Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    It's a matter of principle to me. You just don't need on items that you don't need. If you do, feel free to accept the consequences.

But to be honest, the problem lies deep in the WoW community now. It's just need if you can need. In cata people asked if they could need for their OS 90% of the time. post-LFR and especially in MoP, people need stuff for OS over other people's main specs. (main spec being your role in the group).

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    It's a green, get over it.

Yeah it's a bit of a douche move, but kicking is even more douche. Everyone is a douche to a certain degree.
    So all police are douche?
    Nice logic you got there...

I will vote kick each and every time. It's not the gold for me. It's the principle .
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...amutx/advanced

"Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Sometimes those opinions are wrong though." Daxxarri

The only way to police greedy players that need on things to take advantage of the fact that they know the majority will correctly hit greed is to give them something to remember why they should not.

In this case having to sit through another que wait seems more than appropriate.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Blizzard shouldn't have Need be an option on BoE items.
    indeed I agree - though only for random groups ofc if you make your own group (that is, 100% groupmembers are invited by you) then it doesn't matter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    It also just goes to show you how entitled and selfish several people are when it comes to this game.
    This doesn't apply to the ones voting to kick, but to the ones needing them greenies.
    I wouldn't go as far as call someone out on it, but I wouldn't hesitate to kick them out either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    It also just goes to show you how entitled and selfish several people are when it comes to this game.
    Now that I read the post again, I'm 100% sure he's just fucking with us.

Seriously? Calling people selfish for taking a GROUP action to prevent someone from doing something incredibly selfish? You realize needing and taking an item that's fair game between 25 different people is pretty much the definition of selfish, right? I'm not even surprised anymore, it's actually very representative of a decently large chunk of our population anymore.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Exorte View Post
    So all police are douche?
    Nice logic you got there...
    no, not all police, some police are more of a douche than others, just like any other person. Douche is a scale not boolean

---------- Post added 2013-02-23 at 07:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Marfrilau View Post
    How is kicking even more douche? Don't need on the green and you wont get kicked. If you get kicked you only have yourself to blame.
    kick for a green? a GREEN? yeah, a rare maybe, but a green? seriously, who cares? If you're kicking about needing on green you're too tightly wound and need to chill.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

10+ Year Old Account
    kick for a green? a GREEN? yeah, a rare maybe, but a green? seriously, who cares? If you're kicking about needing on green you're too tightly wound and need to chill.
    I would kick, it is a good 8-20g there, every gold counts.

And obvious enough people cared so that the vote kick went through, that is all that matters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidelstein View Post
    Blah blah blah. I'm not the one crying over green items.

Get over it.
    You are the one crying for people kicking you from groups. Ninja less, get kicked less, cry less? Would be a solution to your problem.

It's a green, get over it.

Yeah it's a bit of a douche move, but kicking is even more douche. Everyone is a douche to a certain degree.
    Might want to explain how people not being willing to let ninjas carry on ninjaing whatever they can such depraving everyone else of their chance to get said loot and quite possibly ending up taking something someone needs while destroying everyone's fun is "even more douche"?

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    I would kick, it is a good 8-20g there, every gold counts.

And obvious enough people cared so that the vote kick went through, that is all that matters.
    9/10 a vote kick comes up and people just click like in LFG, kicks in LFR are because one whiny person kicks up a stink. You get 28g from a LFR boss anyway and 20g is pocket change in MoP.
    Last edited by willtron; 2013-02-23 at 07:14 PM.
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps

Why do you feel that you are more entitled to anything than anyone else in the group or raid? you all spend the same ammount of time which should give you the same chances of getting rewards. If you need that means you need it as a perma or temp upgrade, if it's neither you're just being greedy and that's what the GREED roll is for...
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

10+ Year Old Account
    9/10 a vote kick comes up and people just kick like in LFG, LFR it's because one whiny person kicks up a stink. You get 28g from a LFR boss anyway and 20g is pocket change in MoP.
    As I said, every gold matters, just because I get 28g50 from bag doesn't mean the 20g from the green is nothing, they all adds up. Hell I would happily kick for 1g.

And in the end of the days, people WILL kick up a fuzz if you Need, and if you planned to lick Need anyway, you should have had it coming, bitching why you get kicked would be just as silly as asking why people bitching you clicked Need.

PS. You believe people should chill with the kick, I believe people should chill with clicking Need, to each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post

Might want to explain how people not being willing to let ninjas carry on ninjaing whatever they can such depraving everyone else of their chance to get said loot and quite possibly ending up taking something someone needs while destroying everyone's fun is "even more douche"?
    deprave their chance of such loot? what a pair of green plate boots worth 23g? crap, thats really depraving me, i'll never afford any of my gems or enchants now.

It's LFR, who cares, if it was a guild run on normal or heroic, that's fine, kick, but LFR kicking over green is just pathetic plus I fail to see how needing on greens is destroying everyones fun, we clearly have different ideas about that word. If you're in LFR legit needing on greens then sort your shit out, you should do heroics first, hell, buy some contenders off the AH if you're that desperate.
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps

Deleted
    deprave their chance of such loot? what a pair of green plate boots worth 23g? crap, thats really depraving me, i'll never afford any of my gems or enchants now.

It's LFR, who cares, if it was a guild run on normal or heroic, that's fine, kick, but LFR kicking over green is just pathetic plus I fail to see how needing on greens is destroying everyones fun, we clearly have different ideas about that word. If you're in LFR legit needing on greens then sort your shit out, you should do heroics first, hell, buy some contenders off the AH if you're that desperate.
    Remind me again why that person clicks need on a green, if it's worthless, not needed, etc.? Apparently that person thought he needed the green, so I really wonder why.

What reason does he have to need on a green in the first place?

Extra gold from vendor?
    DE for enchanting mats

Both reason are for his own personal gain, I think its perfectly legit to kick someone for that, I dont care how petty it is, personally Im on a new server and anything I get, get auctioned house so I can keep a steady income of gold no matter how small, by needing on an item they don't need, its taking a digital shit on me, I won't go out of my way to kick them but if a box pops up asking yes or no, I will hit no,

It also just goes to show you how entitled and selfish several people are when it comes to this game
    Actually it shows how selfish he is,

Get off your high horse and quit with the petty booting ppl that need on greens in LFR.
    Its got nothing to do with being on a high horse, its called principle, as I said earlier, hes taking a digital shit on the rest of the group

Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    Remind me again why that person clicks need on a green, if it's worthless, not needed, etc.? Apparently that person thought he needed the green, so I really wonder why.
    I don't know and I don't care - see, that's the difference:

I don't give a two shit flying fuck if someone needs on greens, I don't need it, there's a 1 in 25 chance I'll get it anyway and it'll just be vendored for the same amount a daily quest gives me.

Plus people playing the selfish card - yeah, it's selfish but it doesn't impede your game play. Plus if selling greens you 'rightfully' earn is your gold income - here's a hint, it's really inefficient.
    Last edited by willtron; 2013-02-23 at 07:22 PM.
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps

Deleted
    I don't know and I don't care - see, that's the difference:

I don't give a two shit flying fuck if someone needs on greens
    Another community member down the drain... And people wonder why it's getting worse

Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    Another community member down the drain... And people wonder why it's getting worse
    and kicking for someone needing a green makes me a higher member of this community? I think you have it backwards.
    Last edited by willtron; 2013-02-23 at 07:40 PM.
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps

oh god. i don't do this, but the friends i queue lfr with sometimes do. and the reason they do it is because it is a harmless action to need on a green, but they know that there are those who will take this as a serious offense and bitch about it.

it's intentional shit stirring, but i look at it as more of a commentary on how uptight the WoW community has gotten. people feel like superior players for greeding on items like they're "supposed to", but the need option is there (for those who can use it), so there really is no harm in using it.
    Sig by Populaire