Deleted

Bladestorm More of A waste Now?

Wondering what peoples take is on bladestorm It actually used to be viable and now with the longer cd and not huge damage it seems like a wasted talent in the tree. Does get you out of roots etc but so does safeguard. I did enjoy bladestorm wrecking people with it.

Noticed one thing if people never knew it does get you out of shockwave also.

Daani

I never saw where the CD was increased? I thought they where buffing it by not allowing you to be disarmed during it now.

If you really enjoy Bladestorm there are a few tricks you can try with it but they both work while NOT as Arms.

Protection - Bladestorm does DOUBLE damage while used as a protection warrior.
    Fury - Use a 1 hander with a 2 hander to gain extremely high PvP power with x2 attacks on each target per second.

Deleted
    I meant more for current patch if im correct the CD used to be 1 min and now its 1.5 mins and the damage doesn't seem great.

Bladestorm will beat out dragonroar on large aoe packs. Not sure where the exact number of adds makes bladestorm > dragonroar.

In PvP its just good as a root breaker, I haven't used it in pvp for a while now.

Deleted
    Yes I was just looking at it from pvp Pov, I know shock wave is always favorite but just trying blade storm for lolz damage was very poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Daani View Post
    I meant more for current patch if im correct the CD used to be 1 min and now its 1.5 mins and the damage doesn't seem great.
    Bladestorm's been a 1.5 minute cd for sometime now. The only changes recently is the disarm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daani View Post
    Bladestorm hasn't ONCE been a 60 second cooldown- always been 90 seconds.

Damage, this is more for AoE- 120% weapon damage WW to all targets 7 times in 6 seconds, or a total of 840% weapon damage - for the single use, it deals more damage then every other ability a warrior has at his disposal, including Dragon Roar.

In a PvP enviroment, though, it tends to be trumped by either the stun of Shockwave, or the burst capability of Dragon Roar. BS is really more useful in RBGs- You can use it to break out of a CC chain and stop enemy actions on your flag that your guarding, which Intervene, Shockwave, and Dragon Roar wouldnt be able to do.

So, yea, mostly a burst AoE move for PvE, or, for pvp, a trinket on a 90 second cooldown. Its not taken for single target damage.

---------- Post added 2013-02-22 at 10:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by galvin View Post
    Bladestorm will beat out dragonroar on large aoe packs. Not sure where the exact number of adds makes bladestorm > dragonroar.

In PvP its just good as a root breaker, I haven't used it in pvp for a while now.
    Per use, Bladestorm will, quite simply, beat Dragon Roar for AoE. On the other hand, for long aoE (Wind Lord Heroic), You can get more usage out of Dragon Roar then you can out of Blade Storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Not tryed bladestorm since cata. The few warriors i see bladestorming i usually just ignore since the damage is quite low, unless ofc they popped cds. You can porbably have some fun with bladestorm in BG's, but i would never recommend it for arena while shockwave is still OP.
    mmo-champion has become full of trolls and bad admins.

Deleted
    Yes I just felt the damage to be weak then when it used to be a ability we must use.

Bladestorm is very good for challenge mod

Deleted
    From PvP perspective bladestorm is decent for rbg's and bg's once you get PvE weapon.

But from PvE perspective bladestorm is viable talent if encounter needs heavy AoE burst, but it's also good for challenge modes.

Deleted
    Agree I was purely talking from a PvP point of View.

PvP I use it sometimes if I run double dps mirrored 4 melee in the match. A sweeping strike BS with cooldowns can easily drop someone to sub 40% and the other around 60 by myself. Aside from that I only take BS in random bgs if I have multiple healers on my team (10/15 mans).

Quote Originally Posted by Athorha View Post
    PvP I use it sometimes if I run double dps mirrored 4 melee in the match. A sweeping strike BS with cooldowns can easily drop someone to sub 40% and the other around 60 by myself. Aside from that I only take BS in random bgs if I have multiple healers on my team (10/15 mans).
    If you're popping CD's on someone while they're at 100%, you're not really using your cooldowns effectively...

Hurr durr, I got them to 40 and 60% and no longer have the burst to finish them. GG?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Athorha View Post
    Why do you use sweeping strikes with bladestorm? Unless you glyphed it to gain rage while SS is active?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing on the PTR for a while.

I'm playing Titans Grip Fury and the damage from Bladestorm is just amazing.

hc pve wep + t2 pvp wep as TG fury i can clean up 10+ players on a flag in less than 5 seconds as bloodbath storm spec

Deleted
    Tom Cruise's Take:

On a more serious note, it looks good on the PTR.