Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ...
11
19
20
21
22
23
... LastLast
  1. #401
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidelstein View Post
    It's an item not even worth much. Plus, you don't know me personally, you're judging me based on rolling need on a computer game.
    These two statements say a lot. First, you are saying that stealing is ok, as long as it's "not even worth much". Second, you are making a distinction between real life and a game, but that is moot. In either real life or a game, you are disrespecting real people. People that are spending the same amount of time and effort as you. Why do you think you have the right to take from someone else?

    And are you really offended that someone would judge you based upon your actions?

  2. #402
    Herald of the Titans Bryntrollian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Outside Black Gate of Mordor...
    Posts
    2,735
    I queue for LFR solely because I want to ninja greens and slack on the deeps... Does this make me a bad person ?
    Synek - best rogue in the world


  3. #403
    ppl dont care about the green item at all. They care about the asshat needing on it. The kick was deserved. Nothing more to discuss

  4. #404
    Ninjaing green isn't ok - it is like robbing your companions from fair share of loot. Let me open huge secret - people don't queue for LFR just to see bosses for XXXth time. Fair share of green drops is expected as well. Ninjaing greens should be looked at as bannable offense.
    I think it's pretty funny too when I think about how mad someone like a tank with a hour long queue will have to wait another hour for doing something as meaningless as needing on a green. Kinda funny to think about how their day's been wasted cause they'be spent the majority in queue.
    Now look on it other way around. 25-men are doing same task, and have equal rights on loot (assuming there was no slacking). Repairs cost gold, gold takes time to farm/make (especially in MoP, where gold is more scarce than before, but repairs are bigger than before, and food costs a fortune). That tank, who ninja'd that green from general items' pool, stole other people time. Think everyone likes to farm/make gold? He doesn't even steal gold, he steals people's time. Maybe for next hour in queue he will actually try to make gold in fair way to see what it feels like. Why it is ok for him to steal people's time, but not ok to punish him and make him wait 1 hour in queue for? In real-life people get their freedom removed for years for stealing, what is 1 hour in comparison to it?

    Seriously, such ninjaing should be looked at as bannable offense by Blizzard.

  5. #405
    Pft its really pathetic tbh.

  6. #406
    Legendary! Luko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Danger Zone
    Posts
    6,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidelstein View Post
    Why?

    It's an item not even worth much. Plus, you don't know me personally, you're judging me based on rolling need on a computer game.

    There's that perspective thing that comes back time and time again!
    Haha, no man. We all know what a green item is. You keep repeating yourself to people and treating it like we're MAKING you repeat yourself. Problem is, you haven't actually given a reason yet. You justify your actions with selfish reasoning, but no one's asking you about the item. We're asking you why you're rolling need on it in the first place.

    You're contradicting the shit out of yourself over and over. "Its not worth much!" So don't roll need on it. Don't expect 24 other people to read your mind. Just don't do it. Play along. You realize by viewing this thread (among countless other obvious methods) that those who're actually needing are the choice minority. Instead of doing something you KNOW may cause drama (Aka griefing, whether you want to admit it or not) just play along and be the team player. Everyone's got their own shit going on. Why not help make it as smooth as possible?

    Ya know... a community. Heaven forbid.
    Last edited by Luko; 2013-02-24 at 01:56 AM.
    Listen kiddos, trust Handsome Jack. You want every part of this insanity.
    So many people are gonna die.

    Formerly Ryngo Blackratchet

  7. #407
    Fluffy Kitten Millennía's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    3,579
    I personally don't mind needing on a green item if it is for transmog or whatever but if someone needs one everything then I can see other people kicking that person but I would never initiate it myself

  8. #408
    The Patient Lana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    seoul
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    "I don't, but my FRIENDS DO!" Why is it that it is never people themselves but always "their friends" or "their aquaintances" or "their mother" who does this kind of thing and they have to rage and cry on the forums about those douchebags being mistreated and booted from a group whining little salty tears?

    That being said, if those items are so worthless and nobody cares, why do you guys need in the first place? According to your logic there is no need to need at all since the items aren't worth risking all this drama over. Yet somehow you can't keep your little greedy fingers to you, you have to need on them and then get angry if people proceed to boot you from the group as you deserve it.
    It's not "shit stirring" in fact it is very far from it. It is people not being willing to drag others through LFR/LFD who are being egoistical douchebags and behave in an antisocial and disgusting manner. These people lose nothing from ridding themselves of these douchebags, in fact they win by doing so. So why exactly shouldn't they?


    And this is proof of what I'm saying. At least this guy is honest about it while you are hiding behind a veil of tears and lies.
    ...yeah, that doesn't apply here. i didn't qq about anything so not sure where you were going with that by quoting me.

    needing is a usable function in game, period. are people really so paranoid to think blizzard maintains the need function in lfr for mindgames, allowing players to differentiate the bad from the good? i just don't get it. some folks need to reevaluate the way that they judge players for their actions.
    Sig by Populaire

  9. #409
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    It's not "shit stirring" in fact it is very far from it.

    [...] [...]
    If it were far from shit-stirring, you wouldn't have written two long posts (at least as far as I know) complaining about it.

  10. #410
    Mechagnome Zenora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In a van near you!
    Posts
    667
    i really dislike the mentality in lfr/lfd groups, like you said OP, ppl are kicking others for needing on greens or lockboxes. its not like we arent getting bloody 50 greens a day or anything xD

    we need to stop being so upset over a few pixels, ok you didnt get the loot or some melee dps needed on an item you wanted and got it. it will drop again and you will get it eventually! =3

  11. #411
    It happens so often that it's a common practice to just boot the retard. Some people keep needing on any greens that drop in LFR in order to sell/disenchant them themselves, which is basically stealing from the other 24, so from my point of view these dicks don't deserve anything but a kick (in the balls).

    It doesn't matter if it's GREEN or any other color, stealing should not go unpunished.

  12. #412
    It's not about the item, nobody cares about a green item.
    It's about the attitude of someone who feels entitled of something which is not his to decide.

    I am the first to vote against someone who needed on a item that he didn't need. And I'd say about 50% of people needing on greens in lfr get kicked.

    If you want to take that risk over 30g, that's your choice. But don't complain here. Even if this reaction is in no relation to the value or completely uncomprehensable to you, you know what could happen if you need, and it easily can be avoided by hitting greed.

    And to those who are saying it's just a green item: Well, it's just a LFR raid. You can requeue any time, and you can use the queue time to farm even more green items that you seem so desperately to need.

  13. #413
    The Patient Lana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    seoul
    Posts
    262
    https://us.battle.net/support/en/art...zzard-s-stance

    What if I disagree with the way loot is distributed? Isn't that ninja looting?
    Not necessarily. A player using the "Need" or "Greed" rolling option to win a loot roll (including rolls for off-spec items) is not breaking any rule, and is simply using the loot mechanics as designed.

    ridiculous. people still claim that it's stealing, though blizzard asserts time and time again that this is how their game is meant to be played.
    Sig by Populaire

  14. #414
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana View Post
    https://us.battle.net/support/en/art...zzard-s-stance

    What if I disagree with the way loot is distributed? Isn't that ninja looting?
    Not necessarily. A player using the "Need" or "Greed" rolling option to win a loot roll (including rolls for off-spec items) is not breaking any rule, and is simply using the loot mechanics as designed.

    ridiculous. people still claim that it's stealing, though blizzard asserts time and time again that this is how their game is meant to be played.
    Blizzard also said getting kick for any reason doesn't break any rule too.
    They basically want the not be restrictive on what player should or allowed to do.

  15. #415
    Legendary! Luko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Danger Zone
    Posts
    6,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenora View Post
    i really dislike the mentality in lfr/lfd groups, like you said OP, ppl are kicking others for needing on greens or lockboxes. its not like we arent getting bloody 50 greens a day or anything xD

    we need to stop being so upset over a few pixels, ok you didnt get the loot or some melee dps needed on an item you wanted and got it. it will drop again and you will get it eventually! =3
    So you dislike the mentality of the group of people it takes to agree on kicking the ninja looter, but you have no problem at all with the guy who knowingly starts shit by taking an item he doesn't need?

    That ... hmm. That's something, alright.
    Listen kiddos, trust Handsome Jack. You want every part of this insanity.
    So many people are gonna die.

    Formerly Ryngo Blackratchet

  16. #416
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidelstein View Post
    They are strawman arguments. You're saying I'm crying about being kicked, when I never even have... clearly trying to misinterpret me.
    Sir, you are crying right now and were crying the first time you've written something here.
    Because it's too trivial of a thing to worry about someone needing it. Because the option is there to roll for it. It's free gold. There's nothing stopping you from rolling need on a lockbox, or various greens for your class.
    If it is so trivial as you claim, there shouldn't be any kind of reason to need on them, yet you HAVE to need on them because obviously otherwise we wouldn't have this discussion. You say they are worthless and trivial, yet you NEED on them which invalidates your whole claim.
    No, it doesn't. You're trying to exaggerate the amount you actually get selling greens to make it more important than it is. A green will net you on average, 16 - 30g. You are not going to win them all the time if other people roll greed too, they are not going to drop all the time so don't give me this BS about "easily adding up" because it doesn't. You earn more gold doing several dailies than you would with greens from LFR for months and months.
    The speed it adds up isn't important, it adds up and they drop quite frequently. During a single LFD alone you usually have severel drop. The person needing on all of them walks out of the dungeon with 100-200 extra gold. Don't give me the whole "they're worthless" you needing on them invalidates that claim and clearly show that you are lying through your teeth.
    It doesn't. It's pure math. The reason someone would roll need is because it's free gold, the same reason you're rolling greed. But don't think it's because it's for any substantial gain.
    Oh please, you can't have both. First you say they are worthless, than you admit people do it for the extra gold. Mind deciding on either one? Either they are worthless and there is no need for you to be a douchebag or they are worth something you have to need on them and we have to rid ourselves of you.
    Yes, yes, I'm suddenly a thief and a douchebag because I think this whole thing is trivial and you're crying over perhaps the most inefficient method of gold farming. If you are in badly need of gold, then do dailies, play the auction house, etc.
    No you are a thieve and douchebag because you deprave the rest of the group of their chance at the item you're ninjaing. And your advice goes right back to you, if you need the gold the item rewards so badly you can go do quests instead, but ofc you can't be bothered to do that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lana View Post
    ...yeah, that doesn't apply here. i didn't qq about anything so not sure where you were going with that by quoting me.
    False, you were QQing. You came into this thread to QQ about all those mean people kicking "your friends" from LFR just because they're ninjas. How dare they!
    needing is a usable function in game, period. are people really so paranoid to think blizzard maintains the need function in lfr for mindgames, allowing players to differentiate the bad from the good? i just don't get it. some folks need to reevaluate the way that they judge players for their actions.
    What kind of tinfoil hat theory is that? Nobody ever claimed anything remotely close to that. And how people judge someone is completly up to them. You wouldn't argue that the kid stealing from a store is actually a nice guy and how dare the shop owner disliking it because it's only a few dollars worth the kid was stealing! By your logic stealing isn't bad as long as you steal small ammounts and people disliking it are obviously uptight and just want to stirr shit up.

    The loot system was introduced back in Wotlk and hardly ever reworked since then, it's the same reason why Warriors/Paladins can still roll need on agility stuff and I as resto shaman could roll on strenght items. Items that do not benefit me in any kind of way. Because Blizzard couldn't be bothered to update it so far.

    This isn't about "the good and the bad" it's about common courtesy, decency and not being an egoistic douchebag. A great many people don't want to play with those and if they don't want you can't force them. If you or your "friends" are kicked for your behavior you should rethink what you are doing and stop crying about the people not wanting you in their groups.

    Obviously you and the other ninjas are unable to do so. So instead you keep stroking each others ego telling each other your behavior is right and just. Power Ninjas Assemble!

  17. #417
    The Lightbringer thunderdragon2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    3,374
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidelstein View Post
    [/COLOR]

    Adds up to what? How many greens have you won in LFR? Assuming everyone rolls greed, you have a 1/25 chance of getting it. Greens do not drop every single run either.

    That people find this as some kind of moral outrage is HILARIOUS.
    ive been lucky enough to win 5 greens in a row on a greed roll in lfr

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-24 at 02:59 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Why especially as a tank? I tank almost every LFR AS MY MAGE (because baddies don't know how to get aggro) and it goes pretty smooth.


    Literally, every time the MT gets banished on Gara'jal, I'll immediately get aggro.
    then you should learn to wait a few seconds or watch ur threat

    lets put it this way i can go into lfd on my hunter and need on any trinket/neck/ring i want since the need option is highlighted im not stealing it but needing on a strength/int item is a dick move but its not ninjaing same can be done in lfr EVERY1 can need on green rings/necks/lockboxed only thing ive seen ppl need on tho are the lock boxes
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2013-02-24 at 03:03 AM.

  18. #418
    Herald of the Titans Suffer the Consequences's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ohhhhh yeah, infract me, I've been a bad bad boy
    Posts
    2,706
    If you need on greens I'll do everything I can to get you kicked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Standing up to an enemy she can't possibly defeat is more bad ass than Thrall using his magic penny to turn Deathwing into glitter.

  19. #419
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana View Post
    https://us.battle.net/support/en/art...zzard-s-stance

    What if I disagree with the way loot is distributed? Isn't that ninja looting?
    Not necessarily. A player using the "Need" or "Greed" rolling option to win a loot roll (including rolls for off-spec items) is not breaking any rule, and is simply using the loot mechanics as designed.

    ridiculous. people still claim that it's stealing, though blizzard asserts time and time again that this is how their game is meant to be played.
    The definition of a ninja looter is someone who is masterlooting items to himself without abiding the loot rules that were agreed to at the beginning of the raid. Technically you cant ninja loot unless you are using master looter.

    Waiting to see if everyone else rolls greed on an item and then rolling need to win the item because you either want to take it(like lockboxes or orbs) or because you think the other people dont think the item is important enough to need on doesnt really have a name. Neither does needing for offspec when a main spec character needs an item.

    All Blizzard's statement says is that hitting the need button when it is available isnt breaking the rules of the game. Its like saying carrying a stereo out of a store doesnt break the laws of physics. But if you dont pay for it its stealing. Needing on boes that you obviously dont need breaks the social rules of the game that agree that its only fair that everyone has a chance to win unusable items to make gold of of.

  20. #420
    Dreadlord taximals's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    915
    It annoys me a lot, lockboxes more-so, which really shouldn't have a need option to begin with.

    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    Imo they should but the need option should be removed when the item is a lower ilvl than your equipped gear and winning the roll makes it bop.
    Needing BoEs makes then BoP while you're in a dungeon finder group already, that was added part way through Cata I believe.

    ~ Armoury ~

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •