So I received this email

So basically, I've been around WoW for a while, and you know, seen all the kinds of scam mails etc.
    But I received this one today, and this one has me COMPLETELY puzzled and confused.

I checked the links, and they don't seem to be redirecting elsewhere, the only thing that could possibly be it, is if it's linking to like batt I e . net or something, with an I instead of an L.

to: No Infraction Material Here
    date: 22 February 2013 08:17
    subject: Account creation
    mailed-by: blizzard.com
    Signed by: blizzard.com
    : Important mainly because of the words in the message.

As I mentioned you can create a new account if you are not able to find your old keys.

http://us.battle.net/support/article/599

-Josh
    And after copying it into here with the different font in MMO C posts. That's definitely an L not an I.

I don't even know.

---------- Post added 2013-02-22 at 04:47 PM ----------

Oh and for double reference, I haven't opened a ticket about anything like lost password or anything like that lately, the last time I opened a ticket was like a month ago reporting someone for harrassment.
    Last edited by Oxyra; 2013-02-22 at 09:06 AM.
    Updating my signature from my WoD characters.

Yikes.

Probably better than you, probably also a casual these days. Go on, keep being elitist.

10+ Year Old Account
    It could be an answer to the wrong person.

Deleted
    might want to hide your email in that post

I believe it is against MMOC rules to post any emails containing links to this forum, but that looks just like a normal support answer from Blizzard. Havent you created a ticket or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Backinblack View Post
    might want to hide your email in that post
    Don't really care.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxhoundn View Post
    I believe it is against MMOC rules to post any emails containing links to this forum, but that looks just like a normal support answer from Blizzard. Havent you created a ticket or something?
    Haven't created any tickets recently, I guess I'll do what person up there said and make a ticket asking them about it. O.O

Yikes.

Probably better than you, probably also a casual these days. Go on, keep being elitist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxyra View Post
    Don't really care.
    If you don't want to become a possible offer for RealID spam invites, spam mails and so, keep the adress up.
    But yes, I believe it's against the forum rules to have a visible private email in the posts shown and might lead to a warning/infraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxyra View Post
    Don't really care.
    Yeah, well, apparently you are using an authenticator.
    | Ryzen R7 5800X | Radeon RX 6800 |

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgsnstuff View Post
    Yeah, well, apparently you are using an authenticator.
    Yes. Yes I am. I guess I'll take that email down though because I like my account only having* two infractions O.O

Yikes.

Deleted
    As I mentioned you can create a new account if you are not able to find your old keys.
    What do they need your CD keys for? They already have them stored in their database attached to your account. Them asking for your CD keys seems like a phishing attempt to go around the account recovery system with to me but not really sure if the adress are legit. Do not reply to it and just give customer support a call.
    "Spoofed" Email Addresses
    Even if you receive an email from an @blizzard.com or @battle.net address, it's still important to remain cautious, as it is possible to change how a sending address appears in the "From" field of an email. The process is known as "spoofing" and may cause a phishing email to initially look like it's been sent by Blizzard Entertainment. To determine the actual sending address of an email, you will need to check the email's header information.
    https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/phishing
    Last edited by mmoc0d096f98da; 2013-02-22 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    What do they need your CD keys for? They already have them stored in their database attached to your account. Them asking for your CD keys seems like a phishing attempt to go around the account recovery system with to me but not really sure if the adress are legit.
    Except, they're not really asking for my keys or anything. The addresses in the email seemed legit, it seems like it was for an account recovery or something. Which makes zero sense to me.

Yikes.

This is a classic example of using a single email address for many things.

Seriously, create a new email address and link it to your battle.net account. Do NOT EVER use that email address for anything else. Don't give it out to anyone. Ever. Just Blizzard.

That way, if you actually do get an email to that account, you can almost assuredly know that it is from Blizzard. THEN you can worry about it.

This is most likely fake. I've been getting loads of message about my account in Korea that is about to be closed due to hacking...

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...98066?page=1#5

According to this guy, the header from the email verified it as a legitimate email.

Yikes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably just a mistake. Sent it to the wrong person. Stuff happens.