Deleted

MW help on herioc amber amber shaper (and empress)

Afternoon

This week its quite possible that ill be doing heroic amber shaper (and empress) with a new guild. Ill most likely be healing as MW, as this is the first time ive ever raided with this guild im keen to make a good impression. Any advice you can give on the fight, and healing it as a mistweaver would be great Its a fight that always worries me on normal, due to the vehicle part.

Any advice or instruction would be great!

Sadly i cant post links on the forums yet, but my armory is suiki on draenor horde, and in world of logs ive been running with the guild kin, on draenor horde.

Again thanks

Suiki

pretty tricky encounter for mw. SM from the statue could target and heal the member with the parasitic debuff, same goes for RM jumping to him, so you also have to be careful with using uplift.
    Its a pretty straight forward fight for mws. I assume you do p1 burn, p2 is similar to normal and p3 is where most healing is really needed. Entering p3 with refreshed rm on raid and start spamming uplift will make a difference.

Deleted
    Amber Shaper;

Ask the guild to create /cancelaura Renewing Mist macros and explain politely you cannot control who Renewing Mist jumps to, make sure you call people who get parasite but aren't cancelling your ReM. Fistweaving is pretty ridiculous on this fight, there's two reliable targets in melee range which boosts the value of Xuen by a tonne. There are no real plannable points to use TFT apart from the stomps, so I'd just use it as much as possible because there'll be a fair amount of damage going out regardless.

A big part of being calm in the construct is having a good boss mods layout, make sure you can see when you are exploding and when the boss mods predicts the boss will explode. Depending on their tactic they'll either expect you as a healer to get out ASAP or maybe even drink a few puddles, so make sure you're completely clear on that. Having a debuff watcher so you can maintain stacks as best as you can wouldn't be a terrible idea either.

Apart from that, Life Cocoon is strong at keeping parasite players alive, Dampen Harm and Diffuse magic are both alright choices for the fight.

Empress;
    Take Chi Burst (Wave if 10 I guess), Chi Brew, Dampen Harm, and Chi Torpedo. In her non-add phases, you're in melee to fistweave and avoid getting the debuff. This means you have no excuse for not being able to monitor the fields and time your TFT accordingly and have 4 chi banked for when it explodes to get everyone topped ASAP. Dampen Harm is amazing for soaking the explosions, Zen Meditation is equally as good if two are going off in succession by accident, if you die on this fight at any point it is undeniably your own fault.

In the add phases, soothing a tank for stabilization and keep ReM on the raid. If your tank is getting unsteady dump the Chi on Enveloping, if not dump it on uplift. Have your LC on clutch because there's a fair chance one of your tanks will need it.

Final Phase is basically a healing burn phase, try to keep SCK to a minimum and only when the raid as a whole is at a deficit. Zen Meditation is very useful here again if you want to solo soak your Heart of Fear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    Amber Shaper;

Ask the guild to create /cancelaura Renewing Mist macros and explain politely you cannot control who Renewing Mist jumps to, make sure you call people who get parasite but aren't cancelling your ReM. .
    This pretty much :P

Deleted
    Thanks for the macro idea! Wish i had known about that on 10m normal I am doing 10m btw, think the main thing i need is to sort out my boss mods so i can clearly see the boss and my own explosions

If you're going with the strat of maintaining stacks on him through p2 to make p3 shorter, then have Xuen up for p3 and use eminence healing (I prefer CJL for it on this phase). I've had Xuen practically solo heal the phase for me before on our first kills because we messed up making the slimes hit each other (they totally hit!) and had to just kite them around for the rest of the phase. Odds are your parasite victim during that phase will die, but that'd likely happen regardless due to the amount of healing being spammed.

If you're going with a normal p2/p3, disregard the above advice. His stacks won't be high enough (at least initially) to warrant eminence over uplift.

Deleted
    On empress, depending on your healer setup, be ready to spam the hell out of one of the tanks in add phase.

Other than that, empress is pretty straight forward.

Amber-shaper is still pretty RNG, but all that talk about cancelaura thingy, dont worry too much. unless your raid is clueless, it will never be a problem.

Deleted
    Okay, first of all. If you truly want help you should specify 10-man or 25-man. You specified in a later post you did 10-man but still.

Second, people here recommending you to tell your raid to make a /cancelaura macro for renewing mist. This is not a good idea. If they have this boss on farm, then have a new guy coming in and telling them all to use a cancel aura macro for a fight they have no problem with usually? No, this will not make a good impression. The cancel aura is not necessary either way, you just have to make sure not to do mindless uplifts.

If the guild is progressing this boss and parasite targets are dying (1. not counting p3. 2. I have never seen this problem.) then make sure you have assigned one of the healers to be the one to heal the parasite target (be ready to take over if other healer gets reshape life. If you are healing with a disc, then he should do it. Otherwise it might aswell be you, since it's likely your RM will be on him anyway. If the parasite targets are still dying in p1 or p2, are they taking high unecessary damage? Standing in stomp, pools, fling - requiring more healing and then also making the parasite tick harder? Tell them to stop being scrubs.

Have you done all the above? Then no one should be dying from parasite.

Deleted
    Thanks for the responses To be clear, no this guild does not have the fights on farm, its the first time we would be doing empress and one of the first on amber shaper. The other healers are a disc priest and a holy pally, so im sure ill be last on the parasite healing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saozin View Post
    Okay, first of all. If you truly want help you should specify 10-man or 25-man. You specified in a later post you did 10-man but still.

Second, people here recommending you to tell your raid to make a /cancelaura macro for renewing mist. This is not a good idea. If they have this boss on farm, then have a new guy coming in and telling them all to use a cancel aura macro for a fight they have no problem with usually? No, this will not make a good impression. The cancel aura is not necessary either way, you just have to make sure not to do mindless uplifts.
    What? This is terrible advice... the OP has next to no experience on the fight, and there's enough to worry about without having our primary source of AE healing gimped because you're too shy to ask people to make a simple macro.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    What? This is terrible advice... the OP has next to no experience on the fight, and there's enough to worry about without having our primary source of AE healing gimped because you're too shy to ask people to make a simple macro.
    Well I have done this fight with 2 healers, with me healing parasite and me not healing parasite. I have done this with 3 healers, with me healing parasite and me not healing parasite. There has never been a problem with the parasite, and I also have good healing rank on the fight without that macro. So that's why I don't think the macro is necessary.

Deleted
    Progressing on a fight and killing something on farm are two completely different environments, the more unstable your raid is the more you're going to need to Uplift, and the more that macro comes in use.

Deleted
    Well I have done this fight with 2 healers, with me healing parasite and me not healing parasite. I have done this with 3 healers, with me healing parasite and me not healing parasite. There has never been a problem with the parasite, and I also have good healing rank on the fight without that macro. So that's why I don't think the macro is necessary.
    I agree with you. There's no reason to make that macro.

Deleted
    and how many of those times u had a disc priest shielding all the damage done by the parasite? it is usefull when ur doing this without absorbs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vamonos View Post
    and how many of those times u had a disc priest shielding all the damage done by the parasite? it is usefull when ur doing this without absorbs
    Weird question but. I have 7 ambershaper hc kills on my monk, 2 of those have had a disc in them. Mostly it's a Rdruid, sometimes a pala.