Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't care if they need on that crap. I need on it too. People call me out, i tell them to get over themselves and ask them if their lives are really that sad.

Usually they get trolled into silence by this point, by the rest of the group. Just gotta react fast!

Quote Originally Posted by otro View Post
    Are you really that dumb? of course a fucking green item won't make any difference, the problem is that people use this mentality also for things that matter.
    If it doesn't matter, why waste your time complaining? It's a trivial thing to complain about.

that's like saying it's ok to steal a dollar from a millionaire because 'it won't make any difference to him'.
    No, it isn't. You're taking something from a lottery table from a game that allows you to roll for it. In the case of lockboxes, there is nothing from stopping you rolling Need.

You kids need to learn how life really works...I'm not talking about a pixel item here, but YOU ARE advocating for bad behavior.
    You're comparing real life instances to what happens in a computer game. You are bitching about pixels and comparing them to real life money... the delicious irony. Don't lecture to people that they should learn how real life works when you have little to no perspective.

I'd advocate for booting from the group.

Needing on greens and lockboxes is an asshole thing to do.

Sure, nothing prevents you from rolling need on the green, but hey...

Nothing prevents us from kicking you either, now does it?
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Usually if someone needs after the second time while everyone else is greeding someone will say something in chat. If they keep doing it its blatantly obvious they are trying to rack up stuff to DE later on. If they need after we told them to stop we kick them.

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    You've been crying louder than anyone else on this thread.

I'll check back on this thread tomorrow just to see how many more posts you've made on this topic than you think is extremely trivial.
    Telling people that they're being crybabies, and that saying comparing something this trivial to rl instances shows a lack of perspective != crying. Whining about people Needing for something relatively worthless *is* crying.

Yeah I think it's extremely trivial, but the amount of bitching is a sad state of affairs. Heaven forbid someone takes away the chance for you to roll on 30g, while most of the raid doesn't give a rats and pushes on. You and a lot of other people here are so precious. As I said, get some perspective.

---------- Post added 2013-02-23 at 06:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I'd advocate for booting from the group.

Needing on greens and lockboxes is an asshole thing to do.

Sure, nothing prevents you from rolling need on the green, but hey...

Nothing prevents us from kicking you either, now does it?
    Terrific logic!

If there's no problem in the first place (since you can need as well), then there's zero reason to kick. That's like saying to kick someone out of a raffle competition because they put their ticket in the high tier comp, yet you didn't and had the chance to, but put yours in the 2nd tier comp and expected that person to.

As I said, if you can roll need as well, you do not have a leg to stand on, and there's no grounds booting except for being angry that you didn't roll need instead. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Heidelstein View Post

Terrific logic!

If there's no problem in the first place (since you can need as well), then there's zero reason to kick. That's like saying to kick someone out of a raffle competition because they put their ticket in the high tier comp, yet you didn't and had the chance to, but put yours in the 2nd tier comp and expected that person to.

As I said, if you can roll need as well, you do not have a leg to stand on, and there's no grounds booting except for being angry that you didn't roll need instead. =)
    False.

It isn't against game rules to kick = therefore, it is totally okay to kick, should enough people agree with you.

just like

It isn't against game rules to need on an item you don't need = therefore, it is totally okay to roll need on an item you don't need

You've no moral leg to stand on here.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-02-23 at 07:52 AM.
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    False.

It isn't against game rules to kick = therefore, it is totally okay to kick.

just like

It isn't against game rules to need on an item you don't need = therefore, it is totally okay to roll need on an item you don't need

You've no moral leg to stand on here.
    This isn't about morals, it's about what's practical. You're kicking them because you're just a bitter crybaby. =)

It's the little fiends that wait for everyone else to roll greed, then they roll need, that get the boot.

This isn't about morals, it's about what's practical. You're kicking them because you're just a bitter crybaby. =)
    So if it's not a moral problem, what's the issue?

They got their green, they're happy. I kicked them, I'm happy.

So everyone got what they wanted, right?
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Spammer of the Horde View Post
    I don't care if they need on that crap. I need on it too. People call me out, i tell them to get over themselves and ask them if their lives are really that sad.

Usually they get trolled into silence by this point, by the rest of the group. Just gotta react fast!
    Isn't it way more sad to need on stuff you don't actually need out of greed and egoism because you lack any kind of decency and knowledge about normal human interaction? Oh wait, yes it is. You guys are internet tough guys, nothing else. You're a pretty sad bunch hiding behind anonimity and people not being able to actually lay hand on you. And the truly funny thing is how you try to belittle people for YOUR bad behavior because they don't want to accept it.

ITT: Ninjalooter complains about being kicked for ninjalooting while pretending someone else took the item.

