Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    You got to love the republican compromise. No tax increases and all spending cuts be decided by Obama. They had absolutely no solution what so ever. Mitch McConnell filibustered him self, when he introduced the same resolution a couple of months ago. It's down right crazy...
    We just got a decent tax increase that had a negative effect on the economy. Another one right behind it is a pretty terrible idea.

And I'm not sure what's wrong with giving over control of the cuts to Obama. Cuts were the deal when the sequester legislation was signed. The sequester was Obama's idea. Obama wants to move the goalposts when the time comes, so Republicans throw up their hands and say "Fine, you decide what to cut." and Obama threatens to veto the legislation? Fucking joke.
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I don't always wear tennis shoes, but when I do, I speak Russian. In French.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    If we hit the deadline with no resolution, I hope that all politicians involved are not reelected for being childish and selfish. At this point I have the most respect for the party that backs down. I hope that the media (it won't happen) does the right thing and calls out ALL parties involved (no television new network will do it).
    How is understanding basic math being "childish" or "selfish". Obama signed the bill that would make these cuts happen, supposedly on the assumption they never really would happen. Now, the cuts are looming and all of a sudden it's the republicans fault for forcing them on Obama? When will the left realize THINGS (see: plural, not just defense as most dems think that's the solution) need to be cut.

When will they realize you LITERALLY can't keep spending more than your take in? Until that happens I can never, ever agree with anything the left has to say when it involves money.

The leftist philosophy is literally spend and repay later. The leftist philosophy is literally packaging "good intentions" in a (simple math proves the point) "bad wrapper".

I gotta admit the senators as a whole are being childish. But the root of the problem was Obama who sent it in the first place hoping that they would deal with it. The government as a whole is juggling bombs they can't afford to drop and they've never juggled before.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I gotta admit the senators as a whole are being childish. But the root of the problem was Obama who sent it in the first place hoping that they would deal with it. The government as a whole is juggling bombs they can't afford to drop and they've never juggled before.
    See, here's the thing, I truly do think (at least as a majority) Obama tries to appease everyone (particularly the lower-class though, which is the majority of voters I might add) but with a trillion dollar deficit and no turn-around in sight, you simply can't give everything to everyone. There is TONS of areas the federal government can save money the only problem is, the lower-class are the ones who take the hit the most, which is bad for PR. If Obama could pass bills without any outside parties the country would be completely in the toilet (sadly, more-so than it currently is) in terms of the economy.

Obama would LOVE for everyone to be able to collect $500/mo in food stamps, all living on subsidies housing, hell he'd probably even love to give everyone a hybrid car, the only small problem... there is a such thing as an economy. He's now realizing, like the majority of americans, you simply can't spend $5,000/mo when you only bring in $4,000/mo. It's a SIMPLE (as much as the house and senate would like to make you believe otherwise) matter of math.

Furthermore, it's absolutely astonishing the amount of (using a MMO word here) QQ that's going on over an $85 billion "crisis". The "budget" is $2.5 TRILLION dollars. That's such a minuscule amount of the total budget it's not even a drop in the bucket.
    Last edited by alturic; 2013-03-01 at 03:30 AM.