Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    You've been crying louder than anyone else on this thread.

I'll check back on this thread tomorrow just to see how many more posts you've made on this topic than you think is extremely trivial.
    Actually he is "crying" a lot like the OP in this thread who has been suddenly very much absent... and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    You can roll need on a lockbox too, so why kick people for needing on it? You've just as much opportunity to win it as they do.
    From now on, I'm going to pass on all greens/lockboxes in LFR as well. It's not about the gold you could get from the item, it's about encouraging the community to act like a community again and punish douchebag behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Theendgamelv3 View Post
    This doesn't make a lot of sense. How can people be greedy when they roll greed instead of need? I never understood how people think like this.
    I say that because someone hits need, and the people freak out and kick him. If they werent greedy, that wouldnt have bothered them in the least. For all they know it was a mistake, but they get their panties in a bunch and go right for the kick. Everyone thinks differently, fella.

The right thing to do is click greed on an item you don't need be it a lock box or a green. There shouldn't be a single person in an LFR that Needs a green, and nobody Needs a lockbox.
    I have vote kicked people for needing on them both, and my thinking is that if you Need on this item you are being a greedy bastard and screwing all the people that tried to do the right thing because you are selfish.
    This is something Blizz should look at and remove the Need option from LFR because it just causes drama.

If that drastic of an action is whats needed to teach people that selfish actions are not going to be tolerated, fine. Some idiot needed a blue BoE staff in a LFR last night. He wasn't kicked, but I'd have said yes just to try to get the point across to him.

I have to wonder if the "YOU ARE NEEDING. THIS ITEM IS NOW SOULBOUND." warning meant anything to him. On the AH, that was a 2k+ staff. Vendor? About 50g. So, was the 50g that big if a deal? Guess so.

i agree with the kicking. saw one dude need on the 450 ilvl lvl 85 blue mace.. this mace alone on some servers is worth 15,000g on the ah.. he screwed himself and our party outta it with his greedy attitude... to npc it for 35g.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    i agree with the kicking. saw one dude need on the 450 ilvl lvl 85 blue mace.. this mace alone on some servers is worth 15,000g on the ah.. he screwed himself and our party outta it with his greedy attitude... to npc it for 35g.
    Guess that guaranteed 35 gold was worth more than a 20% shot at 15000 gold. Someone must be an absolutely lousy gambler.

I've seen a couple world drop epics drop in LFR already, and of course someone always needs it. I always try to check to see if they actually went to someone who NEEDED it, and so far they have, at least.

I don't make a fuss over it generally, but when I see someone needing greens, I just quietly hit the vote to kick button and if enough people agree with me, they're gone. If not, oh well.

If people wouldn't put up with rotten behavior, including being a dick in 5-mans and needing on the boss blues just because they can, even though they have better, maybe less people would do it. If being an asshole always equaled getting kicked, maybe they'd act better. I don't care if you're the tank, healer, or the #1 l33t dps, don't be a dick. I don't mind giving up a couple minutes of my time.

Heh, that reminds me of a dungeon run I had a couple months ago though. Some world epic dropped, a ring or something. Healer hadn't chosen yet, tank is yelling at him, "DON'T BE BAD, GREED" and just spamming it and saying some other things. Healer rolled greed, even though it was an upgrade for him, and lost. Went to one of the other dps. As we're clearing to the next boss, they start arguing. It's getting pretty heated. Someone called someone else a baby or some such. I even said something at this point, something like, "I think both of you should grow up." The fight continued. At this point I voted to kick the tank, he seemed to be the one acting the "worst", with the cursing and slurs. Besides, he was so busy arguing with the healer that he wasn't doing a good job at tanking at this point either. He ends up getting kicked. The two other DPS leave shortly after. Seems they were BOTH guildies of his. They didn't even look to see who they were kicking and kicked their own guild member that they queued with. (Which also explains why he was so adamant the healer roll greed, with the three of them there they effectively had triple the odds of getting that world epic.) The healer apologized afterwards and said the guy was whispering him as well as the stuff being said in /party chat. In pops a new tank and 2 new dps, clear the rest of the place without incident. Asshole gets kicked, we get a good laugh at his guildmates stupidity. Too bad they got that world drop though.

Everyone is so damn impatient nowadays though, they'd rather deal with people acting like asshats than lose a whole sixty seconds waiting for a replacement.
    Last edited by ihateyouall; 2013-02-27 at 12:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ihateyouall View Post
    I don't make a fuss over it generally, but when I see someone needing greens, I just quietly hit the vote to kick button and if enough people agree with me, they're gone. If not, oh well.

If people wouldn't put up with rotten behavior, including being a dick in 5-mans and needing on the boss blues just because they can, even though they have better, maybe less people would do it. If being an asshole always equaled getting kicked, maybe they'd act better. I don't care if you're the tank, healer, or the #1 l33t dps, don't be a dick. I don't mind giving up a couple minutes of my time.

Heh, that reminds me of a dungeon run I had a couple months ago though. Some world epic dropped, a ring or something. Healer hadn't chosen yet, tank is yelling at him, "DON'T BE BAD, GREED" and just spamming it and saying some other things. Healer rolled greed, even though it was an upgrade for him, and lost. Went to one of the other dps. As we're clearing to the next boss, they start arguing. It's getting pretty heated. Someone called someone else a baby or some such. I even said something at this point, something like, "I think both of you should grow up." The fight continued. At this point I voted to kick the tank, he seemed to be the one acting the "worst", with the cursing and slurs. Besides, he was so busy arguing with the healer that he wasn't doing a good job at tanking at this point either. He ends up getting kicked. The two other DPS leave shortly after. Seems they were BOTH guildies of his. They didn't even look to see who they were kicking and kicked their own guild member that they queued with. (Which also explains why he was so adamant the healer roll greed, with the three of them there they effectively had triple the odds of getting that world epic.) The healer apologized afterwards and said the guy was whispering him as well as the stuff being said in /party chat. In pops a new tank and 2 new dps, clear the rest of the place without incident. Asshole gets kicked, we get a good laugh at his guildmates stupidity. Too bad they got that world drop though.

Everyone is so damn impatient nowadays though, they'd rather deal with people acting like asshats than lose a whole sixty seconds waiting for a replacement.
    So you quietly are a dick to the person right back by acting in such manner?

This is the behavior that I dont understand from people. What does it hurt you that you didnt get a lousy 25g? (at best) Why flame and troll a person just because they happened to use the game mechanics to their advantage when you could have very well done the same?

I guess I would just be the bigger man in that situation and shrug it off my shoulders.. Seems there are a whooooooooole lot of whiny babies out there that will go to any extreme if they dont get their way (by vote kicking other players trying to play and have fun themselves)

Quote Originally Posted by Petur View Post
    I say that because someone hits need, and the people freak out and kick him. If they werent greedy, that wouldnt have bothered them in the least. For all they know it was a mistake, but they get their panties in a bunch and go right for the kick. Everyone thinks differently, fella.
    If they were truly greedy they would just press need. How can someone be greedy and always hit greed? Could it simply be they weren't greedy, but didn't like the fact they were taken advantage of?
    Last edited by Theendgamelv3; 2013-02-27 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    From now on, I'm going to pass on all greens/lockboxes in LFR as well. It's not about the gold you could get from the item, it's about encouraging the community to act like a community again and punish douchebag behavior.
    But your complaint is completely invalid considering everyone in the raid can roll need for a lockbox. In this context, there's no such thing as being greedy because everyone has the same opportunity to win it. To me, it seems you're just upset because you rolled greed instead, naively assuming no one would roll need for it.

Seems like an arbitrary thing. If you set loot rules up maybe, but even then you aren't the leader...Noone can really set rules in LFR.
    Ret Paladin
    5/14H T16

Blizzard should just remove the greens and lockboxes altogether from LFR or implement that you can only GREED those items unless that slot you are currently wearing has a lesser itemlevel. But I would settle for a just GREED button on any greens/lockboxes. If you want a green, go to the AH basically or get lucky.

And I saw someone saying " he/she would pass and teach the community a lesson that way". I don't know about you but I don't see ANYONE's rolls/pass's anymore except the endresult of what I did and the possible winner. So no one would notice your gesture.

If I am wrong in this please tell me when I can fix this so that I can see the rolls again.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    If I am wrong in this please tell me when I can fix this so that I can see the rolls again.
    /loot

(or turn it on in the options)
    Arguing with a troll is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what you do or say, he will just knock over the pieces, take a shit on the board and strut around like he won the whole damn thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Blizzard shouldn't have Need be an option on BoE items.
    This needs to be fix in future patch, it seemed so obvious but yet it haven't been implemented yet.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trife/advanced
    WoW: Winterstrife, Level 90 Human Paladin | ESO: S'trife, Veteran Rank 8 Khajiit Nightblade | GW2: Winter Strife, Level 80 Charr Warrior.

I kick people and encourage others too as well if they need a green or a lock box. It is enough of a sign that the player is a greedy douche. I am one of the 10 ppl in the 25 man raid actually working to clear trash and bosses and the last thing I need to see is someone on /follow needing stuff they don't need. If you cannot exhibit the basic level of polity I don't want you in my raid. If enough other ppl agree with me, then you will get kicked. If I do not get enough votes, you will be allowed to stay. I even had someone once try to kick me after my failed attempt to kick them. It didn't get enough votes but they tried.

It is not just 1 person kicking you. If a group of people do not agree with your selfish action, then the group will vote and decide your fate. Don't like it? Go form your own 25 man LFR group and que together. Then you can set your own rules.

Why wouldn't you kick them? I hate people like this so much, It's like cutting in line at the market. Essentially you are giving everyone else the finger and saying I don't care about you I only care about me.

I remember before LFG and LFR if you were an asshole or a ninja you had a reputation on the server and most people would not want to bring you into group.

I am Murloc! Ryngo Blackratchet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Why wouldn't you kick them? I hate people like this so much, It's like cutting in line at the market. Essentially you are giving everyone else the finger and saying I don't care about you I only care about me.

I remember before LFG and LFR if you were an asshole or a ninja you had a reputation on the server and most people would not want to bring you into group.
    Careful with that kind of logic! Before you know it, Jaylock will be over here trying to chant "why does it matter?" enough times to try and make you forget what the word "selfish" actually means. I've seen it before, it's pretty brutal.

Really though, I would hope what you just said would be common sense by this point. Well said.
    Listen kiddos, trust Handsome Jack. You want every part of this insanity.
    So many people are gonna die.

Stood in the Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    This is the behavior that I dont understand from people. What does it hurt you that you didnt get a lousy 25g? (at best) Why flame and troll a person just because they happened to use the game mechanics to their advantage when you could have very well done the same?

I guess I would just be the bigger man in that situation and shrug it off my shoulders.. Seems there are a whooooooooole lot of whiny babies out there that will go to any extreme if they dont get their way (by vote kicking other players trying to play and have fun themselves)
    It is never about the loot, like a lot of people have already mentioned, it is the attitude exhibited by the person doing the needing.

I see it constantly. Needing on greens, needing on lockboxes. Why? I had a rogue need roll on a lockbox a couple of weeks ago. When I confronted him over it he said "I am a rogue, I can open it, I should roll need". I responded with "Well, I am a blacksmith and can open it with a key but you don't see me rolling need"

Again, it isn't about the loot, it is about the selfish attitide.

@OP: you get of your high horse and get some manners a good lfr is where everyone presses dis/greed on green - who needs is a ninja and deserves the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    What you may not be grasping is that people do actually feel this way though. People play the "raid" game in LFR as a single player experience that is helped by 24 other robots in the raid. There very may well be 24 real life people sitting behind a monitor and keyboard that is in that digital world, but to the person who is single player minded and does everything in game solo, they are not real people.
    Well by your arguement these robots that roll need on greens are defective and I might want to replace them with a better working model. Why would I want the robots helping me do single player to take away my chances at a bit extra gold?