Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    *shrug* True democracy rules in the LFR. (True democracy is a terrifying, terrifying thing).

Had I been in the group, I probably wouldn't have started the vote to kick him, but I might have voted yes.

Raiders are so rediculously pissy nowadays, I had a tank leave in the middle of a crappy random HC fight because 1 of my pets taunted a boss that doesnt even move due to the fact I was using stampede. And then another tank left before a boss because we werent "fully geared", newsflash why the hell do you think were in random HC's.

Dont need the little shites anyway, just went ahead and tanked it with my turtle, which was remarkably easy for some reason.

Needing on a green doesnt even come close to any form of a problem, you cant tell who needs on stuff anymore, so for all he knows he could be getting screwed out of a free 10g drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Heidelstein View Post
    Yet often the same people blow everyone out of the water with their heals/dps, and if people are struggling they actually help out and suggest ways of improving. Unfortunately the majority of people playing LFR are either 12 or think they're so good that they don't listen and continually wipe.
    If my experience, the need rollers are usually at the bottom of the DPS charts leeching.

Doesn't matter to me. I don't kick anyone for being bad. Only for being a douchebag.

Yet you wouldn't know who they are, if they're back in guild chat saying "haha, in LFRetards now... what nubs".
    Nope, I don't know the douchebags who stay quiet. Just the loudmouths like yourself who post trash like "LFRetard" on this forum.

In a rational world, it'd fail. Doubly so if said person is carrying the group and offering advice. But nah, that's less important than a 1/25 chance of winning 30g, obviously!
    You seem to be pretty bent out of shape over 30g.

Yes. That's why people who steal a wad of gum don't get years in jail, unlike armed robbers holding up a bank.

1 <---- You.
    0 <---- Perspective.

Get some.

Because it's a green and nigh on worthless?

We should tar and feather people who steal pocket lint.
    It isn't worthless, if it was he wouldn't obviously not needed. He can turn it around and make gold, or use DE if he is a enchanter and turn around and use it, so it is far from worthless. People don't need things that are worthless, that is the point of the thing being worthless.

If you need on greens/lockboxes in lfr, you're a piece of shit. Basically all. And it's not petty to vtk someone who is being a selfish dick for the sake of being a selfish dick. Greens don't matter, really, it's the principle, and what's petty is someone going out of their way to declare something as theirs when the benefit they receive is so small. It's like stealing towels from a hotel and then going, "Oh well, they don't need towels anyway, there's like a thousand more where that came from."
    Look! Words!

Because it's a green and nigh on worthless?

We should tar and feather people who steal pocket lint.
    If it's worthless, why are you rolling need? And why are you getting so bent out of shape over it? Just stop rolling need and there's no drama. I mean, it's worthless anyway, right?

In a rational world, it'd fail. Doubly so if said person is carrying the group and offering advice. But nah, that's less important than a 1/25 chance of winning 30g, obviously!
    Like I said: Just go ahead and try.
    But don't be upset if you need to rejoin the queue afterwards.

when the kick option pops up, ill will click yes. but not gonna yell on the chat that he should kicked or whatever.
    i dont care tbh. most of the time a new player is found fast and can move on.
    clicking yes stop the whine. thats the reason i click yes :P

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    Doesn't matter to me. I don't kick anyone for being bad. Only for being a douchebag.
    Enjoy your repair bill.

Just the loudmouths like yourself who post trash like "LFRetard" on this forum.
    It's an apt name.

You seem to be pretty bent out of shape over 30g.
    Look who's talking, Mr "waa waa I couldn't roll for 30g so I'm going to boot the needer".

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I searched and couldnt find a recent similar topic to post in, so here it goes:

I couldnt believe what I saw transpire in LFR the other night...

So the run is going smooth, it is the first half of HoF, and the trash packs after the first boss dropped a few greens. Before I finish my story let me say this: when a green drops, why on earth do people care if someone needs on it or not?

Yes thats right, as you probably have guessed, a guy needed on a single green mail item. It was like a belt or something. Instantly, like 3 people called him out, and demanded that he be booted from the raid. WTF? Are you such an asshole that you completely lose it when someone needs on a frickin green item?

A GREEN ITEM. Its not like it was a blue or even an epic. It was GREEN. Why anyone would get upset and demand to boot the guy because of that is just beyond me. It also just goes to show you how entitled and selfish several people are when it comes to this game.

It wasnt justified that he was booted, as he was doing rather quite well on the dps meters (i believe he was in the top 3 on the first boss).

TL;DR - Get off your high horse and quit with the petty booting ppl that need on greens in LFR.
    Why is he rolling Need? Does he need it? If not, he can piss off, I need enchanting mats.

it's a greedy thing to do; I wouldn't start the kick but I don't think I would be clicking no either.

Yet often the same people blow everyone out of the water with their heals/dps, and if people are struggling they actually help out and suggest ways of improving. Unfortunately the majority of people playing LFR are either 12 or think they're so good that they don't listen and continually wipe.

Yet you wouldn't know who they are, if they're back in guild chat saying "haha, in LFRetards now... what nubs".

Except it's not that it's a 1/25 for any given individual, it's that they're not even giving anyone else (unless people are watching /loot) the chance (and some people are straight out denied the chance, ie if it's plate only plate wearers would even have the need option) that chance...

So instead of considering the 1/25 chance for each individual, maybe you should think about the 24/25 chance of failure the douche bypassed by thinking they're more important

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

If it's worthless, why are you rolling need? And why are you getting so bent out of shape over it? Just stop rolling need and there's no drama. I mean, it's worthless anyway, right?
    Because I can. It's free gold, why shouldn't I?

All I'm criticising are the people taking this as a serious issue. It isn't. I'm just pointing out how/silly trivial it actually is... not sure how that translates to "bent out of shape".

Enjoy your repair bill.
    Lol. Because LFR is so tough that without you in my group I could never beat it.

It's an apt name.
    People who like calling others "retards". Oh the joys of the WoW community!

Look who's talking, Mr "waa waa I couldn't roll for 30g so I'm going to boot the needer".
    I'll pass and still vote kick you out of my group. Would that make you happy?

He takes the attitude that it costs him nothing to need on anything he can, and he might get satisfaction out of it.

I take the attitude that it costs me nothing to vote to kick people I regard as rude, and I might get satisfaction out of it.

Wouldn't bother calling someone out over it though, I'd just vote to kick & move on much like they would need & move on.

Because I can. It's free gold, why shouldn't I?

All I'm criticising are the people taking this as a serious issue. It isn't. I'm just pointing out how/silly trivial it actually is... not sure how that translates to "bent out of shape".
    And I can vote to kick you. One less greedy disruptive player in the raid, why shouldn't I?

How many posts have you made in this thread? Seems you're taking this way more seriously than anyone else...

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    If you need on greens/lockboxes in lfr, you're a piece of shit. Basically all. And it's not petty to vtk someone who is being a selfish dick for the sake of being a selfish dick. Greens don't matter, really, it's the principle, and what's petty is someone going out of their way to declare something as theirs when the benefit they receive is so small. It's like stealing towels from a hotel and then going, "Oh well, they don't need towels anyway, there's like a thousand more where that came from."
    Cry more.

The principle? Let's see if they exist if the item can't be vendored for gold.

Who is declaring anything theirs? Others can roll too...

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Like I said: Just go ahead and try.
    But don't be upset if you need to rejoin the queue afterwards.
    I won't... I'm carrying the grp and offering advice. =)

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Except it's not that it's a 1/25 for any given individual, it's that they're not even giving anyone else (unless people are watching /loot) the chance (and some people are straight out denied the chance, ie if it's plate only plate wearers would even have the need option) that chance...
    My "1/25" thing assumes that all 25 roll greed. So the best odds in a perfectly fair situation is 1/25...

So instead of considering the 1/25 chance for each individual, maybe you should think about the 24/25 chance of failure the douche bypassed by thinking they're more important
    If it's a lockbox, then this isn't applicable as everyone can roll need on it. If it's, like a plate item, then perhaps several can roll for it. Got nothing to do with important, if the roll is there on a shitty item, I'll roll on it because it's free gold. I do not care if someone else rolls need for it, or I don't get to win it. It's nothing at the end of the day.

I think Greens also falls under the Need Before Greed that the old LFR system used, meaning only people who can use it will be able to roll. (If not correct me) Which means that some people have a chance to get more gold than others and why should they be allowed to?

Lol. Because LFR is so tough that without you in my group I could never beat it.
    Umm... no, not exactly what I'm implying. You say you never kick bad people - then what if it were a tank that continually wiped the group because they were too bad (for example, falling down to their deaths on Elegon)?

People who like calling others "retards". Oh the joys of the WoW community!
    LFR is populated with retards. Sorry for stating facts.

I'll pass and still vote kick you out of my group. Would that make you happy?
    You aren't the deciding factor.

-snip-
    You still have yet to explain why people should be using NEED for the purposes of GREED, when not everyone always has the same opportunities for NEED. And the excuse, "Others do it, so that makes it right for me" is bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.