Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ...
10
18
19
20
21
22
... LastLast
  1. #381
    Mechagnome Requiemcliff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Somewhere.
    Posts
    530
    Meh, my mindset is, I don't need on them myself, and it's a minor annoyance at best when people need on them, if they need on a BoE epic or something (Which, in LFR is BoP anyway) I would be more annoyed.

    Realistically, at 90 the item is DE mats or a few gold, I do get people saying about the principle of the thing and all that, and I won't say it's a great habit, but at the same time, I wouldn't get worked up over it.

  2. #382
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    316
    if it's just 1 green item I normally don't care enough to vote kick unless someone else tries to vote erm of.
    If it's a locked chest, then yes, I'm gona vote kick the turd, I gotten well over 100 gold from those.

  3. #383
    Yeah, I'd say both sides are wrong. I don't like it when people need on the greens, but I don't usually kick anymore. You'd probably have wanted to kick them in the old system, as it would've been a sign that they'd need on all the boss drops.

    What I don't get is why you can need on Lockboxes, just is obnoxious when several people do. I mean, what's the rationale there, that you need the gold?

  4. #384
    Dreadlord MeHMeH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    right over mjah!
    Posts
    880
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidelstein View Post
    Loving the strawman arguments here.

    I've never been kicked from a group for needing on a green, ever.



    It's a green item.

    A green.



    You're more greedy than the ninjas if you think 8-20g is worth kicking someone for... despite the fact (as you claimed earlier), that you have 300k gold.

    You only need four more people to vote "yes", not exactly the entire thought process of every single person in the raid.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-24 at 07:38 AM ----------



    Adds up to what? How many greens have you won in LFR? Assuming everyone rolls greed, you have a 1/25 chance of getting it. Greens do not drop every single run either.

    That people find this as some kind of moral outrage is HILARIOUS.
    If needing a green is OK because its in the game, then so is kicking the one who needed, because its in the game.. Its really that simple!
    Stating that somone is a greedy because he vote to kick is just silly, your greedy when you need the green. If you get kicked get over it, as its part of the game! Heck, i can even kick somone just for the lolz and still not a big thing as it is allowed.
    Its kinda the same as ganking lowbies, its allowed, that doesnt mean its a nice thing to do and usually only people who cant cut it on a level playingfield would do such a thing.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?
    (Epicurus 341 - 270 BC)

  5. #385
    Herald of the Titans zephid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,839
    It's a dick move and I will initiate a vote kick every time.

  6. #386
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidelstein View Post
    Loving the strawman arguments here.

    I've never been kicked from a group for needing on a green, ever.
    Unlike yours mine aren't strawman arguments, yours are pretty much "I've been kicked for being a douche QQ" and if people call you out on it "But I've never been kicked QQ".
    It's a green item.

    A green.
    So what? Also this makes needing on it even more questionable. If it is a green item nobody needs, why would you NEED on it in the first place?

    Adds up to what? How many greens have you won in LFR? Assuming everyone rolls greed, you have a 1/25 chance of getting it. Greens do not drop every single run either.

    That people find this as some kind of moral outrage is HILARIOUS.
    The people needing on greens in LFR are the sames needing on them in LFD and other parts of the game. And it easily adds up to insane ammounts over time. Stop pretending it doesn't, otherwise you would have no reason to need in the first place. What is hilarious is that you being a thieving egoistical douchebag seems to be completly normal and you only get outraged and start crying big fake tears once people boot you as you deserve it.

  7. #387
    Moderator Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    7,940
    *shrugs* I normally dislike people when they need on something they don't need, it's just my way of life. In an LFR, I wouldn't start the kick, but if someone else started it then I'll gladly pick yes.

    If it's useless for you, why click need? Just greed like everyone else. End of story. I don't want to be the bad guy against such actions, but if someone gets the ball going, I'll gladly accept the fact that he -did- need on a green. But if no one makes the vote, then I'll just complain a moment in my head and go on. But again, I rarely see needers on greens in LFR. It's always Greed or DE.
    If you disapprove of moderation, seek an Admin or Global Moderator.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    R.I.P Project 'Titan' - My curious mind will still think of you!

  8. #388
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Unlike yours mine aren't strawman arguments, yours are pretty much "I've been kicked for being a douche QQ" and if people call you out on it "But I've never been kicked QQ".
    They are strawman arguments. You're saying I'm crying about being kicked, when I never even have... clearly trying to misinterpret me.

    So what? Also this makes needing on it even more questionable. If it is a green item nobody needs, why would you NEED on it in the first place?
    Because it's too trivial of a thing to worry about someone needing it. Because the option is there to roll for it. It's free gold. There's nothing stopping you from rolling need on a lockbox, or various greens for your class.

    And it easily adds up to insane ammounts over time.
    No, it doesn't. You're trying to exaggerate the amount you actually get selling greens to make it more important than it is. A green will net you on average, 16 - 30g. You are not going to win them all the time if other people roll greed too, they are not going to drop all the time so don't give me this BS about "easily adding up" because it doesn't. You earn more gold doing several dailies than you would with greens from LFR for months and months.

    Stop pretending it doesn't, otherwise you would have no reason to need in the first place.
    It doesn't. It's pure math. The reason someone would roll need is because it's free gold, the same reason you're rolling greed. But don't think it's because it's for any substantial gain.

    What is hilarious is that you being a thieving egoistical douchebag seems to be completly normal and you only get outraged and start crying big fake tears once people boot you as you deserve it.
    Yes, yes, I'm suddenly a thief and a douchebag because I think this whole thing is trivial and you're crying over perhaps the most inefficient method of gold farming. If you are in badly need of gold, then do dailies, play the auction house, etc.

