Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ...
14
22
23
24
25
26
LastLast
  1. #461
    We tend to run it as a group (for the sake of our sanity), and kick anyone who complains about others needing on greens and lockboxes.

    Odds are, the people complaining also clicked need but didn't win.

  2. #462
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    I'll be flat out honest; This is the most depressing thing I've ever read about an MMO.
    You didnt explain why this is the most depressing thing you have ever read. Why do you think this way?
    World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
    See you in WoD!

  3. #463
    The Lightbringer Ermahgerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,409
    Quote Originally Posted by Evisiling View Post
    Yeah I've been called everything and people wanting to boot me from LFR for needing on Greens, I still do it, I mean why not? it isn't like people need them and if we would do the same on a purple item if it dropped, we couldnt anyway because LFR doesn't work like that. But they are greens! Its vendor loot, If people don't like it they should need on them too. Im sure most of them don't realise they are part of a profession so sometimes it can be genuinely needed on.
    Yeah, most people don't need the greens. But neither do you, so why do you roll need on it? My main is an enchanter and even I don't need on it. That's why the Disenchant option is there partially.

  4. #464
    I am Murloc! Luko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Danger Zone
    Posts
    5,917
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    You didnt explain why this is the most depressing thing you have ever read. Why do you think this way?
    In the beginning of your post, it started to sound pretty good. To use your wording, "Logical." By the second paragraph however when you started to refer to everyone else as potential robots, it started to hit me. I wont go as far as to say "most" but there are a shit ton of players that have this exact same mentality. They need on things they dont need, they play selfishly, they don't add to the "teamwork" of a group outside of their specific queued role. It's just like they're in this alone and could give a fuck less about the other 4-9-24-39 people.

    That much was common sense, but when I kept reading and I realize it's gotten so bad that they actually think players taking group actions against their selfishness is actually selfish, that's when I kind of lose it. I stare at it like "this can't be real. He's got to realize how absurd that sounds and must be screwing with us or playing the extreme devil's advocate here. There's no WAY he actually thinks their group action towards his fuck-up is selfish."

    Then I stop and realize how overwhelming the number of players who feel this way probably is. I think about the communities from older MMOs like FFXI and Everquest are long dead. I realize that logging into an MMORPG these days is almost no different from signing in to play a couple matches in halo. It's not even a genre anymore, it's instant gratification on the same tier as mobile games and online FPS. It's an addiction depended on by the epitome of the socially inept.

    There's no logic in your statement, it's glorified opinion with a self appointed title, talking down to those who reply to you like they're having trouble grasping your wisdom. I can't speak for anyone else, but trust me, I understood your point of view 24 pages ago, I was just having trouble believing it was sincere.
    Last edited by Luko; 2013-02-25 at 06:26 PM.
    Listen kiddos, trust Handsome Jack. You want every part of this insanity.
    So many people are gonna die.

    Formerly Ryngo Blackratchet

  5. #465
    Bind the item of any and all "Need" rolls on BoE items in LFR to the person that rolled need on it. I had an idiot of a pally roll need on a 440 rare agility neck.

  6. #466
    I am Murloc! Luko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Danger Zone
    Posts
    5,917
    Quote Originally Posted by Azoth View Post
    Bind the item of any and all "Need" rolls on BoE items in LFR to the person that rolled need on it. I had an idiot of a pally roll need on a 440 rare agility neck.
    Yeah, I see shit like this happen all the time. They usually say something like "lol w/e." or other super constructive responses. People are pretty rad. /sarcasm
    Listen kiddos, trust Handsome Jack. You want every part of this insanity.
    So many people are gonna die.

    Formerly Ryngo Blackratchet

  7. #467
    People need roll on the items to take the gold, and they do it because they know enough people don't care, and will complain more about the people who call out someone needing on greens than the actual person needing.

    Blizzard needs to just remove the need button from max level dungeons for items that don't have a primary stat you can use, and all green boes.

  8. #468
    I kick players that need on greens regularly; i don't care about greens, but lockboxes the players get at least on my ignore list: as a healer i already have instant-invites, and if a player is on the ignore-list, at least he will have longer queue-times.

    People that needs on greens are anti-social and will always not play right: the one that needs on everything sucks mostly in dps or heal.

  9. #469
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    In the beginning of your post, it started to sound pretty good. To use your wording, "Logical." By the second paragraph however when you started to refer to everyone else as potential robots, it started to hit me. I wont go as far as to say "most" but there are a shit ton of players that have this exact same mentality. They need on things they dont need, they play selfishly, they don't add to the "teamwork" of a group outside of their specific queued role. It's just like they're in this alone and could give a fuck less about the other 4-9-24-39 people.

