Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
LastLast
  1. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalukki View Post
    Don't you think the player DKs (if they were raised in the third war) would have rotted into skeletons already? Yet they look intact almost like living.
    The Forsaken have been wandering around about a decade in lore time rotting with their bones hanging out.

    Magic.

  2. #142
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    The Forsaken have been wandering around about a decade in lore time rotting with their bones hanging out.

    Magic.
    A wizard did it. Always a good explanation.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-10 at 11:29 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    The Scourge Death Knights (what we have playable) were necromantically raised with a portion of Arthas's own power. Acherus Death Knights are limited in numbers and can't expand their ranks.
    There are non-undead DK trainees in Naxx. How do you explain them?
    Wh-what are you doing here!? G-go away!
    I don't want to see you anymore!
    Stay away from me!
    That's what Shi said.

  3. #143
    Dreadlord Spichora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    898
    I agree with OP They can be Death Knight. We still have Lich King who controls Scourge. OR we have Val'Kyr who can rise Death Knights. They are so Powerful that managed to rise Banshee Queen. What will stop them from resurrecting Pandas into Death Knights?

    First Death Knights didnt need Lich King to be introduced in Game. Dark magic, Necromantic Magic that made them rise up. We can make Pandas Death Knights. Why not.
    Maybe because it wont fit in their Kind nature. They dont even have Warlocks. Maybe Blizz dont want to make them look evil. It doesn't fits in their Characteristics. But imo it would be epic to see them in game.


    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

  4. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalukki View Post
    A wizard did it. Always a good explanation.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-10 at 11:29 PM ----------


    There are non-undead DK trainees in Naxx. How do you explain them?
    They were raised the same time you were. You were simply a standout "student." Just because there's trainees around doesn't mean they're fresh raised corpses. Acherus hasn't been remodeled ever to update.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    I agree with OP They can be Death Knight. We still have Lich King who controls Scourge. OR we have Val'Kyr who can rise Death Knights. They are so Powerful that managed to rise Banshee Queen. What will stop them from resurrecting Pandas into Death Knights?

    First Death Knights didnt need Lich King to be introduced in Game. Dark magic, Necromantic Magic that made them rise up. We can make Pandas Death Knights. Why not.
    Maybe because it wont fit in their Kind nature. They dont even have Warlocks. Maybe Blizz dont want to make them look evil. It doesn't fits in their Characteristics. But imo it would be epic to see them in game.

    There were only a small handful of Pandaren out in the world at the time of Arthas (Chen was one.) There certainly weren't enough to have serving the Argent Dawn to fall in battle. It's also been explained in a lore Q&A a while back that the Ebon Blade can't create more numbers after they detached themselves from the Scourge and Arthas's influence, nor would they want to. The second the Ebon Blade starts resurrecting dead bodies to bolster their ranks is the same time they become Arthas and Sylvanas, two entities that they hate.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2013-05-10 at 11:36 PM.

  5. #145
    Stood in the Fire Wolfie of Medivh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    397
    Documented in Lore, there's only been 3 known Pandaren until the Mists pulled back to travel. Li-Li, Bo (her protector who died in a Naga attack) and Chen. Everything else is speculation/too minor to note. Since we have both Chen and Li-Li now, I can't find any reasonable reason to call on Pandaren DKs.

    Worgen DKs are convered members of Arugal's summoned Worgen.

    Goblin DKs are from the Steamweedle Cartel.

    They both join respective factions just to have a home after leaving the Scourge.
    Wolfie Draenei Shaman - Pet Collection - Mount Collection
    Pinfire Dwarf Hunter - SaintJoan Human Paladin - Sadiefalk Human Rogue - Hamartanein Dwarf Warlock - Aponyia Tauren Shaman

  6. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    They are so Powerful that managed to rise Banshee Queen.
    It killed three of them to do so. Val'kyr can not raise anything other than vrykul (and, therefore, humans as well).

    Honestly, there's no reason to do allow them to be Death Knights. There were too few wandering about Azeroth prior to the creation of the Ebon Blade for them to have any significant impact on it. And we definitely don't need the excuse of "some random necromancer raised them" just for the sake of having them.
    Last edited by StationaryHawk; 2013-05-11 at 12:27 AM.

  7. #147
    Dreadlord MetalheroDamien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Where ever I am, there I am.
    Posts
    796
    Quote Originally Posted by subanark View Post
    Pandas cannot be DK more for technical reasons, due too:

    Pandas choose their faction as the leave their starting zone. DK's starting zone supersedes their race. DK's have a different instanced starting zone based on their faction.