  9. #389
    Pandaren Monk willtron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,843
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidelstein View Post
    Yes, yes, I'm suddenly a thief and a douchebag because I think this whole thing is trivial and you're crying over perhaps the most inefficient method of gold farming. If you are in badly need of gold, then do dailies, play the auction house, etc.
    This x 10000000
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

  10. #390
    The Patient kenshinag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    327
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidelstein View Post
    That people find this as some kind of moral outrage is HILARIOUS.
    I think it's pretty funny too when I think about how mad someone like a tank with a hour long queue will have to wait another hour for doing something as meaningless as needing on a green. Kinda funny to think about how their day's been wasted cause they'be spent the majority in queue. Maybe I'm an asshole. I don't really care about the needing of the green but I love to kick people. Playing on the moral highroad currently allows me to kick more people and ruin their experiences.
    My Shaman! <~ Old Main
    My Warlock! <~ New Main

  11. #391
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post

    TL;DR - Get off your high horse and quit with the petty booting ppl that need on greens in LFR.
    The option is there so where do you get to tell people how to use it?

    I run with my guild but we have generally a dps spot or two open.
    Do you think it is a good idea to need on greens in a guild group?

    We vote kick you before we pull the boss.

    Do we care about the green?
    Nah but it is fun to kick them over it and get in a few taunts over it.
    So yea morale outrage...
    <.<
    >.>

    Enjoy waiting on the dps queue a second time!
    Last edited by Royalite; 2013-02-23 at 10:39 PM.

  12. #392
    Legendary! Luko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Danger Zone
    Posts
    6,181
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidelstein View Post
    Yes, yes, I'm suddenly a thief and a douchebag because I think this whole thing is trivial and you're crying over perhaps the most inefficient method of gold farming. If you are in badly need of gold, then do dailies, play the auction house, etc.
    No you're a douchebag because you needed on an item that was to be distributed randomly and fairly among the 25 members of the raid. Is it the end of the world? God, no, but it makes you a dick. Dicks get removed from raids to benefit overall smoothness of its operation.

    You're there with 24 other people. Why be "that guy?" Seriously.
    Listen kiddos, trust Handsome Jack. You want every part of this insanity.
    So many people are gonna die.

    Formerly Ryngo Blackratchet

  13. #393
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    No you're a douchebag because you needed on an item that was to be distributed randomly and fairly among the 25 members of the raid. Is it the end of the world? God, no, but it makes you a dick. Dicks get removed from raids to benefit overall smoothness of its operation.

    You're there with 24 other people. Why be "that guy?" Seriously.
    Why?

    It's an item not even worth much. Plus, you don't know me personally, you're judging me based on rolling need on a computer game.

    There's that perspective thing that comes back time and time again!

    Dicks get removed from raids to benefit overall smoothness of its operation.

    *Falls over on floor in hysterics*

    Hahaha! Seriously?!

    How "smooth" is it for the raid to kick someone and wait for a replacement? That's not exactly smooth. Here's the thing: the majority of people in that LFR will want to push on, and will not give a flying fuck about a green item. If anything, you're making the raid far less smoother because you're disrupting it by creating drama over a green item. It is smoother simply to keep the person there (ESPECIALLY if they're a tank and it's taking forever to get one), him rolling Need doesn't effect play style in the slightest.

    You're there with 24 other people. Why be "that guy?" Seriously.
    Nothing stopping other people from rolling need too. This entire argument is completely redundant for lockboxes, because everyone can need them.
    Last edited by Heidelstein; 2013-02-23 at 10:56 PM.

  14. #394
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidelstein View Post
    How "smooth" is it for the raid to kick someone and wait for a replacement? That's not exactly smooth.
    Given how quickly any raid member is typically replaced in LFR, I'd say it's still pretty smooth. With the exception of losing a tank where a boss requires two, you can just keep on trucking.

    People need on greens because the option is there. People vote kick them because the option is there.

  15. #395
    Elemental Lord Polarthief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,059
    I call people out if they ninja greens, but I wouldn't kick them.

    I laugh at their misfortune if they're fucking retarded enough to need on Lvl 85 blues, or world epics though (because they get bound to you if you need)

    Progression pre-nerfed: [T17] 6/7H; 0/10N

  16. #396
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Kicking someone over one item, no matter what colour it is, seems like a bit of an overkill and ultimately detrimental to the raid if it's someone who's performing fine, I mean, it might even be a misclick.
    If it's a misclick, just say so. No harm, no foul. But if not, there's an inexhaustable supply of players. Kick the greedy jerk and get a new one.

  17. #397
    Elemental Lord Polarthief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidelstein View Post
    It is smoother simply to keep the person there (ESPECIALLY if they're a tank and it's taking forever to get one)
    Why especially as a tank? I tank almost every LFR AS MY MAGE (because baddies don't know how to get aggro) and it goes pretty smooth.

    Literally, every time the MT gets banished on Gara'jal, I'll immediately get aggro.

    Progression pre-nerfed: [T17] 6/7H; 0/10N

  18. #398
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Blizzard shouldn't have Need be an option on BoE items.
    Yes x 1000.

    It was earned equally and is valued equally by every member of the group.


    If the winner chooses to hand it to a guy who will actually equip it, that is his/her choice.

  19. #399
    Herald of the Titans Bryntrollian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Outside Black Gate of Mordor...
    Posts
    2,732
    Quote Originally Posted by Banzhe View Post
    Every person alive has the "option" of robbing a bank, stealing a car, assulting the elderly for their money.., what point are you trying to raise?
    Hit the need button and stop bitching
    Synek - best rogue in the world


  20. #400
    its still ninja'ing.

    The other 20+ people who were decent and greeded could have used the gold/mats to. Needing on gear you dont need it not about hte gear, its about the attitude that says you think you are more important than everyone else in teh raid. So I agree with the vote kick.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •