Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ...
    Seems like an arbitrary thing. If you set loot rules up maybe, but even then you aren't the leader...Noone can really set rules in LFR.

Blizzard should just remove the greens and lockboxes altogether from LFR or implement that you can only GREED those items unless that slot you are currently wearing has a lesser itemlevel. But I would settle for a just GREED button on any greens/lockboxes. If you want a green, go to the AH basically or get lucky.

And I saw someone saying " he/she would pass and teach the community a lesson that way". I don't know about you but I don't see ANYONE's rolls/pass's anymore except the endresult of what I did and the possible winner. So no one would notice your gesture.

If I am wrong in this please tell me when I can fix this so that I can see the rolls again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    If I am wrong in this please tell me when I can fix this so that I can see the rolls again.
    /loot

(or turn it on in the options)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Blizzard shouldn't have Need be an option on BoE items.
    This needs to be fix in future patch, it seemed so obvious but yet it haven't been implemented yet.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trife/advanced
    WoW: Winterstrife, Level 120 Human Paladin | ESO: Strife Valor, CP 610 Dunmer Magblade | GW2: Inquisitor Strife, Level 80 Human Renegede.

I kick people and encourage others too as well if they need a green or a lock box. It is enough of a sign that the player is a greedy douche. I am one of the 10 ppl in the 25 man raid actually working to clear trash and bosses and the last thing I need to see is someone on /follow needing stuff they don't need. If you cannot exhibit the basic level of polity I don't want you in my raid. If enough other ppl agree with me, then you will get kicked. If I do not get enough votes, you will be allowed to stay. I even had someone once try to kick me after my failed attempt to kick them. It didn't get enough votes but they tried.

It is not just 1 person kicking you. If a group of people do not agree with your selfish action, then the group will vote and decide your fate. Don't like it? Go form your own 25 man LFR group and que together. Then you can set your own rules.

Why wouldn't you kick them? I hate people like this so much, It's like cutting in line at the market. Essentially you are giving everyone else the finger and saying I don't care about you I only care about me.

I remember before LFG and LFR if you were an asshole or a ninja you had a reputation on the server and most people would not want to bring you into group.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Why wouldn't you kick them? I hate people like this so much, It's like cutting in line at the market. Essentially you are giving everyone else the finger and saying I don't care about you I only care about me.

I remember before LFG and LFR if you were an asshole or a ninja you had a reputation on the server and most people would not want to bring you into group.
    Careful with that kind of logic! Before you know it, Jaylock will be over here trying to chant "why does it matter?" enough times to try and make you forget what the word "selfish" actually means. I've seen it before, it's pretty brutal.

Really though, I would hope what you just said would be common sense by this point. Well said.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    This is the behavior that I dont understand from people. What does it hurt you that you didnt get a lousy 25g? (at best) Why flame and troll a person just because they happened to use the game mechanics to their advantage when you could have very well done the same?

I guess I would just be the bigger man in that situation and shrug it off my shoulders.. Seems there are a whooooooooole lot of whiny babies out there that will go to any extreme if they dont get their way (by vote kicking other players trying to play and have fun themselves)
    It is never about the loot, like a lot of people have already mentioned, it is the attitude exhibited by the person doing the needing.

I see it constantly. Needing on greens, needing on lockboxes. Why? I had a rogue need roll on a lockbox a couple of weeks ago. When I confronted him over it he said "I am a rogue, I can open it, I should roll need". I responded with "Well, I am a blacksmith and can open it with a key but you don't see me rolling need"

Again, it isn't about the loot, it is about the selfish attitide.

Deleted
    @OP: you get of your high horse and get some manners a good lfr is where everyone presses dis/greed on green - who needs is a ninja and deserves the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    What you may not be grasping is that people do actually feel this way though. People play the "raid" game in LFR as a single player experience that is helped by 24 other robots in the raid. There very may well be 24 real life people sitting behind a monitor and keyboard that is in that digital world, but to the person who is single player minded and does everything in game solo, they are not real people.
    Well by your arguement these robots that roll need on greens are defective and I might want to replace them with a better working model. Why would I want the robots helping me do single player to take away my chances at a bit extra gold?

This issue is a 2 sided coin...on one side you have the need roller. His view is that, in LFR, nobody actually needs any green items so they shouldnt go crazy if he rolls need. On the other side, everyone else, its bad etiquette and plain selfishness to roll on something you dont need and everyone should have a fair chance at getting for disenchant or vendoring. IRL, if you go to a 1cent candy store, and steal 20cents worth of candy and get caught, you get charged for shoplifting. Now 20cents is petty, but if they let you get away with it then the next person will try to get 50cents or even 1dollar worth of candy. You have to have a show of force to say this will not be tolerated or things will just get worse.
    ---
    The booting comes as a lesson to show everyone that rolling need on un-needed items are a no-no and if they arent booting then that will just tell the next person that you can get away with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you need on anything that pops up, greens included, what's stopping you from needing on items that I could legitimately use as an upgrade? Are you going to need on items you can't even equip? Why are you needing in the first place, because you're an ass, because you need gold (I've heard that excuse more than once, people needing on the bonus items from ZA/ZG because "I"m poor and I need it"), because you don't like how "Greeding" sounds, or is it some other, unfathomable, complicated reason? Or perhaps you're just an idiot. Perhaps it's a mis click and you're so embarrassed you can't bring yourself to apologize. I realize that it wasn't you that needed and got kicked OP, it's just simpler to express my opinion that way.

Protip: Need on what you need and nothing else. Greed, lack of gold, stupidity and plain old obliviousness aren't good excuses to need on items you aren't actually going to make use of, ESPECIALLY in a setting like LFR. Just don't do it and you won't get kicked. Man, that got ranty.

TL/DR: Don't have a double digit IQ.

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 03:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ellmist View Post
    This issue is a 2 sided coin...on one side you have the need roller. His view is that, in LFR, nobody actually needs any green items so they shouldnt go crazy if he rolls need. On the other side, everyone else, its bad etiquette and plain selfishness to roll on something you dont need and everyone should have a fair chance at getting for disenchant or vendoring. IRL, if you go to a 1cent candy store, and steal 20cents worth of candy and get caught, you get charged for shoplifting. Now 20cents is petty, but if they let you get away with it then the next person will try to get 50cents or even 1dollar worth of candy. You have to have a show of force to say this will not be tolerated or things will just get worse.
    ---
    The booting comes as a lesson to show everyone that rolling need on un-needed items are a no-no and if they arent booting then that will just tell the next person that you can get away with it.
    Exactly. Making an example of greedy people does not mean that everyone is "on a high horse". It's showing that selfish idiocy won't be tolerated.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