Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
... LastLast
  1. #21
    think blizz should just active roll/de/pass on green items in LFR...

    nobody really needs them and its always a drama feast... think some people are just waiting to see who needs so they can rage...

    to me both are assholes, the needers (unless by mistake) and the drama queens...

  2. #22
    Yep, I will kick you every time. It's a dickhead move to need on an item to vendor it, same with a lockbox. What the hell makes you so special that you need an item to vendor over everyone else. Granted, the people who do it will never get why it is a dickhead move and will usually rationalize something so it's ok, but I don't really care.
    Last edited by Kantoro; 2013-02-22 at 04:41 PM. Reason: typos

  3. #23
    I wouldn't initiate a kick, but I think of it this way, either he really needs that item, which means he is undergeared and doesn't need to be there anyway, or he's a greedy little shit, which means he doesn't need to be there anyway.

  4. #24
    The Lightbringer Grym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in UK where there is chicken
    Posts
    3,031
    Everyone need the gold/enchanting mats, while everyone usually Greed or Disenchant it, if you Need, you will be called out for a boot.

    If boot is unsuccessful, I will Need on every piece of green that drop afterwards for the rest of that run.

  5. #25
    He needs on stuff just to vendor/disenchant it, he deserved the kick and obviously most people agreed.

  6. #26
    Similarly I was in an lfr for the first half of HoF. A hunter decided to use pack during blade lord and killed a few people because of it. There were 5 hunter in the run and not a single one of them spoke up resulting in the mass kickocide of every hunter in the group. Just goes to show that if you do something out of the norms, i.e. needing on a green you dont need, and messing up a mechanic, or needing on a boe epic because you thought needing it will give you the boe version of it, you will get singled out and removed

  7. #27
    If you need on greens or lockboxes you are taking advantage of the group's trust to take gold away from everyone else.

    It doesnt matter how small the amount is, you're still being a dick. People who say "so what, its only 11gold" would surely not mind then If I came to their house and stole £10? Because "so what, it's only £10"...

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by dgreen View Post
    It was a Dick move on his part for needing on it. While wouldn't necessarily kick him I can't blame others for wanting to.
    How can it be considered a "Dick move" if he had a purpose for needing on the green? Why should we judge what he is going to do with the item or not?

    The point is, who the F cares about greens these days? The people who get all bent out of shape when they see someone needing on greens are really the greedy ones themselves.

    Let me make the point clear again so those of you who are upset with him needing on that green understand.

    A green item dropped. A GREEN item dropped. Brush it off your shoulder and move on with the raid. Dont be so heavily invested in having someone kicked especially when it was only over a green item. Even if it was an epic item, you shouldnt get mad because everyone has a fair chance to roll.
    World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
    See you in WoD!

  9. #29
    I don't care. People need to check themselves if they're willing to make a fuss about greedy gits needing on trash drops in LFR. I can't help laughing at the thought of some loser getting bent out of shape over a green. Brilliant.

  10. #30
    The Lightbringer Grym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in UK where there is chicken
    Posts
    3,031
    I happily kick him for that 8-20g.

    Everyone need gold, no reason to Need on something that everyone equally need. If you Need on that green (which worth 8-40g depends on the item), I will call you out and kick you, play like everyone else or get single out and removed, your call.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    If you need on greens or lockboxes you are taking gold away from everyone else.

    It doesnt matter how small the amount is, you're still being a dick. People who say "so what, its only 11gold" would surely not mind then If I came to their house and stole £10? Because "so what, it's only £10"...
    The point you fail to understand is that you didnt own that £10 in the first place. It was more like lottery winnings because it randomly had a chance of dropping in the raid. Its not your gold or anyones gold in the raid to begin with.

    I think of it this way: first come first serve. Finders keepers if you will.
    World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
    See you in WoD!

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Qly View Post
    We have a saying over here:
    steal a penny, steal a house

    It's useless, but still: he's stealing from other people, it just promotes greedy and bad behaviour, and nobody needs that
    check this out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broken_windows_theory

    My problem is with people who act like: "And why the fuck shouldn't I". It's like cutting ahead in a line, you just don't do it. It's not the item it's the principle
    Couldn't have said it better.

    Someone in my LFR needed on 3 greens in a row. We booted him right before the last boss. In my opinion, he deserved that. We kindly asked him not to need on greens after the first time. He had his chance.

  13. #33
    The Lightbringer Grym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in UK where there is chicken
    Posts
    3,031
    While it doesn't belong to anyone yet, the way he Need it, takes the chance of other people from obtaining it, not reducing the chance, but totally removed it as Greed roll won't even happen if someone Need on it. So, for removing my chance on that item, I removed your spot in the raid, sounds fair to me.

    I think of it this way, raid consist of 25 people, if 1 person discomforts more than enough people to get him kicked, he doesn't belong to that group in the first place.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    The point you fail to understand is that you didnt own that £10 in the first place. It was more like lottery winnings because it randomly had a chance of dropping in the raid. Its not your gold or anyones gold in the raid to begin with.

    I think of it this way: first come first serve. Finders keepers if you will.
    Someone in the group would have gotten that gold, you need = you take it away (you cheat the lottery) = we kick you.

    If people want to continue being dicks feel free, we'll always feel free to kick you in return.

  15. #35
    The Patient
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    336
    Thought about a missclick? Or maybe even transmog? At least give them the chance to give a reason. And even then, so what, it's a green in LFR, it's not like you'll ever see the guy again.
    What? Why? When? Who? Which? How? Wait...
    Prot/Fury TG Warrior
    Surv Hunter
    Resto Druid
    Quote Originally Posted by Monolith of Mazes View Post
    Dun dun dunnnnnnnnnn! The thick plottens.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    How can it be considered a "Dick move" if he had a purpose for needing on the green? Why should we judge what he is going to do with the item or not?
    Selling it to the vendor or disenchanting it doesn't equal "purpose for needing it", the reason we get to judge it is because we were entitled to the item aswell and he stole our chance to get it.
    The point is, who the F cares about greens these days? The people who get all bent out of shape when they see someone needing on greens are really the greedy ones themselves.
    People are unforgiving, in this case rightly so. Every single last one of them could've needed on it to better his or her chances at receiving it bereaving everyone who chose greed or disenchant of their chance. It is less about the item but common courtesy and expected behavior.
    Let me make the point clear again so those of you who are upset with him needing on that green understand.

    A green item dropped. A GREEN item dropped. Brush it off your shoulder and move on with the raid. Dont be so heavily invested in having someone kicked especially when it was only over a green item. Even if it was an epic item, you shouldnt get mad because everyone has a fair chance to roll.
    You sir, are full of BS. The point is everyone HAD a fair chance to roll, till he choose to act like a douchebag and pretty much make sure he gets the item. We can flip the whole argumentation on the head, why are you so mad some ninja got kicked? It's just a kick! And one he himself brought onto him? We could also be like "lol u mad you got kicked for being a douche?" just as you are belittling people not taking your ninjaing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    I don't care. People need to check themselves if they're willing to make a fuss about greedy gits needing on trash drops in LFR. I can't help laughing at the thought of some loser getting bent out of shape over a green. Brilliant.
    The loser are you guys, you are the one needing, getting kicked and then raging on the forums because the vast majority dislikes this behavior.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    The point you fail to understand is that you didnt own that £10 in the first place. It was more like lottery winnings because it randomly had a chance of dropping in the raid. Its not your gold or anyones gold in the raid to begin with.
    And this is where you are wrong, everyone has the same chance of winning said item unless someone is being a douche and rolls greed bereaving everyone else of their chance to receive this item. The item belongs to the entire raid untill someone actually wins it and if someone "cheats" the rest of the raid is completly justified in getting rid of said person.

    I think of it this way: first come first serve. Finders keepers if you will.
    This has nothing to do with "first come first server. Finders keepers" or anything even remotely close. You didn't find said item, you weren't the first to roll, you merely cheated everyone else out of their chance to actually roll on the item by needing it when you obviously do not actually need it. You got kicked for it, stop being butthurt for not getting away with doing whatever the fuck you please. You deserved said kick.
    Last edited by Deleth; 2013-02-22 at 04:55 PM.

  17. #37
    I'd boot em. Why should he get the green item instead of me? Its the guy rolling need on something he doesn't need who is the asshole here, not the players booting him. Got what he deserved, be courteous and roll greed like everyone else or risk a kick. Your choice.

  18. #38

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    The point you fail to understand is that you didnt own that £10 in the first place. It was more like lottery winnings because it randomly had a chance of dropping in the raid. Its not your gold or anyones gold in the raid to begin with.

    I think of it this way: first come first serve. Finders keepers if you will.
    By that logic it is perfectly legit to ninja everything from a kael'thas run?

    Sorry but that kind of change in the community mentality is what makes WoW go downhill the most for me.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    The point you fail to understand is that you didnt own that £10 in the first place. It was more like lottery winnings because it randomly had a chance of dropping in the raid. Its not your gold or anyones gold in the raid to begin with.

    I think of it this way: first come first serve. Finders keepers if you will.
    Except you just answered your own question. The person who needed on it didn't own it, and didn't have the right to deny the opportunity for others to win it because they felt like being a selfish douche. And to extend your lottery metaphor, needing the green isn't winning the lottery, it's stealing the lottery proceeds so nobody else can win.

    Now, I'm not the type to get up in arms about it in raid chat for someone needing items they don't need, but I also am glad to see them get kicked. It's not about the item, it's about what it says about the community.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •