Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ...
13
21
22
23
24
25
... LastLast
  1. #441
    I have only seen ppl booted for this once. It was after a boss kill and the normal few ppl drop so as we cleared trash to the next boss somebody needed the greens. Since there was a rare downtime in combat as we waited to fill back up the group kicked them. Normally you are too close to just finishing combat, in combat or a loot roll is going on so you can't kick anybody. This is one of the reasons ppl do it. I wouldn't vote to kick them but I have no issue with ppl tossing whoever more or less steals from the group if they want to.
    Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before... He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. -Kurt Vonnegut, "Cat's Cradle"
    "Not everything on the internet is true." -- Abraham Lincoln
    Good is the enemy of great.

  2. #442
    Scarab Lord Atrea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    4,407
    The problem is, more than one person will roll need on them. Then the guy who wins it - who may not have been the first to roll need - gets railed for it?

    It's asinine.

  3. #443
    Stood in the Fire Evisiling's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom/England/Birmingham
    Posts
    416
    Yeah I've been called everything and people wanting to boot me from LFR for needing on Greens, I still do it, I mean why not? it isn't like people need them and if we would do the same on a purple item if it dropped, we couldnt anyway because LFR doesn't work like that. But they are greens! Its vendor loot, If people don't like it they should need on them too. Im sure most of them don't realise they are part of a profession so sometimes it can be genuinely needed on.

  4. #444
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    I don't understand how you can't see that the attitude you're displaying is pretty anti social. I mean, isn't it just common decency to be well.. decent, and allow everyone the same chance at an item by rolling greed, then its all fair everyone gets a go, rather than clicking need, and those that can't click need because of armor specifics are being done out of a chance.

    It's not about the fact its only a green item and is worth very little, it's the principle behind it, You wouldn't cheat someone out of their chance to win something in real life would you?

    Maybe I was brought up differently, but I was brought up to respect other people and be kind and polite and the difference between right and wrong, and I think rolling need on items, that not everyone can need on, hence removing them from having a fair chance at winning said item, is wrong.

    Each to their own though, but I don't suffer people that are like that, because if everyone were like that the world would be even worse off than it is right now. Thats my opinion on it, I guess we should just agree to disagree, but it makes me sad in way that people treat others with such little respect.
    But what you are not seeing is that when it comes right down to it, this is a game. If you play it like a single player game, like how it has been turning into with all these "conveniences of life" that blizz has added to the game (in the form of LFR, LFD, CRZ, taking group quests out of the game, taking elite mobs out of the game, giving no incentive to group up anymore), what it comes down to is just that: A single player game.

    When someone solo queues for LFR, for all they know, there are 24 other robots in the instance with them, and they are rolling against the computer. So the need option is the most logical option they would choose, especially if they really needed the extra gold / enchanting mats, hell, even need it to wear. Its not about treating other people with respect, because that was long gone when blizz decided it would be a bright idea to make the game an anonymous single player game.

    I again refer to the fact that I said that I do not necessarily condone the practice of needing on greens, but I do frown upon those who make an uproar about it and get so upset as to vote kick someone out of a raid where they have chosen to participate for their entertainment for the night.

    Again, its not the needing on greens, its the attitude of those who post: "OMG DAT GUY NED ON GREEN WE SHULD BOOT FROM RAID!"
    Lewor responds to Barkloud regarding travel time, and we get this glorious quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    And where did these magical percentages come from? I didn't realise someone's ass also doubled as a calculator.
    World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
    See you in WoD!

  5. #445
    the fact of the matter is. if you are 470 ilvl and inside a raid with 24 other people. you shouldnt be needing on greens because.. you dont need them!. you may want them to sell for 6 gold or to DE. but dont be surprised if you get kicked for being a greedy fuck. blues are 463 ilvl.. greens are lower..

    saw the same story happen with lockboxes.. oh and the 476 epic str necklace boe dropped. 8 people needed on it.. some ret pally actually could use it.. but guess who won lol.. the holy pally.. who turned it from a boe into a bop.

    humans are greedy in nature.. its good to call them out and kick them. if you are so desperate for 6gold go do a quest or something. lol

  6. #446
    Legendary! The Glitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Litwak's Arcade Sunny Scotland!
    Posts
    6,242
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    But what you are not seeing is that when it comes right down to it, this is a game. If you play it like a single player game, like how it has been turning into with all these "conveniences of life" that blizz has added to the game (in the form of LFR, LFD, CRZ, taking group quests out of the game, taking elite mobs out of the game, giving no incentive to group up anymore), what it comes down to is just that: A single player game.

    When someone solo queues for LFR, for all they know, there are 24 other robots in the instance with them, and they are rolling against the computer. So the need option is the most logical option they would choose, especially if they really needed the extra gold / enchanting mats, hell, even need it to wear. Its not about treating other people with respect, because that was long gone when blizz decided it would be a bright idea to make the game an anonymous single player game.

    I again refer to the fact that I said that I do not necessarily condone the practice of needing on greens, but I do frown upon those who make an uproar about it and get so upset as to vote kick someone out of a raid where they have chosen to participate for their entertainment for the night.

    Again, its not the needing on greens, its the attitude of those who post: "OMG DAT GUY NED ON GREEN WE SHULD BOOT FROM RAID!"
    And thats the issue though, these individuals think this way because -they- personally view the game this way, as a means of justifying their actions (needing on items thus removing the fairness) It's not the games fault, I have been here since late vanilla, and have always had the same outlook towards the game in respects to how I treat the other people that play, that hasn't changed even though the game has.

    So again it's down to individuals, to realise that what they are doing is not ok.

    The vote kick you can think of as similar to this:

    When a child does something wrong, you punish them, whether that be putting them on the naughty step to think about what they did and why they are there. Or by removing an item they love (pc/tv/bike etc) for a period of time, to show that their are repercussions for doing wrong.

    By needing on an item, that you don't truly need but just because you have no respect for the other 24 people, you will be vote kicked to show that this behavior is not ok.

    If people aren't discouraged from bad behavior then they never learn to be better people. I agree greens aren't worth fuss, but this behavior if allowed to continue, can lead to other situations where it's perhaps a rare item or an epic, or some other item that maybe one day you truly need and tough cookies cause some person clicked need just because they could.

    We teach people how to spec, how to keybind, how to find answers to their questions by giving them the tools, I think kicking people that have superiority complexes feeling like its ok to do 24 others out of a chance of an item is the only thing we have at our desposal in game that actually has a an effect on them, however small it may be. Teaches them it's not ok to be -that- person. *shrugs*

    It's not something that keeps me up at night of course But I do have an opinion on it, and well you asked for opinions!

  7. #447
    Quote Originally Posted by Evisiling View Post
    Yeah I've been called everything and people wanting to boot me from LFR for needing on Greens, I still do it, I mean why not? it isn't like people need them and if we would do the same on a purple item if it dropped, we couldnt anyway because LFR doesn't work like that. But they are greens! Its vendor loot, If people don't like it they should need on them too. Im sure most of them don't realise they are part of a profession so sometimes it can be genuinely needed on.
    I never needed on a purple just to sell it off. You say it is not like people need them....but yet you and others who need on greens need them. People don't need on said items because it in their opinion it is wrong. People who IMO need take advantage of the group knowing that most people will greed. You can't say no one needs them when you need it. TBH I did wish everyone would just need that way it just negates all this talk.

    People say it is one green item, it is 10-30g. How often does a LFR drop just 1 green? Essentially people who need on greens can easily make IMO 50-200g depending on how many greens drop,what kind of greens are there and if no one but that one guy needs. I just don't see how some people don't view it as wrong or believe that if you kick a person for needing, they are even more greedy. That doesn't even make sense, if I was more greedy, I would just NEED to increase my chances of getting said gold. I simply don't understand that logic.

  8. #448
    Pit Lord velde046's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,458
    I don't care whether people need on it, as far as I'm concerned they might actually nned the extra gold. I don't care anyway as long as it's not cluttering my bag....
    Not a reason to kick people anyway in my opinion.... since it's not your business to decide whether someone needs it or not....

  9. #449
    While I wouldn't go out of the way to initiate a kick, I will click 'Yes' when the option to pops up to me.

    People NEED greens because they see no ill consequence from doing so even when every one else GREEDS; clearly the majority of the player base disagrees and thinks it bad etiquette. Hence, they need to be taught a nice little lesson on how to play with others in a social game.

    If they mis-clicked, too bad. Mistakes happen and you can still get effed over for making them.

  10. #450
    When someone solo queues for LFR, for all they know, there are 24 other robots in the instance with them, and they are rolling against the computer.
    rofl is that how you justify your indecent behaviour?

  11. #451
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    kick for a green? a GREEN? yeah, a rare maybe, but a green? seriously, who cares? If you're kicking about needing on green you're too tightly wound and need to chill.
    need for a GREEN, yeah maybe a rare but green? serioussly who needs that shit? (if you do, you better unninstal the game already, you're very very bad at it)

  12. #452
    Over 9000! Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    9,805
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    The problem is, more than one person will roll need on them. Then the guy who wins it - who may not have been the first to roll need - gets railed for it?

    It's asinine.
    With any luck his being kicked will club the others who rolled need into line.

    I'd settle for that.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-02-25 at 09:38 AM.
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  13. #453
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    need for a GREEN, yeah maybe a rare but green? serioussly who needs that shit? (if you do, you better unninstal the game already, you're very very bad at it)
    Lol, even then when a rare drops (and they have in LFR), if someone needs on it, there are always a few retards who call them out for a vote kick. Same with epics. I saw someone vote kicked because they needed and won a trash world epic in MSV LFR. Just plain petty and pathetic.

    oh yeah and @Constellation:

    You keep assuming that the behavior of needing on greens is coming from me. You fail to read, and if you continue to gloss over any of the facts as they have been presented (that I am speaking about the practice of vote kicking for this), then you need a reality check in reading comprehension / logic.
    Lewor responds to Barkloud regarding travel time, and we get this glorious quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    And where did these magical percentages come from? I didn't realise someone's ass also doubled as a calculator.
    World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
    See you in WoD!

  14. #454
    The Lightbringer thunderdragon2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    3,369
    Quote Originally Posted by Syio View Post

    People NEED greens because they see no ill consequence from doing so even when every one else GREEDS; clearly the majority of the player base disagrees and thinks it bad etiquette. Hence, they need to be taught a nice little lesson on how to play with others in a social game.

    i haven't seen any1 in lfr wait till every1 clicked greed on a item to hit need they do that as soon as the option to roll appears

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-25 at 04:23 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    need for a GREEN, yeah maybe a rare but green? serioussly who needs that shit? (if you do, you better unninstal the game already, you're very very bad at it)
    unfortunaly hteres now soch a ting as transmog, tho some people still need on everything

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-25 at 04:24 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    With any luck his being kicked will club the others who rolled need into line.

    I'd settle for that.
    highly doubt that and there may be no way to know unless people use /loot who else needed on the item

  15. #455
    i dnt like the greedy pricks who need on every green or blue that drops in LFR, but i neither care enough too bother kicking them.
    i even most often pass the vote too kick on such cases. its just a green, he might be a greedy prick too need it for a few gold but im not gonna kick him over that.

  16. #456
    imo the guy that pressed need was probably a missclicked on his behalf
    Bad - This is a bad player, he refuses to learn how to play correctly.
    Casual - This is a player that will let everything else take priority over wow.
    Hardcore - This is a player that is fine with putting things on hold while he's on wow.
    Bad/Good - Measure of Skill.
    Casual/Hardcore - Measure of Time

  17. #457
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I did a trial of tests to see how prevailent booting at the first sight of taking greens. Here are my results:
    All trials took place in the first part of HoF, as this is the place where the likelyhood of trash greens dropping are the highest (a lot of trash)
    I ran this trash 10 times for purposes of the trial (healer = instant queues):
    7 out of 10 times someone said something about me needing on the green.
    of those 7 times, I was booted 5 times.
    The other 5 times I went on to kill the first boss with the LFR group.
    So 5 out of 10 times, i was booted from the group for needing on a Green. Seems like the community is rather divided, but personally I see it as 5 out of 10 times, jerks are so worried about a fricken green that they go out of the way to call someone out and get them booted. I also instantly inspected the people who first called me out, and as i suspected, 6 out of the 7 people who first called me out were undergeared baddies wearing pvp gear and greens themselves. Only 1 of them were wearing decent epicd out gear.
    Quite frankly this is just amazing. Over a GREEN.
    I did this same test but recorded my results over 100 runs and was kicked 70 times.

  18. #458
    The Lightbringer thunderdragon2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    3,369
    Quote Originally Posted by Etna View Post
    imo the guy that pressed need was probably a missclicked on his behalf

    try saying that when you see 4 hitting need as soon as the roll prompt appears

  19. #459
    Legendary! Luko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Danger Zone
    Posts
    6,181
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    But what you are not seeing is that when it comes right down to it, this is a game. If you play it like a single player game, like how it has been turning into with all these "conveniences of life" that blizz has added to the game (in the form of LFR, LFD, CRZ, taking group quests out of the game, taking elite mobs out of the game, giving no incentive to group up anymore), what it comes down to is just that: A single player game.

    When someone solo queues for LFR, for all they know, there are 24 other robots in the instance with them, and they are rolling against the computer. So the need option is the most logical option they would choose, especially if they really needed the extra gold / enchanting mats, hell, even need it to wear. Its not about treating other people with respect, because that was long gone when blizz decided it would be a bright idea to make the game an anonymous single player game.

    I again refer to the fact that I said that I do not necessarily condone the practice of needing on greens, but I do frown upon those who make an uproar about it and get so upset as to vote kick someone out of a raid where they have chosen to participate for their entertainment for the night.

    Again, its not the needing on greens, its the attitude of those who post: "OMG DAT GUY NED ON GREEN WE SHULD BOOT FROM RAID!"
    I'll be flat out honest; This is the most depressing thing I've ever read about an MMO.
    Listen kiddos, trust Handsome Jack. You want every part of this insanity.
    So many people are gonna die.

    Formerly Ryngo Blackratchet

  20. #460
    Bloodsail Admiral spaace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,112
    I always need lockboxes.

    Since needing a green makes it BOP.. meh. I don't know why people are so whiney over this, then there are more important matters at hand... (like terrible people)
    3DS FC: 5172 - 0403 - 7277
    Pokemon Y Safari Steel Type (Feroseed, Forretess, Brozong)
    Bravely Default
    White Mage|XIV Stream

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •