Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Why are you bringing up things that are irrelevant to the thread? Please stay on topic or dont post at all. Thx.

OT: Am I to assume that you who claim "oh I would never initiate the vote kick, but i wouldnt mind pressing yes if it came up" that you have never initiated a vote kick for such an action?

Yes I have to agree with Hidelstein on all counts, because guess what, he is absolutely right. It is not about the "principle" for these LFR whiners. If the item were worth 0g, no one would give a rats ass.
    Lets see, you got kicked from a group for what was considered reprehensible behavior by the group and come here complaining that what they did was awful towards you and then call it off topic if someone brings up an example of your 'repeated pattern of reprehensible behavior'. Kettle, meet Pot.

If the person has a mindset of "fuck the other 24 people I deserve this item" than why should I treat them any better? You want to be a dick? Well then enjoy your half an hour queue looking for your next LFR. Maybe you can learn how not to be a dick face.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    Imo they should but the need option should be removed when the item is a lower ilvl than your equipped gear and winning the roll makes it bop.
    Winning the roll if it's lower ilvl than your equipped gear = they take off all their gear before rolling need.

Anyway, winning a green when you are maximum level by rolling need should change the properties on the item:

1. Soulbound until you level up.
    2. Cannot be DE'd.
    3. Cannot be sold.
    4. Cannot be destroyed.

It's in your inventory until the next expansion. Enjoy your green!

---------- Post added 2013-02-22 at 03:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    If the person has a mindset of "fuck the other 24 people I deserve this item" than why should I treat them any better? You want to be a dick? Well then enjoy your half an hour queue looking for your next LFR. Maybe you can learn how not to be a dick face.
    Also, this. ^^^ I commute to and from work daily and you can always tell who the people who would roll need on greens are by the way they drive. Everything is all about them. It's called being a sociopath. Same people gank for the same reason.

sounds like the OP did something greedy and got booted to me. i never waste my vote kicks in LFR but when it does happen to someone like this i smile a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Why are you bringing up things that are irrelevant to the thread? Please stay on topic or dont post at all. Thx.

OT: Am I to assume that you who claim "oh I would never initiate the vote kick, but i wouldnt mind pressing yes if it came up" that you have never initiated a vote kick for such an action?

Yes I have to agree with Hidelstein on all counts, because guess what, he is absolutely right. It is not about the "principle" for these LFR whiners. If the item were worth 0g, no one would give a rats ass.
    A single person cannot initiate a vote kick in LFR, I believe it takes five votes before it prompts the raid.
    Hi, I previously stated that those greens are essentially worth 0g to me and I care. Last I checked, that invalidates your "no one" and strengthens the "principle".

Also, your elitist attitude is sickening. Calling anyone who disagrees with your views either pathetic or whiners, it's no surprise you have issues grasping that it could possible be an issue with principle rather than greens. Of course, you'll never directly call people pathetic or whiners, just like you never create troll threads.

Oh, and by the way, everyone with a viable opinion can be "right". It's not like we're debating whether the sun is a sphere or not. Your thread name is "Needing on Greens = Boot from LFR?" to get a discussion going about it. When someone agrees with you, you claim he's absolutely right like it's fact. If you go into a discussion without caring about said discussion (as others in this, and other threads accused you of), then why create the discussion in the first place other than to vent or flaunt your elitist attitude around us measly pathetic whiners?

No matter how much you want people to agree with you, humans have this thing called free will. We can think for ourselves. You know what else humans can do? Agree to disagree. Let's see how human you are, shall we?

If it was 1 item i wouldn't think twice about it and would ignore it but if they were needing on litterally like every green that dropped i would call them out maybe lol

Deleted
    i struggle to care about the results of a green roll in lfr...i haven't even noticed another persons roll on a green. on the list of poor behaviours in lfr this ranks pretty damn low. certainly less annoying than poor healing/tanking/dps or general rudeness, and definitely less of a problem than that one person who has to let everyone know of all the other people who deserve kicking from the raid. normally so busy deciding who should be kicked to do anything constructive themselves.

If someone needed on every single green in a raid, i'd assume they didn't know about wow etiquette, or if it was a single roll i'd think it would be a misclick..can't say its never happened to me, in the middle of combat, just to get rid of the roll window.

in short; if this minor infraction on mmo social rules bothers enough to go out of your way to kick someone from a raid, you have some major social issues, and your life must be rife with annoyance.

Deleted
    Perhaps culture is different in America, but here in eu english servers I have allways got away with green item needing in LFR.

Because they are selfish. i agree that they should have been kicked

what I do is I need the first few greens till someone calls me out on it and or I win something. Then I just go on greeding/disenchanting them and I'll just say oops my bad, hit need by accident!

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    The loser are you guys, you are the one needing, getting kicked and then raging on the forums because the vast majority dislikes this behavior.
    I don't need on the trash drops in LFR, you fool. I find it hilarious that losers like you rage over it, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    To me, it sounds like that you were the one needing the item and getting kicked from LFR after being on queue for 30 minutes and now you're upset for wasting half an hour for nothing.
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

I don't care if they need on that crap. I need on it too. People call me out, i tell them to get over themselves and ask them if their lives are really that sad.

Usually they get trolled into silence by this point, by the rest of the group. Just gotta react fast!

Quote Originally Posted by otro View Post
    Are you really that dumb? of course a fucking green item won't make any difference, the problem is that people use this mentality also for things that matter.
    If it doesn't matter, why waste your time complaining? It's a trivial thing to complain about.

that's like saying it's ok to steal a dollar from a millionaire because 'it won't make any difference to him'.
    No, it isn't. You're taking something from a lottery table from a game that allows you to roll for it. In the case of lockboxes, there is nothing from stopping you rolling Need.

You kids need to learn how life really works...I'm not talking about a pixel item here, but YOU ARE advocating for bad behavior.
    You're comparing real life instances to what happens in a computer game. You are bitching about pixels and comparing them to real life money... the delicious irony. Don't lecture to people that they should learn how real life works when you have little to no perspective.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd advocate for booting from the group.

Needing on greens and lockboxes is an asshole thing to do.

Sure, nothing prevents you from rolling need on the green, but hey...

Nothing prevents us from kicking you either, now does it?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Usually if someone needs after the second time while everyone else is greeding someone will say something in chat. If they keep doing it its blatantly obvious they are trying to rack up stuff to DE later on. If they need after we told them to stop we kick them.

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    You've been crying louder than anyone else on this thread.

I'll check back on this thread tomorrow just to see how many more posts you've made on this topic than you think is extremely trivial.
    Telling people that they're being crybabies, and that saying comparing something this trivial to rl instances shows a lack of perspective != crying. Whining about people Needing for something relatively worthless *is* crying.

Yeah I think it's extremely trivial, but the amount of bitching is a sad state of affairs. Heaven forbid someone takes away the chance for you to roll on 30g, while most of the raid doesn't give a rats and pushes on. You and a lot of other people here are so precious. As I said, get some perspective.

---------- Post added 2013-02-23 at 06:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I'd advocate for booting from the group.

Needing on greens and lockboxes is an asshole thing to do.

Sure, nothing prevents you from rolling need on the green, but hey...

Nothing prevents us from kicking you either, now does it?
    Terrific logic!

If there's no problem in the first place (since you can need as well), then there's zero reason to kick. That's like saying to kick someone out of a raffle competition because they put their ticket in the high tier comp, yet you didn't and had the chance to, but put yours in the 2nd tier comp and expected that person to.

As I said, if you can roll need as well, you do not have a leg to stand on, and there's no grounds booting except for being angry that you didn't roll need instead. =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidelstein View Post

Terrific logic!

If there's no problem in the first place (since you can need as well), then there's zero reason to kick. That's like saying to kick someone out of a raffle competition because they put their ticket in the high tier comp, yet you didn't and had the chance to, but put yours in the 2nd tier comp and expected that person to.

As I said, if you can roll need as well, you do not have a leg to stand on, and there's no grounds booting except for being angry that you didn't roll need instead. =)
    False.

It isn't against game rules to kick = therefore, it is totally okay to kick, should enough people agree with you.

just like

It isn't against game rules to need on an item you don't need = therefore, it is totally okay to roll need on an item you don't need

You've no moral leg to stand on here.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-02-23 at 07:52 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    False.

It isn't against game rules to kick = therefore, it is totally okay to kick.

just like

It isn't against game rules to need on an item you don't need = therefore, it is totally okay to roll need on an item you don't need

You've no moral leg to stand on here.
    This isn't about morals, it's about what's practical. You're kicking them because you're just a bitter crybaby. =)

It's the little fiends that wait for everyone else to roll greed, then they roll need, that get the boot.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.