open, but next time have a look around the forum to see if there's a thread you can post your thoughts in, LeyrHao. The one Zumzum linked is the obvious one, but there was also a thread about the viability of Destro and Demo that you could have picked. That said, maybe a thread with this obvious of a name will prevent others from doing what you did, and if not I'll funnel them all here and keep the 5.2 discussion thread clean.

Carry on with rejoicing
    Sorry xskarma, didn't think about it because of the excitement about the buffs. Got so used to always be behind as Destruction that getting a buff feels exciting and weird at the same time :P. If you wish, merge this thread with the proper one

I haven't done a great deal of looking but is there a sim craft that takes into account the new changes. I am interested to see how much the gap closed.

Deleted
    I haven't done a great deal of looking but is there a sim craft that takes into account the new changes. I am interested to see how much the gap closed.
    I have seen the Warlock T15 profiles pop on Simulationcraft sources' RSS Feed, but nothing is displayed yet.