Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidelstein View Post
    This isn't about morals, it's about what's practical. You're kicking them because you're just a bitter crybaby. =)
    You can tell yourself that if it makes you feel better. Like I said early, for many people clicking need on Green\lockboxes is consider a douchbag test. You fail the test,you get kicked. In the groups where we have successfully kicked Needers, there was very little chat, Just "Bob needed that lock box, kick him"...15 secs later, Bob is removed, a few people "lol" and the raid moves on. In cases, where Bob doesn't get kicked, the raid goes on and there is very little chatter afterwards

These days as soon as a green\lockbox drops, I hit my "Let's see who needs on that green\lockbox" macro. It's never a case of "Oh gosh, I wish I thought of rolling need on that..I'm so mad...Grrrrr! I must exact revenge on them" If it makes that person feel better to think that's why they got kicked, then they think that while they wait for their que to pop again.

Obviously, if the group agrees enough for a vote kick to pass, then more than just 1 or 2 people disagree with needing on greens. it has nothing to do with value of said green. Again, it's a douchbag test for many. Fail the test and they'll seek to remove you.

The people that keep saying everyone can need on them are forgetting that not everyone can. If it's plate only plate-wearers can need on it, etc.

Blah blah blah. I'm not the one crying over green items.

Get over it.
    No, you're the one crying buckets over getting kicked from a group that's full of "crybabies", although you can easily get an instant group right off the bat afterwards.

Now THAT is some super serious issue, right?

LFR is partly about putting up with people you otherwise wouldn't form a guild or a raid with, because it's up to the system who you get put together with.
    If you can't handle that, I suggest quitting LFR and finding a guild with like-minded individuals, and resort to raiding only with them so no feelings will get hurt (you won't get kicked, they won't be mad for needing everything).

And by "a guild with like-minded individuals", I mean one where everyone runs around in raids needing on everything they can, yelling "LULZ CRY MOAR, IF I CAN NEED IT I CAN NEED IT FOR VENDORING", or even better, a raid that uses Master Looter or Loot Council to disenchant everything and be like "LOL don't be mad that I'm in a higher tier in the lottery than you, you too could be master looter, why aren't you? It's just a purple anyway, it's all pixels, you whiny little sh*t!"
    I'm sure it would be lovely.

This thread is an excellent source for sorting MMO posters by D&D alignment.

Jaylock? CHAOTIC EVIL.
    Last edited by Jarion; 2013-02-23 at 04:14 PM. Reason: Jaylock's alignment
    Let Reason Prevail

It's a green, get over it.

Yeah it's a bit of a douche move, but kicking is even more douche. Everyone is a douche to a certain degree.
    Last edited by willtron; 2013-02-23 at 04:17 PM.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post

Yeah it's a bit of a douche move, but kicking is even more douche. Everyone is a douche to a certain degree.
    How is kicking even more douche? Don't need on the green and you wont get kicked. If you get kicked you only have yourself to blame.

I pass on all items in lfr since I have a paranoid, most probably wrong theory where I think it might screw with my chances to "win" a roll on boss items :P

but if I vote to kick comes up for someone that has been needing on green stuff, be it one item or constantly I usually just press no, I really don't give a shit for the 20g you get out of it

Pit Lord
    if you're beeing a dick and rolling need on item you clearly dont need , i will be a dick and vote kick you out , take your chances ^^

Mechagnome
    It's a matter of principle to me. You just don't need on items that you don't need. If you do, feel free to accept the consequences.

But to be honest, the problem lies deep in the WoW community now. It's just need if you can need. In cata people asked if they could need for their OS 90% of the time. post-LFR and especially in MoP, people need stuff for OS over other people's main specs. (main spec being your role in the group).

So all police are douche?
    Nice logic you got there...

I will vote kick each and every time. It's not the gold for me. It's the principle .
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...amutx/advanced

"Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Sometimes those opinions are wrong though." Daxxarri

The Lightbringer judgementofantonidas's Avatar
    The only way to police greedy players that need on things to take advantage of the fact that they know the majority will correctly hit greed is to give them something to remember why they should not.

In this case having to sit through another que wait seems more than appropriate.

There is no bad RNG only bad L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Blizzard shouldn't have Need be an option on BoE items.
    indeed I agree - though only for random groups ofc if you make your own group (that is, 100% groupmembers are invited by you) then it doesn't matter

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    It also just goes to show you how entitled and selfish several people are when it comes to this game.
    This doesn't apply to the ones voting to kick, but to the ones needing them greenies.
    I wouldn't go as far as call someone out on it, but I wouldn't hesitate to kick them out either.
    WBMA - Leave our beards alone

Battletag - Whitey#2918 - feel free to add me, I'm a social animal

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    It also just goes to show you how entitled and selfish several people are when it comes to this game.
    Now that I read the post again, I'm 100% sure he's just fucking with us.

Seriously? Calling people selfish for taking a GROUP action to prevent someone from doing something incredibly selfish? You realize needing and taking an item that's fair game between 25 different people is pretty much the definition of selfish, right? I'm not even surprised anymore, it's actually very representative of a decently large chunk of our population anymore.
    Listen kiddos, trust Handsome Jack. You want every part of this insanity.
    So many people are gonna die.

Formerly Ryngo Blackratchet

Quote Originally Posted by Exorte View Post
    So all police are douche?
    Nice logic you got there...
    no, not all police, some police are more of a douche than others, just like any other person. Douche is a scale not boolean

---------- Post added 2013-02-23 at 07:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Marfrilau View Post
    How is kicking even more douche? Don't need on the green and you wont get kicked. If you get kicked you only have yourself to blame.
    kick for a green? a GREEN? yeah, a rare maybe, but a green? seriously, who cares? If you're kicking about needing on green you're too tightly wound and need to chill.
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps

kick for a green? a GREEN? yeah, a rare maybe, but a green? seriously, who cares? If you're kicking about needing on green you're too tightly wound and need to chill.
    I would kick, it is a good 8-20g there, every gold counts.

And obvious enough people cared so that the vote kick went through, that is all that matters.

Blah blah blah. I'm not the one crying over green items.

Get over it.
    You are the one crying for people kicking you from groups. Ninja less, get kicked less, cry less? Would be a solution to your problem.

Might want to explain how people not being willing to let ninjas carry on ninjaing whatever they can such depraving everyone else of their chance to get said loot and quite possibly ending up taking something someone needs while destroying everyone's fun is "even more douche"?

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    I would kick, it is a good 8-20g there, every gold counts.

And obvious enough people cared so that the vote kick went through, that is all that matters.
    9/10 a vote kick comes up and people just click like in LFG, kicks in LFR are because one whiny person kicks up a stink. You get 28g from a LFR boss anyway and 20g is pocket change in MoP.
    Last edited by willtron; 2013-02-23 at 07:14 PM.
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps

I am Murloc! Huntingbear_grimbatol's Avatar
    Why do you feel that you are more entitled to anything than anyone else in the group or raid? you all spend the same ammount of time which should give you the same chances of getting rewards. If you need that means you need it as a perma or temp upgrade, if it's neither you're just being greedy and that's what the GREED roll is for...
    9thorder.com | 14/14 Heroic 25-man | West 114 | Recruiting for Warlords of Draenor!

Follow our raids on Twitch!Bear - Retribution PoV