Page 1 of 2
LastLast

5.2 Resto buffs?

There have been a lot of posts and even tweets by Blizzard about how Resto is getting a big buff in 5.2. However I have yet to say any confirmation, real numbers, data mining or anything. Is there ANY confirmation of this?

15+ Year Old Account
    They got a 10% overall buff and a shroom healing buff, though they did get a displacer nerf.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Restoration

Naturalist: This new passive learned at level 10 by Restoration Druids increases all healing done by the Druid by 10%.

Wild Mushrooms will now gain 75% of the overhealing performed by the Druid’s Rejuvenation effects, up to a maximum of 100% of the Druid’s health in bonus healing, and growing larger as they do so. When Wild Mushroom: Bloom is cast, this bonus healing will be divided evenly amongst targets in the area of effect.

5.2 Patch Notes (PTR)

rejuv mana cost reduced too

nothing that really fixes the tendency for hots to overheal so much

Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    nothing that really fixes the tendency for hots to overheal so much
    nor that absording effects apply before healing effects. Easy to top meters with disc priest when all "healing" done via absord shields are 100% effective.

not that overhealing is really important, but there is something I am curious about, in 5.2 when you cast shrooms and they get charged with your overhealing from rejuvenation, and then you put new set of shrooms without blooming the previous (charged up)ones, does such action count as an overhealing? I mean - is charging and not blooming - an overheal? Only matters for recount overhealing stats I guess.

Also there should be some mechanic, that would give us back some of that unused shrooms charge as mana.

I am thinking 3-6%, 1-2% of the charge of each ditched shroom.
    Last edited by mikoslav; 2013-02-19 at 08:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    They got a 10% overall buff and a shroom healing buff, though they did get a displacer nerf.
    Isnt really a not nerf. The sprint is way better. How often does it happens that you actually get stealth from Displacer? Due to every single class having a dps DoT you never stayed in stealth for more then max a second.
    Last edited by Machomaije; 2013-02-19 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Machomaije View Post
    Isnt really a nerf. The sprint is way better. How often does it happens that you actually get stealth from Displacer? Due to every single class having a dps DoT you never stayed in stealth for more then max a second.
    It's a PVP nerf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Displacer beast acts as feign death it detargets you
    i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
    OCZ Arc 100 x2 (240g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨
    Kingston HyperX 8 gig 2400.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 OC.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shifthappens View Post
    Displacer beast acts as feign death it detargets you
    Yea, but its not really that hard to set focusframe on the target again. Every half-decent player have target and focus macros anyway. As far as i've seen on the PTR, its not a nerf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, but its not really that hard to set focusframe on the target again. Every half-decent player have target and focus macros anyway. As far as i've seen on the PTR, its not a nerf.
    While yes its not really a nerf, its also not really a buff, with current DB u vanish and it detargets you, thats enough to avoid things like warrior's bullshit dmg, for few sec, new DB will allow u to get behind a box faster, but thats about it, every class has some sort of way to get back at you.
    i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
    OCZ Arc 100 x2 (240g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨
    Kingston HyperX 8 gig 2400.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 OC.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø

Druid 5.2 Patch Notes, sadly this will probably only make us competitive - not the best.

- Cenarion Ward now grants 100% increased healing.

- Rejuvenation now costs approximately 9% less mana.

- The Treants summoned by Force of Nature now deal more damage and healing, and the Force of Nature tooltip will report the capabilities of these summoned pets.

- Soul of the Forest - Restoration: Now grants 70% Haste on the next spell cast after the Druid casts Swiftmend.

- Nature's Vigil now has a 90 second cooldown (was 3 minutes), and now increases damage and healing done by 10% (was 20%).

- Naturalist: This new passive learned at level 10 by Restoration Druids increases all healing done by the Druid by 10%.

- Wild Mushrooms will now gain 75% of the overhealing performed by the Druid’s Rejuvenation effects, up to a maximum of 100% of the Druid’s health in bonus healing, and growing larger as they do so. When Wild Mushroom: Bloom is cast, this bonus healing will be divided evenly amongst targets in the area of effect.

- Revive and Mark of the Wild now cost 55% less mana.

Plus a bug fix:

- It is no longer possible for a weaker application of Living Seed to overwrite a stronger one.

Tier 14 Resto Set Bonuses:

- T14 Restoration 2P Bonus - Reduces the mana cost of your Rejuvenation spell by 10%.
    - T14 Restoration 4P Bonus - Reduces the cooldown of your Swiftmend spell by 3 sec.

Quote Originally Posted by iadamson View Post
    Druid 5.2 Patch Notes, sadly this will probably only make us competitive - not the best.
    Sad that they changes will make you competitive, aka balanced? Sounds like the changes are good then.

Quote Originally Posted by killername View Post
    Sad that they changes will make you competitive, aka balanced? Sounds like the changes are good then.
    Yeah, I should rephrase that, more like viable among the lower tier healers.

Still far behind paladins and disc priests.

I know balance is good, but as a resto druid in raiding, i'd prefer to be over powered. with the best of them lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shifthappens View Post
    While yes its not really a nerf, its also not really a buff, with current DB u vanish and it detargets you, thats enough to avoid things like warrior's bullshit dmg, for few sec, new DB will allow u to get behind a box faster, but thats about it, every class has some sort of way to get back at you.
    Druids already have many ways to run beind a pillar and stealth but I use this on my boomkin for when ever melee switch on me so i can displacer right before people start to dot me and I can stay stealthed, I use it to confuse people in rbgs thinking that I am dead when I am not. Druids already have so many ways to travel quick, we do not need another, hence why this is a nerf.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Displacer Beast -> Clone
    Displacer Beast -> Pounce

both pro shit used by most druids.

The Shrooms buff sounds very interesting, I hope it doesn't get reverted due to technical difficulties.

Deleted
    Its an overall buff even in pvp. Healing is what they lack, not survivability

I could go either way on the Displacer Beast change. I suppose it's a nerf, but I generally enjoy using Wild Charge more anyway, so it's not going to bother me much.

The straight throughput increase is a big deal, that should tack on a fair bit of survivability. I don't feel like mobility or control are problems for us at all right now, just throughput.

Deleted
    Its not that its hard to retarget someone. Its that it drops you from target while the enemy is casting thus denying the enemy from casting said cast on you.
    That is a great tool in pvp. Displacing, melding or feighning a CC can be gamebreaking. Its a nerf however you wish to see it