Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    I ninja greens myself as im enchanter cba to buy my mats but the raid cant afford to kick the tank as they will waste their own time

Quote Originally Posted by sarklord View Post
    the need b greed system is outadet.
    i only see a solution: when a loot window pops,only two options:

a) i want it (for whatever reason, upgrade, for vendoring, disenchant, whatever)
    b) i don´t want it.

that´s it, no more loot drama.
    Then one day in a dungeon the BIS weapon drops for your class and I need on it because I want to vendor it for 55 gold. Yoink! Too bad for you!

Then you could prove there would be no more loot drama by taking it like a man and not complaining about it.

I think you have solved all of wows problems.

Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    I ninja greens myself as im enchanter cba to buy my mats but the raid cant afford to kick the tank as they will waste their own time
    You epitomize what's wrong with the community.

[QUOTE=Jaylock;20305620]False. Need implies that you need the item for ANY PERSONAL USE OF YOUR CHOOSING. You can need it for gold, DE, repairs, to wear, whatever.. it doesnt matter the reason, the fact of the matter is, blizz allows you to roll need on it for anything you choose, and everyone else has the same opportunity.

So, by your logic; vote to kick is also used for kicking anyone you choose regardless of what they do, and blizzard allows it so that makes it a right thing to do.

Unless it is after 2 am the chances are it takes 2-3 minutes to replace a tank. I think its worth the risk if you think needing on greens is worth the risk of being kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    And then you get kicked.
    I never get kicked

Deleted
    Yeah, right. They waste like 2 or 3 minutes. It's not like tanks in lfr are something rare/special.

Quote Originally Posted by TacTican View Post
    I believe the rationale is that if you need on a green item that you clearly don't need, you will have no compunction against doing the same for an epic drop off the trash and take it from someone who really may desperately need it.

Just my internal speculation though. Usually when the votekick comes up I vote "No."

There are no epics from trash in LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is the principle of the matter. I like when I get a group that actually penalizes someone for behaving in such a selfish manner, it gives me hope that the community will learn how to use the tools blizzard has provided to us to help moderate such behaviors. I'm sorry if you're upset by the fact that I have a strong set of morals; I will inflict penalties on people over a matter of principle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    When everyone has the option to select need, it isn't stealing...
    Except clothies can't need on leather+, leather-wearers can't need on mail+, mail users can't need on plate...only plate wearers can need on anything...and that's discounting if they apply the stat rules to green loot, which at this point doesn't even matter since not everyone has the option to select need even without it.

---------- Post added 2013-02-22 at 02:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    There are no epics from trash in LFR.
    World drops can drop from LFR trash

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

I wouldnt vote kick someone for needing on 1 green because its easy to click the wrong button accidentally and it is just a green. So a warning is fine. If they do it multiple separate times they are getting kicked because they are basically stealing the loot that you helped get. The only use for greens is to make gold through vendor or de and for alts there is plenty of other gear(plus you can trade needed items).

If they need on a blue or epic that they obviously cant use they are getting kicked. These items are worth enough on the AH that it equivalent to grand theft from the raid. IDK why people need on these if they cant use them anyway because they become soulbound, they cant sell them. There are much cheaper methods to get enchanting mats.

I also feel like kicking people that DE boe blues and epics. Just for being stupid. If you dont know what to do with them just let someone else have them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Doesnt tend to accept opposing views? I have never seen him accept an opposing view, 'tend to' denotes there is a possibility that he would.
    Tend to already have made up your mind? Again, 'tend to' would denote at least a small chance of it being possible.
    Of course he is making posts to vent, this is a simple case of, "I did things that people didn't like me doing and then they did something that I didn't like them doing (kicking me) so now I am going to come to the forums and scream about how I think its dickish for someone to kick me for doing something that they consider dickish. Only its me who did it so it can't possibly be bad behavior because I'm me and they are not!"

Its a Jaylockcentric world don't cha' know?
    Where do you surmise that it was me that originally needed on the greens with my OP?

I explicitly said it was another random person. I was just bringing up the fact that people actually care so much about a green item to go as far as booting them from the LFR run. Its quite comical that people get so upset over a green item that they would go so far as to initiate a vote kick, and sad at the same time.

I have agreed with several people on these forums over the course of time. I have even agreed with you on occasion DeadmanWalking, I just dont always have to voice myself that I have agreed with someone in the form of a post, like you seem to think has to be done.

What would you like me to do in this case? Just stop discussion because I dont agree with your view point? Isnt that the point of discussion? So what if I dont care that people need on greens? Does that make you mad that I dont care? I mean really answer that question.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do you know how much gold you could make from just a single lockbox? I'd rather need on it than risk some random guy winning it and vendoring/deleting it.
    I am fully aware.

And by this, you kind of answered your own question. The principle of needing on a lockbox is no different than a green, the only actual difference is that the potential monetary reward for the lockbox is MUCH bigger.

I don't know why lockboxes aren't greed only, but meh.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree to the vote kick when somebody does this. It's greedy and unnecessary.

God forbid that a group of people should decide that an individuals behavior is bad and punish them. Personally I think we could use more of this in WoW.

Most people would realise the first time that this is frowned upon and stop doing it, other people do it 10 times and get kicked 5 times and come to the forums to complain that they didnt like the actions of people who didnt like their actions in the game. What was that old saying about people who repeatedly do the same thing over and over again expecting a different result?

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Except clothies can't need on leather+, leather-wearers can't need on mail+, mail users can't need on plate...only plate wearers can need on anything...and that's discounting if they apply the stat rules to green loot, which at this point doesn't even matter since not everyone has the option to select need even without it.

---------- Post added 2013-02-22 at 02:32 PM ----------

World drops can drop from LFR trash
    Thats true but what is your stand on lockboxes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    stop the bullshit,you know it's not over the green.It's over disrespect.If someone thinks the people they raid with are inferior to them and they can just take items from the raid....well he disrespects the raid.WoW is still an mmo,so if you're not socially retarded you know it's important to respect the people you want to play with.

Also you missed the majority that voted you out,you should have inspected them too before taking conclusions.
    Most people won't say anything because they can't be arsed,but if the vote pops up they will show you what they think about you 'just' taking a green.
    Quit with the over the top semantics and get off your high horse.

I conducted the test to see how many people even give a rats ass to initiate some spark of opposition to it. It was these people who I inspected as they were the first ones to mention anything about the greens being needed on. They were bad players in bad gear that should not have been there in the first place, using epics in their bags and other gear to subsidize them getting in the run.

Lets face it, LFR is where the walmart shoppers go to raid, and when I see the first people to call me out for needing on the greens (while conducting the test) it was proved by what they were wearing and their position in the dps meters.

Deleted
    I never get kicked
    From my groups you would be kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    I am fully aware.

And by this, you kind of answered your own question. The principle of needing on a lockbox is no different than a green, the only actual difference is that the potential monetary reward for the lockbox is MUCH bigger.

I don't know why lockboxes aren't greed only, but meh.
    I have only ever seen lockboxes drop maybe 2 gold, a green and maybe 2-3 pieces of cloth.

Typically when it comes to greens and lockboxes I just pass on them as they are more bother than they are worth to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jaylock, answer me these questions please. Do you really think people care about the green in this situation? Have you considered that people simply find the behavior abhorrent and refuse to allow it to go unchecked? Why are you ignoring every single post that mentions it as being a principle of the matter?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.