And you're clearly missing the point. Luckily there's still some sort of common moral stand point in the community. One of them is NOT needing on shit, you don't need. Sure, it might just be 30g or even less. But it still has a value and if you do this often enough, you will have enough mats to make gold off enchanting.

Some people might miss click from time to time but those people mostly say "sorry miss click". Then there's people like a douche I met in LFR the other day. He just kept needing on every single green and lockbox he could. People told him to stop that shit, but some took his side and said what you're saying. The retard was kicked and the moral of the story is "follow the common moral code when grouping with others, you aren't entitled to anything else than others and no, you don't need greens more than others"

Telling people that they're being crybabies, and that saying comparing something this trivial to rl instances shows a lack of perspective != crying.
    Actually, after reading through the last few pages of the thread...yes, you do appear quite whiny - much more than anyone else in here.

Also, like I said: Go ahead and continue rolling need on greens. No one can prevent you from doing it.
    But make clear to yourself that you aren't as important to any group as you seem to think - if you get kicked out (which will eventually happen), deal with it.
    Last edited by Pendra; 2013-02-23 at 01:55 PM.

Blah blah blah. I'm not the one crying over green items.

Get over it.

Yes. That's why people who steal a wad of gum don't get years in jail, unlike armed robbers holding up a bank.

1 <---- You.
    0 <---- Perspective.

Get some.

Because it's a green and nigh on worthless?

We should tar and feather people who steal pocket lint.
    Not sure where you're from, but in the countries I know, theft is not the same crime as armed robbery, and thus not punished the same. Of course in real life you do have a slight margin for punishment, so stealing something small on a first offence will probably get you less jail time then stealing something big or as a repeat offence, but in WoW we don't have a margin. It's kick or don't kick, and you can't kick a little.

You seem to like to throw around the 'perspective' term, without actually explaining what you mean by it. Stealing is stealing, it doesn't matter what or where from. Needing on stuff you don't need, is greed, not need, no matter what it is or where it drops. Crimes always start small, as does anti-social behaviour in WoW, which you are a beautiful example of. Just because something is worth little (not worthless, or why would the person need?), doesn't mean it's ok to take it. It's the reason this community is so terrible, because people like 'him' need on stuff he doesn't need and people like you think it's fine.

Ah well, it's not like it's any use 'reasoning' with you, you just throw your toys out of the crib and cry some more about perspective.

ps. Perspective is punishing less for stealing a bread when you're starving and more for stealing a bike because you're too lazy to work. I doubt that needy player needed the 30 gold so badly that it puts his behaviour in perspective.
    Arguing with a troll is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what you do or say, he will just knock over the pieces, take a shit on the board and strut around like he won the whole damn thing.

Needing on greens is dumb and wrong, but the degree of dumb and wrong is just too small. I wouldn't need on greens/lockboxes, and I don't condone anyone doing it, but stopping the whole raid while trying to convince enough people to votekick is just a waste of time for everyone for something of such tiny consequence. Taking a principled stand against it is like taking a principled stand against going 10+ over the speed limit or sampling food out of the bulk bins at the supermarket. When the effort of fighting the battle does more inconvenience to yourself than the original crime, it's time to just realize this isn't a perfect world and focus on doing the right thing yourself.

That said, as a matter of game design, you shouldn't be able to need on greens/lockboxes.
    Last edited by Rowlga; 2013-02-23 at 03:35 PM.

if you need on an item that you obviously don't need there's no trust there, people will think you are a bad person and a bad player and demand that you get booted out before you do other dick moves like just sitting there during boss fights or running into the purple circle on galaron

This is a more serious offense than some might realize. Some of us depend on that small amount of gold from lfr greens to get by. I have six young internet RP children to feed, and if some jerk is needing on the greens and taking away my chance to earn a little gold, my e-children go hungry. Do you want internet children to starve? If not, then boot someone whenever they hit need on lfr greens.

Blah blah blah. I'm not the one crying over green items.

Get over it.
    Boom goes the dynamite! Almost entertaining how quickly those without logic run out of defense for their mindless actions.

Anyway, of course it's a dick move, no matter how you slice it. Now that we have a disenchant option right on the loot screen and the fact that all boss loots are roll-less, they really should remove the "need" function in LFR. You don't need the green, simple as that. You need the cash? So does everyone else. You need the enchanting mats? Get in line, there's a button for that.

Why is this hard to follow? "LOLZ DUNT CRY" is not and never was a valid response to anything, it's simply the popular cue card the internet kids run to when they're out of valid rebuttals.
    Listen kiddos, trust Handsome Jack. You want every part of this insanity.
    So many people are gonna die.

Formerly Ryngo Blackratchet

No, it's not morally right, but kicking is a little over the top.