Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Best case scenario he'll get second degree. Even if it had been an intruder, he unlawfully opened fire with an intent to kill while his life was not in danger.

Personally, I'm certain he intentionally killed her. His whole story of, "I didn't have my legs so I felt scared like a little babby girl." is utter bullshit. He's a grown man, not every bump in the night is a boogy-man trying to kill you.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    He should go to jail for mansalughter at the very lest. You know a friend is in the house, and you start shooting at someone without knowing who it is?
    Hes being charged with pre meditated murder so there must be evidence to at least point in that direction that we aren't seeing.

wtf living with your partner, hearing some noises from bathroom will not make you go and shoot through the door, UNLESS you want to kill her. I rly can't see how anyone would buy that stupid story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by loganroth51 View Post
    I would think you would ask who is at your door before you start firing shots at it.
    This, seem's a bit off that neither of them speaks a word throughout this entire ordeal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    It's weird, Because witnesses say they heard them arguing, Then 2-3Gun shots, then 15 minutes later, 2-3 more....That sounds in no way at all plausible for it to be him mistaking her for a burglar:S
    Prosecutors laying out their case against Pistorius on the second day of his bail hearing in Pretoria said they have a female witness who heard the shouting "between 2am and 3am", Sky News reports.

But under cross-examination the police officer leading the investigation said the witness's house is 600 metres from Pistorius's home

Read more: http://www.theweek.co.uk/crime/oscar...#ixzz2LeGoyWId

That's about a 3rd of a mile away....now unless that argument was with bullhorns someones mistaken / lying

Quote Originally Posted by Zonas View Post
    Best case scenario he'll get second degree. Even if it had been an intruder, he unlawfully opened fire with an intent to kill while his life was not in danger.
    When there's actually an intruder, waiting to make sure you're "really" in danger * before you respond is a good way to end up dead.

---------- Post added 2013-02-22 at 05:10 PM ----------

One general comment: I do find it hard to believe someone so well known could murder their partner so clumsily and expect to get away with it. Then again, he wouldn't be the first...

* EDIT: I misspoke here, I mean making sure you're in FATAL danger rather than just in danger of non-fatal injury or burglary.
    Last edited by Magpai; 2013-02-22 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AestostheInsane View Post
    It's absolutely stupid that he's gonna get away with this... even us gun crazy americans don't shoot someone we can't see... this is just a prime example of ignorance... I don't believe for a second he didn't intend to kill her.
    no, it's a prime example of how corrupt the judicial system is in South Africa.

A lot of people are forgetting, this is South Africa, it is still a dangerous country - my friend is a saffie and from the stories he's told me, I don't really want to go there. I'm not excusing him though, on the contrary, in a country so violent, you should be be perceptive and vigilant about your loved ones.
    Last edited by willtron; 2013-02-22 at 05:14 PM.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

But Botha is an idiot and thankfully he's been taken off the case.

I'd say he's guilty as the day is long. He will go down for this, that's a given. The only thing they need to figure out is for what crime and for how long.

---------- Post added 2013-02-22 at 05:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    When there's actually an intruder, waiting to make sure you're "really" in danger before you respond is a good way to end up dead.

---------- Post added 2013-02-22 at 05:10 PM ----------

One general comment: I do find it hard to believe someone so well known could murder their partner so clumsily and expect to get away with it. Then again, he wouldn't be the first...
    *cough*OJ*cough*

---------- Post added 2013-02-22 at 05:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    When there's actually an intruder, waiting to make sure you're "really" in danger before you respond is a good way to end up dead.
    Whilst this is true you'd at least call out their girlfriends name to check before opening fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Navitas View Post
    Whilst this is true you'd at least call out their girlfriends name to check before opening fire.
    Yeah, that remark was more generalizing when you know there's an intruder. You're still right though even in that case. I've also made an addendum to that comment above.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Also what Rich says, He shot her 4times apparently, And why the hell would you shoot at someone 4times if you didn't want to kill them? It's bullshit, he knew it was her, Why the hell would you suspect just because someone's using the bathroom, it must be a burglar? He deserves hard time, and if he wasn't an "Olympic hero" you can bet he Wouldn't get bail
    if i didnt have legs i would shoot 14 times

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    He deserves manslaughter, anyone who fires a weapon without identifying the target deserves punishment.
    but isn't it his home? so he gets to do anything, and i mean anything inside of it.

Quote Originally Posted by kuruptz View Post
    if i didnt have legs i would shoot 14 times
    Why is having legs relevant? You have a gun, you don't need legs...

---------- Post added 2013-02-22 at 05:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    but isn't it his home? so he gets to do anything, and i mean anything inside of it.

????

Nope

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    no, it's a prime example of how corrupt the judicial system is in South Africa.

A lot of people are forgetting, this is South Africa, it is still a dangerous country - my friend is a saffie and from the stories he's told me, I don't really want to go there. I'm not excusing him though, on the contrary, in a country so violent, you should be be perceptive and vigilant about your loved ones.
    Yeah, I used to work with some South Africans, and the stories they told me made me think that in a place like that you kind of do want to be armed and vigilant.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I hope he gets the charges reduced dramatically or dropped all together.

Thoughts?
    He still killed her. She is dead because of him and he deserves to get punished for it. There is people spending years in jail for doing less.

Personally I think everyone who kills someone should get the exact same punishment. Self-defence can alter it, but there was no clear threat here, only terrible judgment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Yeah, I used to work with some South Africans, and the stories they told me made me think that in a place like that you kind of do want to be armed and vigilant.
    It's more like a place you'd want to leave, which is why so many of them have.

Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    Why is having legs relevant? You have a gun, you don't need legs...

---------- Post added 2013-02-22 at 05:18 PM ----------

????

Nope
    yup. it's his property.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Apparently people who knew them best think they were in a pretty damn happy relationship. I'm reserving judgment, but I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility that an accident could have occurred due to fear, especially in South Africa.
    imo a rage ending in tragedy is also likely. either way, proving premeditation is a tough row to hoe, especially with the prosecution being a very public clusterfuck
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

They should've taken his feet away before they let him out on bail. He is a runner after all. The other strange thing is wtf is 104,000 dollar bail? Seems small and random.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I would find it odd that a burgler would lock himself in a bathroom, plus I read somewhere he lived in a secure area which may have have some form of security guards. Also if had to get his gun from under his bed as he said in his statement wouldnt he realise she was gone from the bed? This all seems to be a bit of an over reactment from just hearing a noise

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    yup. it's his property.
    So if you get someone inside your home, then you are entitled to do anything you want to them?