Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidelstein View Post
    That people find this as some kind of moral outrage is HILARIOUS.
    I think it's pretty funny too when I think about how mad someone like a tank with a hour long queue will have to wait another hour for doing something as meaningless as needing on a green. Kinda funny to think about how their day's been wasted cause they'be spent the majority in queue. Maybe I'm an asshole. I don't really care about the needing of the green but I love to kick people. Playing on the moral highroad currently allows me to kick more people and ruin their experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post

TL;DR - Get off your high horse and quit with the petty booting ppl that need on greens in LFR.
    The option is there so where do you get to tell people how to use it?

I run with my guild but we have generally a dps spot or two open.
    Do you think it is a good idea to need on greens in a guild group?

We vote kick you before we pull the boss.

Do we care about the green?
    Nah but it is fun to kick them over it and get in a few taunts over it.
    So yea morale outrage...
    <.<
    >.>

Enjoy waiting on the dps queue a second time!
    Last edited by Royalite; 2013-02-23 at 10:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, yes, I'm suddenly a thief and a douchebag because I think this whole thing is trivial and you're crying over perhaps the most inefficient method of gold farming. If you are in badly need of gold, then do dailies, play the auction house, etc.
    No you're a douchebag because you needed on an item that was to be distributed randomly and fairly among the 25 members of the raid. Is it the end of the world? God, no, but it makes you a dick. Dicks get removed from raids to benefit overall smoothness of its operation.

You're there with 24 other people. Why be "that guy?" Seriously.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    No you're a douchebag because you needed on an item that was to be distributed randomly and fairly among the 25 members of the raid. Is it the end of the world? God, no, but it makes you a dick. Dicks get removed from raids to benefit overall smoothness of its operation.

Why?

It's an item not even worth much. Plus, you don't know me personally, you're judging me based on rolling need on a computer game.

There's that perspective thing that comes back time and time again!

Dicks get removed from raids to benefit overall smoothness of its operation.

*Falls over on floor in hysterics*

Hahaha! Seriously?!

How "smooth" is it for the raid to kick someone and wait for a replacement? That's not exactly smooth. Here's the thing: the majority of people in that LFR will want to push on, and will not give a flying fuck about a green item. If anything, you're making the raid far less smoother because you're disrupting it by creating drama over a green item. It is smoother simply to keep the person there (ESPECIALLY if they're a tank and it's taking forever to get one), him rolling Need doesn't effect play style in the slightest.

Nothing stopping other people from rolling need too. This entire argument is completely redundant for lockboxes, because everyone can need them.
    Last edited by Burgerberg; 2013-02-23 at 10:56 PM.

How "smooth" is it for the raid to kick someone and wait for a replacement? That's not exactly smooth.
    Given how quickly any raid member is typically replaced in LFR, I'd say it's still pretty smooth. With the exception of losing a tank where a boss requires two, you can just keep on trucking.

People need on greens because the option is there. People vote kick them because the option is there.

I call people out if they ninja greens, but I wouldn't kick them.

I laugh at their misfortune if they're fucking retarded enough to need on Lvl 85 blues, or world epics though (because they get bound to you if you need)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Kicking someone over one item, no matter what colour it is, seems like a bit of an overkill and ultimately detrimental to the raid if it's someone who's performing fine, I mean, it might even be a misclick.
    If it's a misclick, just say so. No harm, no foul. But if not, there's an inexhaustable supply of players. Kick the greedy jerk and get a new one.

It is smoother simply to keep the person there (ESPECIALLY if they're a tank and it's taking forever to get one)
    Why especially as a tank? I tank almost every LFR AS MY MAGE (because baddies don't know how to get aggro) and it goes pretty smooth.

Literally, every time the MT gets banished on Gara'jal, I'll immediately get aggro.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Blizzard shouldn't have Need be an option on BoE items.
    Yes x 1000.

It was earned equally and is valued equally by every member of the group.

If the winner chooses to hand it to a guy who will actually equip it, that is his/her choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Banzhe View Post
    Every person alive has the "option" of robbing a bank, stealing a car, assulting the elderly for their money.., what point are you trying to raise?
    Hit the need button and stop bitching

Deleted
    its still ninja'ing.

The other 20+ people who were decent and greeded could have used the gold/mats to. Needing on gear you dont need it not about hte gear, its about the attitude that says you think you are more important than everyone else in teh raid. So I agree with the vote kick.

