Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Exclamation Server merge / free server transfer petition.

An online petition has been created asking Blizzard to either merge dead servers or offer a free transfer for dying servers.

Please take a moment to sign the petition and if someone could kindly post this onto the US forums, hopefully something can finally be achieved, who knows ??

EU has a 223 page thread (among others detailing the problem(s))

Early days yet, but If you have 20 seconds or so to spare, please sign:

ipetitions.com/petition/blizzard-to-fix-world-of-warcraft-empty-server
    Thank you!

Yeah and i am sure Blizzard will listen to the community.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Velthy View Post
    Yeah and i am sure Blizzard will listen to the community.
    A bit of pressure and I'm sure they will buckle, look what happened to Real-ID

Still, worth a try IMHO.

Deleted
    It is true that you could try it. But still, even the most dead servers are still playable, there are still raid and some guild...of course nothing to compare to other server.

Deleted
    Blizz is aware of the issue and the 220 page thread on the EU forum has attracted Blue posters and had its post cap limit extended by the Blues multiple times.

Of course Blizz KNOWS this is an issue but for years we always get the same response: "we are looking into solutions".

The community is getting impatient and rightly so and I think we need answers on what will be done to stop the issue getting worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would sign the petition, but seems you are forced to donate to said site to do so. So... I wont.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Would sign the petition, but seems you are forced to donate to said site to do so. So... I wont.
    You're not forced. If you got to the donate page then you've signed the petition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Honeydruid View Post
    An online petition has been created asking Blizzard to either merge dead servers or offer a free transfer for dying servers.

Please take a moment to sign the petition and if someone could kindly post this onto the US forums, hopefully something can finally be achieved, who knows ??

EU has a 223 page thread (among others detailing the problem(s))

Early days yet, but If you have 20 seconds or so to spare, please sign:

Thank you!
    Correct me if I am wrong, they HAVE been allowing free transfers from some servers to others, or are you not aware of that?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, they HAVE been allowing free transfers from some servers to others, or are you not aware of that?
    Usually those free transfers are from high pop to low pop. But they do not seem to work.

Why? Because who in their right mind would want to leave a high population server for a dead realm?

Deleted
    Sure, but only into those low population servers, not from those away.

But they cannot simply turn off dead servers. A free transfer away from those would be something impossible. But merges seem possible.

Nooooooo I love having friends with characters on dead realms to farm rares etc They brought in CRZ as a sort of solution for dead realms.

I paid to transfer off a dead server, if this happens I will be wanting my money back.

I'd rather move to the "dead" server or even better to the server of my own.

I would sign it. But also know that Blizzard does know this is an issue and something the players want. I will say this also right now: Not every player wants this. There are a lot of players that already see "naming" issues popping up. Be it their character or their guild.

To be honest.... fuck them. Excuse my French. I value my name just as the next guy. I get called: "Vael" in real life aswell. So yes it would annoy me that someone else would eventually get to keep my name and me "renaming" my character. It would piss me even more off then most cause when the Armory became available - it turned out that I was the only Vaelorian outthere and for a long time aswell. Nowadays I have like 2/3 pages of characters named like this.

But frankly, I'd rather have a game I would enjoy. Have a feeling of a "full server" but actually having a full server. Filled with people you could get to know and see again. LFR/LFD etc. could still happen. Would love for it to be serverwide instead of crossservers. But unless the merge ends up with a ton of people, I do believe that the queuetimes will be higher dramatically. And perhaps for LFR being cross-server ain't so bad. What I dislike the most about the crossrealm features are the LFD. If they would return that to what is was (serverwide) I'll be a happy pally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    Usually those free transfers are from high pop to low pop. But they do not seem to work.

Why? Because who in their right mind would want to leave a high population server for a dead realm?
    Personally, I like my server... regardless of the pop... I have no desire nor intent of switching servers... with LFR/LFD/CRZ would seem that Blizzard HAS made steps to address the low pop servers... and I cant imagine them merging servers any time during THIS expansion... and doubtful during the next one... They DO have a mechanic in place if you dont like the server you are on... pay to transfer... I cant imagine them giving that away free just because a bunch of folks are stamping their feet and demanding they allow it.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    Personally, I like my server... regardless of the pop... I have no desire nor intent of switching servers... with LFR/LFD/CRZ would seem that Blizzard HAS made steps to address the low pop servers... and I cant imagine them merging servers any time during THIS expansion... and doubtful during the next one... They DO have a mechanic in place if you dont like the server you are on... pay to transfer... I cant imagine them giving that away free just because a bunch of folks are stamping their feet and demanding they allow it.
    Problem is : you can't recruit for you guild on other servers and you can't pug current content with xrealm, so if you want to raid on a dead server you are basicly screwed.
    We had to move as a guild since we were unable to even find 1 decent recruit this xpan and had to waste at least 1 hour each raid to find a pug and we were not the only horde guild on our server having to make that move. Some people don't want to move , so they quit. In the end it's in blizz best interest to actually make sure they have a healthy balance/population on all servers.
    Good example is SW tor since the whole thing went at warp speed there compared to wow , Bioware ignored the pop/balance issue , people quit, issue got worse , still ignored, even more gave up , they finally did something but by than most subs they had left already quit, they never got those numbers back.
    Blizz should learn from that ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubalus View Post
    Problem is : you can't recruit for you guild on other servers and you can't pug current content with xrealm, so if you want to raid on a dead server you are basicly screwed.
    We had to move as a guild since we were unable to even find 1 decent recruit this xpan and had to waste at least 1 hour each raid to find a pug and we were not the only horde guild on our server having to make that move. Some people don't want to move , so they quit. In the end it's in blizz best interest to actually make sure they have a healthy balance/population on all servers.
    Good example is SW tor since the whole thing went at warp speed there compared to wow , Bioware ignored the pop/balance issue , people quit, issue got worse , still ignored, even more gave up , they finally did something but by than most subs they had left already quit, they never got those numbers back.
    Blizz should learn from that ^^
    Or, Blizzard can continue to do what is making them MILLIONS of dollars EACH MONTH... Respectfully, SWTOR was flawed from inception.

in the end, as you say, its in Blizzard's best interest to do what works for THEM, regardless of what YOU, or the cadre that are demanding server merges/free Xfers want.

Deleted
    Or, Blizzard can continue to do what is making them MILLIONS of dollars EACH MONTH... Respectfully, SWTOR was flawed from inception.

in the end, as you say, its in Blizzard's best interest to do what works for THEM, regardless of what YOU, or the cadre that are demanding server merges/free Xfers want.
    yes and it is not in their interests one bit to have customers quitting because it costs far too much money move all their characters off a dead realm. I have known many people who would rather quit than transfer all their toons, and many did so when my realm started a rapid decline.

If its in blizzard's interests for players on low pop realms to quit then really they should just carry on because that seems to be all that happens on those servers these days.

looks to me that they are crazy afraid of losing their realm transfer fee's. What they do not get. Is that insted of losing 20 euro from said transfer. they lose sub fee's left and right, which surpass the amount of transfer fee they get inn verry fast.

Im a guild leader on a medium realm. Yesterday, one of the guilds that been going strong since start of vanilla disbanded. It was a hardcore 25 man heroic guild. Now the second guild is most likely transfering away due to no competition on the server. No decent heroic raiding teams left. Server dying out totaly. And it was hard enough finding raiders before all this. And i can only imagine how it is on low pop servers

Deleted
    Ok, but I would rather see level 60 realm. (Currently Blizzards excuse is "we can't because there would be no support", even if nobody asked for that).

The solution already exists. If you want off your dead server, pony up the 25 bucks and leave the server the exact same way everyone else did which caused the server to be dead in the first place.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.