    That much was common sense, but when I kept reading and I realize it's gotten so bad that they actually think players taking group actions against their selfishness is actually selfish, that's when I kind of lose it. I stare at it like "this can't be real. He's got to realize how absurd that sounds and must be screwing with us or playing the extreme devil's advocate here. There's no WAY he actually thinks their group action towards his fuck-up is selfish."

    Then I stop and realize how overwhelming the number of players who feel this way probably is. I think about the communities from older MMOs like FFXI and Everquest are long dead. I realize that logging into an MMORPG these days is almost no different from signing in to play a couple matches in halo. It's not even a genre anymore, it's instant gratification on the same tier as mobile games and online FPS. It's an addiction depended on by the epitome of the socially inept.

    There's no logic in your statement, it's glorified opinion with a self appointed title, talking down to those who reply to you like they're having trouble grasping your wisdom. I can't speak for anyone else, but trust me, I understood your point of view 24 pages ago, I was just having trouble believing it was sincere.
    What you may not be grasping is that people do actually feel this way though. People play the "raid" game in LFR as a single player experience that is helped by 24 other robots in the raid. There very may well be 24 real life people sitting behind a monitor and keyboard that is in that digital world, but to the person who is single player minded and does everything in game solo, they are not real people.

    So why should you be upset with an ignorant player? Why should you care so much about the act of needing on such an insignificant thing such as a green that you have to go to lengths to boot them from raid?

    Me as a player, acknowledging that there are 24 other people there, CAN STILL SHRUG OFF THIS BEHAVIOR, because guess what, IT IS INSIGNIFICANT. It is petty behavior, that of a child who causes an uproar about silly, trivial things.

    This is not real life, no matter how much you want it to be. No matter how much you want to escape from real life, and pretend that a game is your new life.. Reality check: its not. Treat the game like a game. Treat it what it is, and dont let the actions of other random people on the internet affect you in such a way to destroy your fun for the night.

    Booting someone from an LFR raid for that action is like a little kid feeling upset that he only got one scoop of icecream instead of two.
    World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
    See you in WoD!

  10. #470
    What you may not be grasping is that people do actually feel this way though. People play the "raid" game in LFR as a single player experience that is helped by 24 other robots in the raid. There very may well be 24 real life people sitting behind a monitor and keyboard that is in that digital world, but to the person who is single player minded and does everything in game solo, they are not real people.
    Don't generalize people who just do LFR and mainly plays the game by themselves. I have done nothing but LFR and I don't see everyone as a robot or not real people and guess what, a lot of people feel this way. Kinda hard for robots or real people to say hi, ask for food buffs and argue with each other and call everyone noobs. Kinda hard for a robots and not real people to get upset at someone who needs on a green. The VERY fact that a person gets booted from a LFR shows that you are dealing with real people. In the end, no matter how much a person views this game as a single player game, they deal with real life people for as long as they are in the game.

    So why should you be upset with an ignorant player? Why should you care so much about the act of needing on such an insignificant thing such as a green that you have to go to lengths to boot them from raid?
    What lengths? Clicking a player's name and clicking kick takes a few seconds. Some people care cause they don't want to play in their eyes with a jerk. They don't want to play with a player that takes advantage of others who roll greed cause it is the "right" thing to do. They certainly take advantage of me rolling greed, but I don't feel strongly enough to initiate a vote kick. I feel like it is a greedy move, but whatever.
    Me as a player, acknowledging that there are 24 other people there, CAN STILL SHRUG OFF THIS BEHAVIOR, because guess what, IT IS INSIGNIFICANT. It is petty behavior, that of a child who causes an uproar about silly, trivial things.
    It is the ACT of doing needing on something that has value and a green has a little value. It is the act to some that the person needing is taking advantage of others. To others don't really care if it is a green or not, but they felt cheated out of getting that roll cause they believe that in their mind they did the "right thing" be rolling greed and see someone rolling need. To you, you look at it as insignificant cause of the value of the item, but to a lot of people, it isn't about the value per say but the act itself.

    This is not real life, no matter how much you want it to be. No matter how much you want to escape from real life, and pretend that a game is your new life.. Reality check: its not. Treat the game like a game. Treat it what it is, and dont let the actions of other random people on the internet affect you in such a way to destroy your fun for the night.
    True, but it doesn't give you a green light to be a jerk. Would you be really ok with a person who needs a trinket they obviously don't need and isn't a enchanter over a player who is freshly a 90 who obviously needs it? Would you be ok with a person for the entire expansion ganks the same single player for almost hours on end on a pvp realm essentially making it almost impossible to do anything? It is within the rules of the game. You think it is ok if a person tricks another by selling a item "cheaply" on trade compared to AH, only to find out that the person who listed the item in AH is the same person as in trade? I believe there isn't a rule against that. Basically to you, it is ok to be a jerk in game as long as it is within the rules as long as that jerk is having fun at other peoples' expense right? Let me guess you are gonna say those people should grow up right? Do you advocate being a jerk IRL as long as it is not breaking the law? In the end, most of the avatars you see have people behind them and that peoples' actions within the game can affect them, why because we're human. There was a reason why there were black lists back in the day before LFD.