It's an item not even worth much. Plus, you don't know me personally, you're judging me based on rolling need on a computer game.
    These two statements say a lot. First, you are saying that stealing is ok, as long as it's "not even worth much". Second, you are making a distinction between real life and a game, but that is moot. In either real life or a game, you are disrespecting real people. People that are spending the same amount of time and effort as you. Why do you think you have the right to take from someone else?

And are you really offended that someone would judge you based upon your actions?

I queue for LFR solely because I want to ninja greens and slack on the deeps... Does this make me a bad person ?

ppl dont care about the green item at all. They care about the asshat needing on it. The kick was deserved. Nothing more to discuss

Ninjaing green isn't ok - it is like robbing your companions from fair share of loot. Let me open huge secret - people don't queue for LFR just to see bosses for XXXth time. Fair share of green drops is expected as well. Ninjaing greens should be looked at as bannable offense.
    I think it's pretty funny too when I think about how mad someone like a tank with a hour long queue will have to wait another hour for doing something as meaningless as needing on a green. Kinda funny to think about how their day's been wasted cause they'be spent the majority in queue.
    Now look on it other way around. 25-men are doing same task, and have equal rights on loot (assuming there was no slacking). Repairs cost gold, gold takes time to farm/make (especially in MoP, where gold is more scarce than before, but repairs are bigger than before, and food costs a fortune). That tank, who ninja'd that green from general items' pool, stole other people time. Think everyone likes to farm/make gold? He doesn't even steal gold, he steals people's time. Maybe for next hour in queue he will actually try to make gold in fair way to see what it feels like. Why it is ok for him to steal people's time, but not ok to punish him and make him wait 1 hour in queue for? In real-life people get their freedom removed for years for stealing, what is 1 hour in comparison to it?

Seriously, such ninjaing should be looked at as bannable offense by Blizzard.

Deleted
    Pft its really pathetic tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why?

There's that perspective thing that comes back time and time again!
    Haha, no man. We all know what a green item is. You keep repeating yourself to people and treating it like we're MAKING you repeat yourself. Problem is, you haven't actually given a reason yet. You justify your actions with selfish reasoning, but no one's asking you about the item. We're asking you why you're rolling need on it in the first place.

You're contradicting the shit out of yourself over and over. "Its not worth much!" So don't roll need on it. Don't expect 24 other people to read your mind. Just don't do it. Play along. You realize by viewing this thread (among countless other obvious methods) that those who're actually needing are the choice minority. Instead of doing something you KNOW may cause drama (Aka griefing, whether you want to admit it or not) just play along and be the team player. Everyone's got their own shit going on. Why not help make it as smooth as possible?

Ya know... a community. Heaven forbid.
    Last edited by Luko; 2013-02-24 at 01:56 AM.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

I personally don't mind needing on a green item if it is for transmog or whatever but if someone needs one everything then I can see other people kicking that person but I would never initiate it myself

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    "I don't, but my FRIENDS DO!" Why is it that it is never people themselves but always "their friends" or "their aquaintances" or "their mother" who does this kind of thing and they have to rage and cry on the forums about those douchebags being mistreated and booted from a group whining little salty tears?

That being said, if those items are so worthless and nobody cares, why do you guys need in the first place? According to your logic there is no need to need at all since the items aren't worth risking all this drama over. Yet somehow you can't keep your little greedy fingers to you, you have to need on them and then get angry if people proceed to boot you from the group as you deserve it.
    It's not "shit stirring" in fact it is very far from it. It is people not being willing to drag others through LFR/LFD who are being egoistical douchebags and behave in an antisocial and disgusting manner. These people lose nothing from ridding themselves of these douchebags, in fact they win by doing so. So why exactly shouldn't they?

And this is proof of what I'm saying. At least this guy is honest about it while you are hiding behind a veil of tears and lies.
    ...yeah, that doesn't apply here. i didn't qq about anything so not sure where you were going with that by quoting me.

needing is a usable function in game, period. are people really so paranoid to think blizzard maintains the need function in lfr for mindgames, allowing players to differentiate the bad from the good? i just don't get it. some folks need to reevaluate the way that they judge players for their actions.
    Sig by Populaire

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    It's not "shit stirring" in fact it is very far from it.

[...] [...]
    If it were far from shit-stirring, you wouldn't have written two long posts (at least as far as I know) complaining about it.