Poll: Which LVL 75 Talent has your preference from now for 5.3 ?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    There are much better glyphs for pvp than AW one.

Besides I dont think anything tops HA+AW burst in pvp. If necessary they can be used sepereatly every minute with trinket. For me HA wins.

Deleted
    Sanctified Wrath, I just love this talent as retri. I think the randomness of Divine Purpose is more of a Protection thing because it works well with Unbreakable spirit for even shorter divine protection cooldown but Sanctified wrath is just part of my dps now, I can't do without it, when I blow my cds I wanna feel like I throw a hammer of wrath every other ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenia View Post
    Sanctified Wrath, I just love this talent as retri. I think the randomness of Divine Purpose is more of a Protection thing because it works well with Unbreakable spirit for even shorter divine protection cooldown but Sanctified wrath is just part of my dps now, I can't do without it, when I blow my cds I wanna feel like I throw a hammer of wrath every other ability.
    DivPurp is awful for Prot, specifically because of what you mentioned. Randomness is terrible as a tank, we want control over our resources. This is exactly why Prot gears for haste and out of avoidance; to achieve control over resources.

Furthermore, HA for Prot is an amazing defensive cooldown, with some extra offense laced in. I'm sure GIDfly will chime in about the benefits of SW for Prot too, if you ask nicely. While I don't use SW personally as Prot, I would definitely use it long before I used DivPurp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    DivPurp is awful for Prot, specifically because of what you mentioned. Randomness is terrible as a tank, we want control over our resources. This is exactly why Prot gears for haste and out of avoidance; to achieve control over resources.

Furthermore, HA for Prot is an amazing defensive cooldown, with some extra offense laced in. I'm sure GIDfly will chime in about the benefits of SW for Prot too, if you ask nicely. While I don't use SW personally as Prot, I would definitely use it long before I used DivPurp.
    If Divine Purpose was boosted to 30% for Prot and 27 or 28% for Ret, it would probably be more useful.
    Last edited by Reith; 2013-02-27 at 02:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    If Divine Purpose was boosted to 30% for Prot and 27 or 28% for Ret, it would probably be more useful.
    I think Divine Purpose should be increased to 30% for at least Ret and Prot. Infact it could probably even be 35% and not be too powerful seeing as how its Rng.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    I think Divine Purpose should be increased to 30% for at least Ret and Prot. Infact it could probably even be 35% and not be too powerful seeing as how its Rng.
    35% would definitely be too much for Ret... 30% is even pushing it for Ret, because it scales with itself. More procs = more TVs = more procs, which is why 27-28% is an odd number, but I think 30% would be a little too much.

35% would definitely be too much for Ret... 30% is even pushing it for Ret, because it scales with itself. More procs = more TVs = more procs, which is why 27-28% is an odd number, but I think 30% would be a little too much.
    I don't think 30% on Divine Purpose would make it better than Avenging Wrath honestly. And I think its only fair that Divine Purpose actually competes with Avenging Wrath in terms of dps. After all the talents are suppose to be about choice and currently there isn't much of a choice with our tier 75 talents.

10+ Year Old Account
    This new buff to Sword of Light is making Holy Avenger a solid contender to Sanctified Wrath now, in my opinion... Will have to see what the simulations look like between the two. But I did vote for Sanctified Wrath before the change :P
    Last edited by Dmchomerun; 2013-02-27 at 04:47 AM.
    Exorcising Undead in the name of the Silver Hand!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...homerun/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post

It really depends on the fight and when you need the resources. If you are solo tanking the entire time and there isn't a specific time that you NEED holy avenger often divine purpose is better. Over the course of the fight some places where you would use cs end up not needing them due to good rng, other times you just use the cds as normal. Prot paladins of all tanks benefit the greatest from damage smoothing due to SoI and haste stacking if this damage can be smoothed over even more the mana saved by your healers and the additional slack with your cds that you wouldn't normally have is there. I did all but 2 challenge modes tanked with divine purpose easily. And our prot paladin tank hardly needs any cds on heroic windlord due to how you can stack up the procs and weave your cds in between.

Yes sometimes rng is a bitch, but it always is regardless of what you happen to choose to pick up. The average buff uptime is quite substantial between the two.

Deleted
    Holy Avenger all the way, especially with wings down to 2 mins.

Reason for is im doing alot of PvP, and i simply love the burst this is giving me, not many can survive it when im pwning ppl with my sis feral drood

In PvE, its not bad either, and always gives me the lead on DPS meter, though dropping alot after that, i hope the new set bonus and the SoL buff will close the gap between me and other melee's.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    There are much better glyphs for pvp than AW one.

Besides I dont think anything tops HA+AW burst in pvp. If necessary they can be used sepereatly every minute with trinket. For me HA wins.
    I think it's a matter of feeling with DP. Some like everything to be planned like with a chronometer, and that's mostly the way the game works, and I understand that. But when DP procs 5 times, I have no wings on my back, no " trinket or HA " icons can be seen by the enemy to alert him (and eventually cc), and I guess he's wondering " He's hitting me like a truck ! How does he do that ? I couldn't expect it ! ". That " good surprise " in terms of unexpected important damage or healing (for me or the enemy) gives me very much fun, and that's the important thing. It takes things away from " he used HA, I have 2 minutes of rest ". Nothing can be planned, for the best and the worst, and that's what I like with DP. The " cycle " thing bores me more than the RNG. Of course, that's not the best " optimized way of playing " ... but funnier for me, and that's more than enough

10+ Year Old Account
    PvP paladins just got 2min aw. That makes sw a 50% more powerful choice than it is now. Same can be said about holy avenger now that we'll be able to stack them together every 2mins. I wouldn't pick a 30% DP over HA come next season.

In PvP:

the only problem with HA and SW is that you will probably be CC'ed soon as you pop wings and HA, making you wait another 3 mins (2 mins in 5.2) before you can put out any decent pressure. I do use HA in arenas (2's) because of the burst required. in BG's i use DP, because although it RNG, its passive and most of the time i get 2-4 back-to-back procs and can use those procs to heal and dps pretty decently

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I find HA to be more fun for those burst moments and watching 1000k's of hp melt away in seconds, i haven't tried the others not counting my time with DP in cata, SW sounds boring to me even if many consider it the best i'll never go it.

Haven't decided quite yet, but right now I am leaning toward SW. HA is still nice, but maybe after I have more time to test both out a little more, I can decide for sure.

All-around I think Holy Avenger is the winner. Sanc Wrath requires too much uninterrupted uptime on the same or nearby target, which is hardly a luxury in this tier, and Divine Purpose is just weak. Plus for those situations where you have to do a LOT of AoE damage, LIKERIGHTNOW, you just can't beat HA.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellmist View Post
    In PvP:

the only problem with HA and SW is that you will probably be CC'ed soon as you pop wings and HA, making you wait another 3 mins (2 mins in 5.2) before you can put out any decent pressure. I do use HA in arenas (2's) because of the burst required. in BG's i use DP, because although it RNG, its passive and most of the time i get 2-4 back-to-back procs and can use those procs to heal and dps pretty decently
    Back to back procs can rarely be as usefull as Holy Avengers Wrath burst.

-First of all they dont happen too often.
    -Second you cant ensure uptime for consecutive TVs, your trinket/freedom/stun might be on cooldown and there is enemy cooldowns too.
    -Third you cant rely on DP for survival.
    -Fourth even if you get the uptime and procs the damage is still nowhere near the amount of HA+SW.

I too did random BGs with DP but after 5.2 i dont see any reason to go back to DP ever again.

TV does far less damage than harsh word at low lvl. alot less on top of melee range restriction =(