    Booting someone from an LFR raid for that action is like a little kid feeling upset that he only got one scoop of icecream instead of two.
    No, not that isn't how it is like. People who boot others for needing is like people getting upset that is it generally assumed everyone will walk for ice cream instead of run to it. That someone ran for ice cream, beat them to it, and took all the ice cream cause there isn't any rules against running. Those people got upset that the runner broke a unwritten rule. Is it those peoples' fault for having that unwritten rule in mind, yea, but then again it is kind of a unwritten rule in life to try not to be a jerk, how stupid of them to carry a such a rule into the game, every man for themselves right?
    Last edited by Theendgamelv3; 2013-02-25 at 11:31 PM.

  11. #471
    In honor of this thread, I'm going to start just voting to kick anyone I see needing a green or lockbox. I won't say anything in chat, just vote to kick. Would be awesome if the community got to the point where green-needers were kicked without anyone saying anything.

  12. #472
    Man, there are some greedy people here lol. Its a green, who cares. I dont even pay attention to any of the loot that goes about. Gold is over rated.

  13. #473
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post

    Booting someone from an LFR raid for that action is like a little kid feeling upset that he only got one scoop of icecream instead of two.

    Actually it's more like knocking the ice cream cone out of the hand of the little twat who flicked dirt in yours. I'll gladly vote kick someone who's needing on greens. It's not a big deal but it's certainly an asshole move and why should I put up with an asshole when potentially dealing with them is as easy as a right and a left click?


    Also can you avoid using the cop out argument "it's a game"? Speaking of people acting like a child it really is the lowest level of argumentative form when discussing anything in a game. Fact is yes it's just a game, but monopoly isn't fun either if some asshole keeps flicking your pieces across the room and stealing your money when you get up to go to the bathroom. I do find it funny that while yes the act is insignificant you're still trying to justify it.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

  14. #474
    we booted someone during the love boss for needing on a tigerseye.

  15. #475
    I will boot you for needing on a green. Why??? because you're a scrub. that is all

  16. #476
    Who cares it's LFR

  17. #477
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    In honor of this thread, I'm going to start just voting to kick anyone I see needing a green or lockbox. I won't say anything in chat, just vote to kick. Would be awesome if the community got to the point where green-needers were kicked without anyone saying anything.
    You can roll need on a lockbox too, so why kick people for needing on it? You've just as much opportunity to win it as they do.

  18. #478
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Under your bridge, stomping your trollz!
    Posts
    2,009
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I searched and couldnt find a recent similar topic to post in, so here it goes:

    I couldnt believe what I saw transpire in LFR the other night...

    So the run is going smooth, it is the first half of HoF, and the trash packs after the first boss dropped a few greens. Before I finish my story let me say this: when a green drops, why on earth do people care if someone needs on it or not?

    Yes thats right, as you probably have guessed, a guy needed on a single green mail item. It was like a belt or something. Instantly, like 3 people called him out, and demanded that he be booted from the raid. WTF? Are you such an asshole that you completely lose it when someone needs on a frickin green item?

    A GREEN ITEM. Its not like it was a blue or even an epic. It was GREEN. Why anyone would get upset and demand to boot the guy because of that is just beyond me. It also just goes to show you how entitled and selfish several people are when it comes to this game.

    It wasnt justified that he was booted, as he was doing rather quite well on the dps meters (i believe he was in the top 3 on the first boss).

    TL;DR - Get off your high horse and quit with the petty booting ppl that need on greens in LFR.
    Because not a single player in LFR actually NEEDS green items. Everyone is getting a repair bill and greens should be equally available to all people for vendor to pay for repairs.

    That being said, people are stupid for greeding them at all. EVERYONE should need them so no one steals them.

  19. #479
    Mechagnome Kanariya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    571
    People needing on greens could just be needing for d/e, taking away the actual d/e rolls other players make.

  20. #480
    Quote Originally Posted by Petur View Post
    Man, there are some greedy people here lol. Its a green, who cares. I dont even pay attention to any of the loot that goes about. Gold is over rated.
    This doesn't make a lot of sense. How can people be greedy when they roll greed instead of need? I never understood how people think like this.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •