Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Realy simple. Have u seen them before MoP in wow? I haven't. Would be stupid if this would be another thing that has been always there.. u see.

I dont get why druids can be Pandas... That also doesnt make sense. A Panda ( bear ) cant be a class that turns into bear...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Appel View Post
    Realy simple. Have u seen them before MoP in wow? I haven't. Would be stupid if this would be another thing that has been always there.. u see.
    I've played with one in Warcraft III... And WCIII is the main lore source for WoW.

We could not play them, but lore tell's us the oposite... Its like Onyxia, we kill her, but lorewise was King Varian that killed her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    I dont get why druids can be Pandas... That also doesnt make sense. A Panda ( bear ) cant be a class that turns into bear...
    Pandaren can't be druids, not in-game as a playable character

Pandas cannot be DK more for technical reasons, due too:

Pandas choose their faction as the leave their starting zone. DK's starting zone supersedes their race. DK's have a different instanced starting zone based on their faction.

So, in order to solve this issue panda DKs would either:
    1. Choose their faction before starting the game... which might be a bit confusing on the user interface.
    2. Have a separate panda DK starting zone (and let them choose at the end)... which would be a bit odd for players.

All in all, Blizz decided simply to prohibit panda DKs (and have to explain the bit of lore justifying it) rather than add the extra work to get this 1 class/race to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    I've played with one in Warcraft III... And WCIII is the main lore source for WoW.

We could not play them, but lore tell's us the oposite... Its like Onyxia, we kill her, but lorewise was King Varian that killed her.
    Realistically, there aren't many Pandaren that roamed around. Worgens and Goblins were alright, since they were around before Wrath (just not playable), but even if Pandaren could be death knight, there'd still be so few you'd barely see a Pandaren Death Knight.

They had to bend lore enough with the timeline to get worgen and goblins into the mix. I don't see it as a problem having ONE race that can't be a certain class, especially when that race was 99.9999% in isolation on the Wandering Isle or Pandaria when these events took place, and the other races of Azeroth largely only knew of pandaren through stories if that.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

Yes, but i said in wow.. Yes there was chen stormstout.. but we never seen him or never knew if he was aalive in the time circel wow started till now.. mop..

For all those saying that timeline is the main reason why Pandas can't be DK's, lorewise you wrong... Just see the Blizzcon anouncement of MoP.

The only reason i think that Pandas can't be DK's its that they tied with balance, not with anger, like most DK's. Because lorewise Pandas were there.
    I don't get what point you're trying to make. You DO know that that's THRALL in the voice over and not a pandaren right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    I don't get what point you're trying to make. You DO know that that's THRALL in the voice over and not a pandaren right?
    Matter of fact its Cris Metzen voice... Besides Thrall he also gives his voice to some other Characters.

Besides, whats the point in having Thrall comenting a X-Pack about... Pandas? This is in fact the way Blizzard found to justify Pandas .

Deleted
    Why can't the existing DK's just train pandas into one of them? They wouldn't need to have the same lore and starting quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Pandaren can't be druids, not in-game as a playable character
    I know, made mistake... not enough sleep...

10+ Year Old Account
    Matter of fact its Cris Metzen voice... Besides Thrall he also gives his voice to some other Characters.

Besides, whats the point in having Thrall comenting a X-Pack about... Pandas? This is in fact the way Blizzard found to justify Pandas .
    Metzen uses that voice to do all the Trailer-y stuff. He did it for the Cataclysm intro trailer.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The Patient AnotherInternetOpinion's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why cant Humans be Aliens? I really want a mouth that has another 2 heads inside!

Deleted
    How can people be so naive and faithful to Blizzard to hysterically believe that there is some genuine lore reason for such a decision?dafuq

Because they still think the lore of the game makes sense, ergo they're compelled to make game mechanics decisions based on lore.

(Nothing about the Cataclysm story made any sense, and many parts of Lich King were a reach at best, even by fantasy standards; trying to make up for it at this point is wasted effort.)

There were only a small handful of Pandaren outside of Pandaria during the time of the Lich King. Like maybe 2 Pandaren explorers (Chen being one.)

The Monk trainers that are in the world are simply there for start up continuity since the starting zones didn't get updated again after Cataclysm. Lore wise, your character is a new recruit that learned the ways of the Monk way after the events you play through early on. The game is one large time warp during the questing content.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalukki View Post
    Why can't the existing DK's just train pandas into one of them? They wouldn't need to have the same lore and starting quests.
    The Scourge Death Knights (what we have playable) were necromantically raised with a portion of Arthas's own power. Acherus Death Knights are limited in numbers and can't expand their ranks.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2013-05-10 at 11:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only reason i think that Pandas can't be DK's its that they tied with balance, not with anger, like most DK's. Because lorewise Pandas were there.
    That's the thing, when races become Death Knights, they're stripped of some of their past self. That's how it worked within the questline at the starter area, you were given a quest to kill one of your comrades and you did it without question, hell one of the races you played as was apart of the Argent Dawn, if that's not a complete change then I don't know what is.. You're controlled by the Lich King during that questline up until Light's Hope where you realize the error of your ways and try to improve; it works for Pandaren.

The Pandaren the Lich King raises in that timeline could be wanderers because it has been stated that there were Pandaren that wandered outside of Pandaria/the Turtle, Chen being one of those few.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2013-05-10 at 11:13 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    The Scourge Death Knights (what we have playable) were necromantically raised with a portion of Arthas's own power. Acherus Death Knights are limited in numbers and can't expand their ranks.
    Don't you think the player DKs (if they were raised in the third war) would have rotted into skeletons already? Yet they look intact almost like living.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalukki View Post
    Don't you think the player DKs (if they were raised in the third war) would have rotted into skeletons already? Yet they look intact almost like living.
    The Forsaken have been wandering around about a decade in lore time rotting with their bones hanging out.

Magic.