    So, in order to solve this issue panda DKs would either:
    1. Choose their faction before starting the game... which might be a bit confusing on the user interface.
    2. Have a separate panda DK starting zone (and let them choose at the end)... which would be a bit odd for players.

    All in all, Blizz decided simply to prohibit panda DKs (and have to explain the bit of lore justifying it) rather than add the extra work to get this 1 class/race to work.
    That's how it works with pre-mades on the PTR, it pops up with a red, gold and grey dialogue box asking you to pick your faction.
    Nostalgia is the hollow remnants of memories long gone.

    -Kaito Kumon (Kamen Rider Baron)

  8. #148
    You're right.

    There were a few Pandaren traveling the world.

    A few. As in, a handful.

    Lorewise, there MIGHT be a handful of Pandaren Death Knights. Not a lot. Not enough to rationalize the player base for it.

    And yes, before you say it, I realize the Blood Elves and Draenei and Gnomes had their population decimated but they can still be Death Knights.

    That reason isn't the same. There was likely less than 20 Pandaren wandering around Azeroth. There wasn't even a big population on the Wandering Isle, so its unlikely the small population that left was even smaller.

  9. #149
    Dreadlord MetalheroDamien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Where ever I am, there I am.
    Posts
    796
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister J View Post
    You're right.

    There were a few Pandaren traveling the world.

    A few. As in, a handful.

    Lorewise, there MIGHT be a handful of Pandaren Death Knights. Not a lot. Not enough to rationalize the player base for it.

    And yes, before you say it, I realize the Blood Elves and Draenei and Gnomes had their population decimated but they can still be Death Knights.

    That reason isn't the same. There was likely less than 20 Pandaren wandering around Azeroth. There wasn't even a big population on the Wandering Isle, so its unlikely the small population that left was even smaller.
    You only need two to have a playable DK one, you know. Hell, for that matter, you only need one, because one just gets killed to bring the other to their senses. That said, I'm fairly sure the wandering isle has a population of at least a couple hundred. It's like asking why there's only four buildings in Pallet Town.
    Nostalgia is the hollow remnants of memories long gone.

    -Kaito Kumon (Kamen Rider Baron)

  10. #150
    Bloodsail Admiral rashen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister J View Post
    You're right.

    There were a few Pandaren traveling the world.

    A few. As in, a handful.

    Lorewise, there MIGHT be a handful of Pandaren Death Knights. Not a lot. Not enough to rationalize the player base for it.

    And yes, before you say it, I realize the Blood Elves and Draenei and Gnomes had their population decimated but they can still be Death Knights.

    That reason isn't the same. There was likely less than 20 Pandaren wandering around Azeroth. There wasn't even a big population on the Wandering Isle, so its unlikely the small population that left was even smaller.
    Worgens can be death knights and the worgens that became death knights in lore is only a single one. Its you and another worgen that have escaped arugal, that's it and one of them gets killed off in the starting quests. That is one single death knight in lore, i don't see how them being a handful would be a obstacle with that.

  11. #151
    The Patient HeroZero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Conifer, Colorado
    Posts
    309
    Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    That is one single death knight in lore, i don't see how them being a handful would be a obstacle with that.
    You are mistaking character development with lore. Think about it for a little bit, just because every other death knight kills an old friend now means there were only two humans, or two orcs? Your argument is rather silly if you actually take a few more minutes to think about it.

  12. #152
    Bloodsail Admiral rashen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,223
    Quote Originally Posted by HeroZero View Post
    You are mistaking character development with lore. Think about it for a little bit, just because every other death knight kills an old friend now means there were only two humans, or two orcs? Your argument is rather silly if you actually take a few more minutes to think about it.
    Its not silly, the worgens actually becoming death knights in lore managing to escape arugal were only two, the player is the only worgen death knight still standing in the lore. Every other worgen is a gilnean one, the gilnean ones had no contact with the lich king or arugal at all, which is were the worgens who became playable death knights is coming from having gotten away from the experiments of arugal. Heck they should not even be able to shapeshift into humans as a worgen death knight as the arugal ones really came from night elfs. The ONLY reason you see more then 1 worgen dk running around is for gameplay reasons alone.
    Last edited by rashen; 2013-05-11 at 07:30 AM.

  13. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    Worgens can be death knights and the worgens that became death knights in lore is only a single one. Its you and another worgen that have escaped arugal, that's it and one of them gets killed off in the starting quests. That is one single death knight in lore, i don't see how them being a handful would be a obstacle with that.
    How Worgen became DKs is pretty contrived. It would probably be even worse if Pandaren became DKs. Blizzard really shouldnt have opened up so many classes to so many races. It dilutes the unique characteristics of each race like Night Elves not liking arcane magic, not being mages, and being druids. You also get the problem of seeing everyone in SW is human and everyone in Org is a Blood Elf. Theres no variety, everyone looks the same. The only time you really see Tauren is if you have a druid in the group.

  14. #154
    Because they couldn't get drunk if they were undead. When you die your blood stops flowing so all that sweet sweet alcohol won't do any good since there's no bloodflow to the brain.

    And if you don't believe that, then because wizards.

  15. #155
    The Patient HeroZero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Conifer, Colorado
    Posts
    309
    Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    Its not silly, the worgens actually becoming death knights in lore managing to escape arugal were only two, the player is the only worgen death knight still standing in the lore. Every other worgen is a gilnean one, the gilnean ones had no contact with the lich king or arugal at all, which is were the worgens who became playable death knights is coming from having gotten away from the experiments of arugal. Heck they should not even be able to shapeshift into humans as a worgen death knight as the arugal ones really came from night elfs. The ONLY reason you see more then 1 worgen dk running around is for gameplay reasons alone.
    What I was attempting to get at with the lore vs character development was the fact that just because he says they were the only two does not mean that they were the only two. Considering the 'guy' you talk to 'escaped' where-as you did not, since you are dead and a death knight now. So how many other worgen made that transition due to other circumstances.

  16. #156
    Dreadlord MetalheroDamien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Where ever I am, there I am.
    Posts
    796
    Quote Originally Posted by HeroZero View Post
    What I was attempting to get at with the lore vs character development was the fact that just because he says they were the only two does not mean that they were the only two. Considering the 'guy' you talk to 'escaped' where-as you did not, since you are dead and a death knight now. So how many other worgen made that transition due to other circumstances.
    None, because you never see another worgen DK, other than players? I don't know if they can even be one of the people that you have to kill as your initial trial.
    Nostalgia is the hollow remnants of memories long gone.

    -Kaito Kumon (Kamen Rider Baron)

  17. #157
    pandaren death knights make more sense then worgen death knights.

    lorewise there is only one worgen death knight in the entire world and somehow he or she was allowed into the alliance... why? i dontknow probably the same reason wow allowed them to become dk varian probalby saw them and was like "oh meh glob you so cool sure you can join"

    there WERE pandaren adventurers like chen stormstout, yes they had lessened in recent years but they still existed, why would it be so hard to say ""we adventured from the turtle and look where it got us undead and cant even taste beer anymore"


    the only thing i can think of is that they couldnt figure out how to integrate the "choose your side" part into the death knight starting zone without breaking something and had to go "sorry guys we couldnt fix it so no dk for you"


    any other excuse is bullshit because if worgen dk can be made simply on the basis they are cool theres no reason pandaren couldnt unless the problem was mechanically
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  18. #158
    Dreadlord MetalheroDamien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Where ever I am, there I am.
    Posts
    796
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    pandaren death knights make more sense then worgen death knights.

    lorewise there is only one worgen death knight in the entire world and somehow he or she was allowed into the alliance... why? i dontknow probably the same reason wow allowed them to become dk varian probalby saw them and was like "oh meh glob you so cool sure you can join"

    there WERE pandaren adventurers like chen stormstout, yes they had lessened in recent years but they still existed, why would it be so hard to say ""we adventured from the turtle and look where it got us undead and cant even taste beer anymore"


    the only thing i can think of is that they couldnt figure out how to integrate the "choose your side" part into the death knight starting zone without breaking something and had to go "sorry guys we couldnt fix it so no dk for you"


    any other excuse is bullshit because if worgen dk can be made simply on the basis they are cool theres no reason pandaren couldnt unless the problem was mechanically
    Even the choose your side 'issue' isn't an issue, because there is tech built into the character creation set up to allow for choosing faction from it if needed. You see it when you make a premade 90 pandaren.
    Nostalgia is the hollow remnants of memories long gone.

    -Kaito Kumon (Kamen Rider Baron)

  19. #159
    The pandas were all level 90 the nothing could kill them. Just deal with it.

  20. #160
    Quote Originally Posted by Urufu View Post
    Even the choose your side 'issue' isn't an issue, because there is tech built into the character creation set up to allow for choosing faction from it if needed. You see it when you make a premade 90 pandaren.
    then who knows. i really wish they would add them to it. pandaren are my favorite race i waited since vanilla for blizz to add them and i cant even play as one on my main O-O
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •