Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    The Patient AnotherInternetOpinion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Posts
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoodacz View Post
    Hello there community!
    Before you go "Blarghhhh! no! never! gofcuk urself!" just hear me out!
    Well that sums up 93% of the forums population.

  2. #22
    The Lightbringer Uennie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ner'zhul
    Posts
    3,819
    Because Blizzard said so.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoodacz View Post
    True...
    The number of DK Pandaren would be small... But same goes for Worgen DKs...
    Their number in Shadowfang Keep wasn't that big... yet we see them roaming around!
    "Few" can be applied to both. But Pandaren were fewer than Worgen by far, a lot of people have never even seen them while there are plenty of Worgen in Silverpine. The # of Pandaren adventurers were very few, other than Chen, Mojo and Li Li Stormstout there aren't really any known ones.

  4. #24
    Lich king makes deathknights , pandaland was not discovered , no panda's to make dk's for the lich king. Lich king is dead we find panda's.
    Ain't that hard to understand why they can't be DK's lore wise.
    might have been a few traveling that technically could have been caught and raised as but their numbers would be so low that it still wouldn't work to make them playable without some major lore rape.
    Last edited by Bubalus; 2013-02-22 at 11:45 AM.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    You are the first to think of it that way and from that makes the most sense.

    And thus I can see why they never had Pandaren DK's since they start out as a playable neutral race that is allowed choose which side to fight for when you got to that part.. It would not work to well in the DK starting zone for the very reason of them starting out as neutral..
    not really. all they'd have to do was to make a "neutral phase" for the zone (just like there are alliance and horde "phases" there already, so as not to mix enemy players together), and give them an extra quest with the option to choose their faction between "The Battle For The Ebon Hold" and "Where Kings Walk"/"Warchief's Blessing".

    don't forget that blizz employees are paid to solve this type of issue whenever they appear. they are professionals and they can think outside the box.

    it would not be gamebreaking at all. the problem about pandaren DKs is exclusively a problem with lore.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  6. #26
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stormwind
    Posts
    1,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubalus View Post
    Lich king makes deathknights , pandaland was not discovered , no panda's to make dk's for the lich king. Lich king is dead we find panda's.
    Ain't that hard to understand why they can't be DK's lorewise.
    Pretty much , cept for the panda/pandalan mistakes.

    Its Pandaren and Pandaria .

  7. #27
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubalus View Post
    Lich king makes deathknights , pandaland was not discovered , no panda's to make dk's for the lich king. Lich king is dead we find panda's.
    Ain't that hard to understand why they can't be DK's lorewise.
    Ain't that hard to read the original post in this topic, but it seems for some reason you didn't.
    Lorewise it is indeed acceptable for pandas to be DK's, but as people have already mentioned, there were some limitations which did not allow Blizzard to implement them.

  8. #28
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cuthroat Alley, Stormwind
    Posts
    743
    Quote Originally Posted by Banzubie View Post
    It might have also been a coding thing since they are the first neutral race and the dk starting zone may have had issues with it.
    This sounds legitimate. The whole deal with being Pandaren is their new start zone with quests and storyline and ultimately the choice to join the alliance or the horde. The deal with DKs is their backstory and coming back to pledge their allegiance back to their original faction as a new type of warrior. You just can't have both. I can't honestly say blizz had a legitimate plan for the reasoning behind this choice but if I were in their shoes I'd be pushing the new players to be Monks or other classes so they could see all the new content they made for the start zone.
    Last edited by Tsuna; 2013-02-22 at 11:48 AM.
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

  9. #29
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    not really. all they'd have to do was to make a "neutral phase" for the zone (just like there are alliance and horde "phases" there already, so as not to mix enemy players together), and give them an extra quest with the option to choose their faction between "The Battle For The Ebon Hold" and "Where Kings Walk"/"Warchief's Blessing".

    don't forget that blizz employees are paid to solve this type of issue whenever they appear. they are professionals and they can think outside the box.

    it would not be gamebreaking at all. the problem about pandaren DKs is exclusively a problem with lore.
    You are probably right, there was a solution, but i guess Blizz decided it just didn't worth the trouble. Though, if the community demand is high, i can see them implementing what you say in the future.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    Ain't that hard to read the original post in this topic, but it seems for some reason you didn't.
    Lorewise it is indeed acceptable for pandas to be DK's, but as people have already mentioned, there were some limitations which did not allow Blizzard to implement them.
    Lorewise, it is NOT acceptable for Pandaran to be DKs, as has been mentioned in other posts in this thread:

    - Non Worgen Player Deathknights are all assumed to be "Veterans of the Third War", raised by the LK an sent to the DK starting area for Basic Training. There were no Pandaran in the Third War, therefore there are no Pandaran deathknights.
    - Goblin Deathknights are "special" because while the Player Faction for Goblins is Bilgewater Cartel, the Player Goblin DK's come from the Steamwheedle cartel members who fought in the Third War. (remember, goblins as a whole are one race, but they belong to different Cartels in the same way people belong to different political parties).
    - Worgen Deathknights are similarily "special" because while the LK would not have had access to Gilneas, he did have access to Arugal, whom he ressurected specifically to create Worgen in Grizzly Hills.

    Finally, while there WERE Pandaran wandering around Azeroth before the Mists were parted, there were probably not much more then a handfull of them. Literally, a handfull. All of whom would have been from The Wandering Isle. The Odds of there being enough pandaran around for the Lich King to "convert" during the events of the Timespan of Wrath to even remotely allow for enough Pandaran Deathknights to allow them to be a Player Race are astronomically low.

  11. #31
    Pandaren Monk Of-the-horde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Reading lots of Mangas.
    Posts
    1,851
    I hope blizz changes their minds about this because it makes me a sad panda that my dk cant do the shuffle dance or caramel dansen

  12. #32
    Pandaren Monk GeordieMagpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    U.K,England, Newcastle
    Posts
    1,833
    Most Pandarens (Like around 90%) were in Pandaria or Wandering Isles + the mists covering them, also pretty much none of them were in Northrend or Eastern Kingdoms, and Chen was in Durotar and now Pandaria, so....there are no pandaren DK's.
    Howay the lads!

  13. #33
    Elemental Lord Hyve's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    8,439
    I'd love to play a Pandaren Death Knight.

  14. #34
    Why can't they be druids either? Bear into bear? Worg turns wolf into cat with wolf head? It just boils down to they don't want certain classes on certain races. I doubt it has anything to do with balance but more with they just want to spread out the races used. I doubt it is much more sinister or complex then that.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    Ain't that hard to read the original post in this topic, but it seems for some reason you didn't.
    Lorewise it is indeed acceptable for pandas to be DK's, but as people have already mentioned, there were some limitations which did not allow Blizzard to implement them.
    I did read the op and he's just trying to make some lame excuse to get them to fit the lore which just doesn't work .fact is that lorewise there is no way for panda dk's to be around, you can maybe explain 1 panda DK npc being around but not hordes of panda dk players runing around , there will need be major lore rape to explain that.
    So no it's not acceptable for panda's to be DK's regardless of any technical limitations if any.
    Last edited by Bubalus; 2013-02-22 at 12:18 PM.

  16. #36
    Grunt minivan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    10
    Well, my take on it is, if Blizzard wants to include Pandaren DK's, or if there is enough call of them to make blizzard crack, they can create a back-story that makes it where the particular Pandaren DK was a part of a group of wandering Pandaren, not the type of Pandaren that you encounter in Pandaria or on the Wandering Isle. These Pandaren would be of the ones that wandered the whole of Azeroth, of which a smaller group wandered into Northrend during the time of the Lich King and were killed by the scourge and later resurrected by the Lich King because he found out about their particular, unique, fighting style and use them as elite DK's. But due to their own substantial will as monks before-hand, they were able to control their new-found power and bend it to their will.

    I don't know, I think that sounds good. Although, if Blizz does implement Pandaren DK's, they will more-than-likely just add NPC's like they did with the Worgen and Goblins and add a little lore to them being there.

  17. #37
    Bloodsail Admiral De Lupe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Buildin' a sentry!
    Posts
    1,008
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Lorewise, it is NOT acceptable for Pandaran to be DKs, as has been mentioned in other posts in this thread:

    - Non Worgen Player Deathknights are all assumed to be "Veterans of the Third War", raised by the LK an sent to the DK starting area for Basic Training. There were no Pandaran in the Third War, therefore there are no Pandaran deathknights.
    - Goblin Deathknights are "special" because while the Player Faction for Goblins is Bilgewater Cartel, the Player Goblin DK's come from the Steamwheedle cartel members who fought in the Third War. (remember, goblins as a whole are one race, but they belong to different Cartels in the same way people belong to different political parties).
    - Worgen Deathknights are similarily "special" because while the LK would not have had access to Gilneas, he did have access to Arugal, whom he ressurected specifically to create Worgen in Grizzly Hills.

    Finally, while there WERE Pandaran wandering around Azeroth before the Mists were parted, there were probably not much more then a handfull of them. Literally, a handfull. All of whom would have been from The Wandering Isle. The Odds of there being enough pandaran around for the Lich King to "convert" during the events of the Timespan of Wrath to even remotely allow for enough Pandaran Deathknights to allow them to be a Player Race are astronomically low.
    Ding Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner.

  18. #38
    Stood in the Fire Number Eighteen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Constructing additional pylons.
    Posts
    457
    First and foremost it's the technical issue that people already mentioned, with the whole Neutral thing. Secondly, there are too few Pandaren that travelled off the Wandering Isle to actually make for a proper amount of Pandaren Death Knights. Worgen were already a stretch if you ask me, seeing how Worgen are immune to the raising into undeath by the Forsaken Val'kyr. Keep in mind the Lich King does -not- raise the Death Knights we play, Acherus Necromancers do that. Simple, plain' ol' Necromancers.

  19. #39
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    16,965
    I guess Blizzard likes to keep option open to spring as "features" on the players later on.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    Not just Shadowfang. Grizzly hills, Arthas raised Arugal explicitly so he could summon Worgen to serve him, and they are all over the zone.

    The Pandaren thing doesn't fit, but neither do Draenei and Blood Elf monks the way they are plonked in there in the TBC timeline.
    I don't know about Blood Elves, but there were Draenei monk NPCs back in TBC.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •