Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    When someone solo queues for LFR, for all they know, there are 24 other robots in the instance with them, and they are rolling against the computer.
    rofl is that how you justify your indecent behaviour?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    kick for a green? a GREEN? yeah, a rare maybe, but a green? seriously, who cares? If you're kicking about needing on green you're too tightly wound and need to chill.
    need for a GREEN, yeah maybe a rare but green? serioussly who needs that shit? (if you do, you better unninstal the game already, you're very very bad at it)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    The problem is, more than one person will roll need on them. Then the guy who wins it - who may not have been the first to roll need - gets railed for it?

It's asinine.
    With any luck his being kicked will club the others who rolled need into line.

I'd settle for that.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-02-25 at 09:38 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    need for a GREEN, yeah maybe a rare but green? serioussly who needs that shit? (if you do, you better unninstal the game already, you're very very bad at it)
    Lol, even then when a rare drops (and they have in LFR), if someone needs on it, there are always a few retards who call them out for a vote kick. Same with epics. I saw someone vote kicked because they needed and won a trash world epic in MSV LFR. Just plain petty and pathetic.

oh yeah and @Constellation:

You keep assuming that the behavior of needing on greens is coming from me. You fail to read, and if you continue to gloss over any of the facts as they have been presented (that I am speaking about the practice of vote kicking for this), then you need a reality check in reading comprehension / logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Syio View Post

People NEED greens because they see no ill consequence from doing so even when every one else GREEDS; clearly the majority of the player base disagrees and thinks it bad etiquette. Hence, they need to be taught a nice little lesson on how to play with others in a social game.

i haven't seen any1 in lfr wait till every1 clicked greed on a item to hit need they do that as soon as the option to roll appears

---------- Post added 2013-02-25 at 04:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    unfortunaly hteres now soch a ting as transmog, tho some people still need on everything

---------- Post added 2013-02-25 at 04:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    With any luck his being kicked will club the others who rolled need into line.

I'd settle for that.
    highly doubt that and there may be no way to know unless people use /loot who else needed on the item

Deleted
    i dnt like the greedy pricks who need on every green or blue that drops in LFR, but i neither care enough too bother kicking them.
    i even most often pass the vote too kick on such cases. its just a green, he might be a greedy prick too need it for a few gold but im not gonna kick him over that.

Deleted
    imo the guy that pressed need was probably a missclicked on his behalf

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I did a trial of tests to see how prevailent booting at the first sight of taking greens. Here are my results:
    All trials took place in the first part of HoF, as this is the place where the likelyhood of trash greens dropping are the highest (a lot of trash)
    I ran this trash 10 times for purposes of the trial (healer = instant queues):
    7 out of 10 times someone said something about me needing on the green.
    of those 7 times, I was booted 5 times.
    The other 5 times I went on to kill the first boss with the LFR group.
    So 5 out of 10 times, i was booted from the group for needing on a Green. Seems like the community is rather divided, but personally I see it as 5 out of 10 times, jerks are so worried about a fricken green that they go out of the way to call someone out and get them booted. I also instantly inspected the people who first called me out, and as i suspected, 6 out of the 7 people who first called me out were undergeared baddies wearing pvp gear and greens themselves. Only 1 of them were wearing decent epicd out gear.
    Quite frankly this is just amazing. Over a GREEN.
    I did this same test but recorded my results over 100 runs and was kicked 70 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Etna View Post
    imo the guy that pressed need was probably a missclicked on his behalf

try saying that when you see 4 hitting need as soon as the roll prompt appears

10+ Year Old Account
    But what you are not seeing is that when it comes right down to it, this is a game. If you play it like a single player game, like how it has been turning into with all these "conveniences of life" that blizz has added to the game (in the form of LFR, LFD, CRZ, taking group quests out of the game, taking elite mobs out of the game, giving no incentive to group up anymore), what it comes down to is just that: A single player game.

When someone solo queues for LFR, for all they know, there are 24 other robots in the instance with them, and they are rolling against the computer. So the need option is the most logical option they would choose, especially if they really needed the extra gold / enchanting mats, hell, even need it to wear. Its not about treating other people with respect, because that was long gone when blizz decided it would be a bright idea to make the game an anonymous single player game.

I again refer to the fact that I said that I do not necessarily condone the practice of needing on greens, but I do frown upon those who make an uproar about it and get so upset as to vote kick someone out of a raid where they have chosen to participate for their entertainment for the night.

Again, its not the needing on greens, its the attitude of those who post: "OMG DAT GUY NED ON GREEN WE SHULD BOOT FROM RAID!"
    I'll be flat out honest; This is the most depressing thing I've ever read about an MMO.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

15+ Year Old Account
    I always need lockboxes.

Since needing a green makes it BOP.. meh. I don't know why people are so whiney over this, then there are more important matters at hand... (like terrible people)

We tend to run it as a group (for the sake of our sanity), and kick anyone who complains about others needing on greens and lockboxes.

Odds are, the people complaining also clicked need but didn't win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    I'll be flat out honest; This is the most depressing thing I've ever read about an MMO.
    You didnt explain why this is the most depressing thing you have ever read. Why do you think this way?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evisiling View Post
    Yeah I've been called everything and people wanting to boot me from LFR for needing on Greens, I still do it, I mean why not? it isn't like people need them and if we would do the same on a purple item if it dropped, we couldnt anyway because LFR doesn't work like that. But they are greens! Its vendor loot, If people don't like it they should need on them too. Im sure most of them don't realise they are part of a profession so sometimes it can be genuinely needed on.
    Yeah, most people don't need the greens. But neither do you, so why do you roll need on it? My main is an enchanter and even I don't need on it. That's why the Disenchant option is there partially.

10+ Year Old Account
    You didnt explain why this is the most depressing thing you have ever read. Why do you think this way?
    In the beginning of your post, it started to sound pretty good. To use your wording, "Logical." By the second paragraph however when you started to refer to everyone else as potential robots, it started to hit me. I wont go as far as to say "most" but there are a shit ton of players that have this exact same mentality. They need on things they dont need, they play selfishly, they don't add to the "teamwork" of a group outside of their specific queued role. It's just like they're in this alone and could give a fuck less about the other 4-9-24-39 people.

That much was common sense, but when I kept reading and I realize it's gotten so bad that they actually think players taking group actions against their selfishness is actually selfish, that's when I kind of lose it. I stare at it like "this can't be real. He's got to realize how absurd that sounds and must be screwing with us or playing the extreme devil's advocate here. There's no WAY he actually thinks their group action towards his fuck-up is selfish."

Then I stop and realize how overwhelming the number of players who feel this way probably is. I think about the communities from older MMOs like FFXI and Everquest are long dead. I realize that logging into an MMORPG these days is almost no different from signing in to play a couple matches in halo. It's not even a genre anymore, it's instant gratification on the same tier as mobile games and online FPS. It's an addiction depended on by the epitome of the socially inept.

There's no logic in your statement, it's glorified opinion with a self appointed title, talking down to those who reply to you like they're having trouble grasping your wisdom. I can't speak for anyone else, but trust me, I understood your point of view 24 pages ago, I was just having trouble believing it was sincere.
    Last edited by Luko; 2013-02-25 at 06:26 PM.

Bind the item of any and all "Need" rolls on BoE items in LFR to the person that rolled need on it. I had an idiot of a pally roll need on a 440 rare agility neck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azoth View Post
    Bind the item of any and all "Need" rolls on BoE items in LFR to the person that rolled need on it. I had an idiot of a pally roll need on a 440 rare agility neck.
    Yeah, I see shit like this happen all the time. They usually say something like "lol w/e." or other super constructive responses. People are pretty rad. /sarcasm

People need roll on the items to take the gold, and they do it because they know enough people don't care, and will complain more about the people who call out someone needing on greens than the actual person needing.

Blizzard needs to just remove the need button from max level dungeons for items that don't have a primary stat you can use, and all green boes.

I kick players that need on greens regularly; i don't care about greens, but lockboxes the players get at least on my ignore list: as a healer i already have instant-invites, and if a player is on the ignore-list, at least he will have longer queue-times.

People that needs on greens are anti-social and will always not play right: the one that needs on everything sucks mostly in dps or heal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    In the beginning of your post, it started to sound pretty good. To use your wording, "Logical." By the second paragraph however when you started to refer to everyone else as potential robots, it started to hit me. I wont go as far as to say "most" but there are a shit ton of players that have this exact same mentality. They need on things they dont need, they play selfishly, they don't add to the "teamwork" of a group outside of their specific queued role. It's just like they're in this alone and could give a fuck less about the other 4-9-24-39 people.

That much was common sense, but when I kept reading and I realize it's gotten so bad that they actually think players taking group actions against their selfishness is actually selfish, that's when I kind of lose it. I stare at it like "this can't be real. He's got to realize how absurd that sounds and must be screwing with us or playing the extreme devil's advocate here. There's no WAY he actually thinks their group action towards his fuck-up is selfish."

Then I stop and realize how overwhelming the number of players who feel this way probably is. I think about the communities from older MMOs like FFXI and Everquest are long dead. I realize that logging into an MMORPG these days is almost no different from signing in to play a couple matches in halo. It's not even a genre anymore, it's instant gratification on the same tier as mobile games and online FPS. It's an addiction depended on by the epitome of the socially inept.

There's no logic in your statement, it's glorified opinion with a self appointed title, talking down to those who reply to you like they're having trouble grasping your wisdom. I can't speak for anyone else, but trust me, I understood your point of view 24 pages ago, I was just having trouble believing it was sincere.
    What you may not be grasping is that people do actually feel this way though. People play the "raid" game in LFR as a single player experience that is helped by 24 other robots in the raid. There very may well be 24 real life people sitting behind a monitor and keyboard that is in that digital world, but to the person who is single player minded and does everything in game solo, they are not real people.

So why should you be upset with an ignorant player? Why should you care so much about the act of needing on such an insignificant thing such as a green that you have to go to lengths to boot them from raid?

Me as a player, acknowledging that there are 24 other people there, CAN STILL SHRUG OFF THIS BEHAVIOR, because guess what, IT IS INSIGNIFICANT. It is petty behavior, that of a child who causes an uproar about silly, trivial things.

This is not real life, no matter how much you want it to be. No matter how much you want to escape from real life, and pretend that a game is your new life.. Reality check: its not. Treat the game like a game. Treat it what it is, and dont let the actions of other random people on the internet affect you in such a way to destroy your fun for the night.

Booting someone from an LFR raid for that action is like a little kid feeling upset that he only got one scoop of icecream instead of two.