Poll: What do you listen to?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Hawaiian, country, alternative rock, but mostly nothing while playing WoW. If everyone is asleep I'll turn off the sound entirely and enjoy some peace and quiet while bashing in a few skulls.

10+ Year Old Account
    melodic deathmetal / metalcore

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much everything except most country with the exception of Johnny Cash. I'm also not a huge fan of dubstep, but there are a FEW songs I can listen to.

Deleted
    usually listen to jazz, a little armstrong, ella fitzgerald, miles davies get me in the raiding mood

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Either the in-game music, video game soundtracks, or the '80s 90s & today" station on slacker.

Edit: Anyone listen to symphonic metal?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    I listen to pretty much everything. I'm probably the easiest person in the world to get along with musically. I have everything from Stephen Sondheim showtunes, to 90's alternative, to hip hop, house, trance, metal, country, obscure 80's goth, classical guitar, reggaeton, and jazz piano on my iTunes.

About the only types of music I don't like are screamo, bachata, salsa, and pop cumbia.
    Last edited by RicardoZ; 2013-02-22 at 06:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Epic action orchestra/soundtracks/trance/techno/hard style techno/hard style trance/electronic/progressive/some game music from various other games. Mostly orchestra now though stuff like
    Last edited by Hellravager; 2013-02-22 at 07:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Anyone listen to symphonic metal?
    Symphonic power metal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXMzqCWcPKU

Deleted
    I dont see hardcore, whys there not hardcore angerfist / dj paul elstak pwns in music

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    Not everyone who plays is 14. Opera fan here
    sometimes i listen to Carmen when i get in a good bgs group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Think I mostly listen to rock and metal, not all sub-genres. Often melodic and alternative. But I have everything from some heavier metal to classic music in my list.

I absolutely can't stand jazz, 99% of rap, most hip hop, opera, dubstep and the like. Probably forgetting a ton of genres as well.
    And I Hardly ever pay attention to lyrics, don't even know the lyrics of my favorite songs..

It don't mean a thing if you ain't got that swing! <3

But really, lots of different stuff. My tastes vary quite a bit. Electro-swing, classic rock, reggae, some pop, alternative... There's definitely individual songs of any given genre I'm inclined to enjoy. Oh, and I love when genres like metal add string instruments to the mix! Symphonic stuff! Apocalyptica is awesome.
    Last edited by Roulette Kneebasha; 2013-02-22 at 10:31 PM.

"There is a thin, semantic line separating weird and beautiful. And that line is covered in jellyfish." - Welcome to Night Vale.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have too many various genres in my play list to say 'this is what I listen to'.

I listen to good music (My take on good music). That's about all I can define.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

I like classic rock and grunge, mostly, but I listen to a ton of things.

Had to go with "Other". Big band, vocal jazz, lounge, standards, soft rock, classic rock. And so on and so on.

Edit for quote:

Quote Originally Posted by Roulette Kneebasha View Post
    It don't mean a thing if you ain't got that swing! <3

But really, lots of different stuff. My tastes vary quite a bit. Electro-swing, classic rock, reggae, some pop, alternative... There's definitely individual songs of any given genre I'm inclined to enjoy. Oh, and I love when genres like metal add string instruments to the mix! Symphonic stuff! Apocalyptica is awesome.
    That was pretty damn awesome.
    Last edited by Gizmoe; 2013-02-22 at 11:20 PM.

There you go, Scrapbot. Is my Signature small enough now? Will you finally shut up, you automated pretentious &##(@)!?

Basically everything, but some types of music are far less interesting to me than others (dubstep and rap are very rare for me to like, for instance, though there are a couple of exceptions).

Classical, Classic Rock

Metal, Classical and Rock for me.
    Metal is basically the music I use to calm myself with, Classic is whenever I'm trying to concentrate, while Rock is for just about everything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

Deleted
    Why did you put such a shitty poll? Theres 15 options..
    U forgot:

Rock
    Hardstyle
    House
    Hardcore
    Trance
    Dance
    Pop
    R&B
    Hip-hop
    etc.

U seem to only grasp the "alternative" styles, not the mainstream ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had to vote [Other Styles]. I listen to a lot of rock, all different subgenres but my favorite is Industrial Metal, specifically "Neue Deutsche Härte." I also enjoy mid-to-late 90s Westcoast rap. Love music in general and I don't limit myself to those two categories, they're just my favorites.