Poll: Should American servers queue with other American servers only?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Maybe if there was an addon that translates it for me, that would be great... But I don't see any on curse.
    "You are as many times human, as many languages you know."

Even the name of city Los Angeles is in spanish language
    And America is a continent, not USA So what you want is maybe USA servers, but even in USA are many hispans So what you really want is USA english speaking servers and queue - but I fear that such queue for twinks could be quite long.

Quote Originally Posted by Kriziak View Post
    "You are as many times human, as many languages you know."

Even the name of city Los Angeles is in spanish language
    And America is a continent, not USA So what you want is maybe USA servers, but even in USA are many hispans
    That's true and all but Brazilians speak Portuguese, not Spanish. It's a three way language barrier, with English, Spanish and Portuguese players. Perhaps trying communicating through emotes, they should translate. /wait /go /incoming, etc.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NaotoKan View Post
    Why are German servers not European servers? It's just that a few of the major languages have designated servers.
    Of course people without designated language servers will probably gather on the English servers (which I should have done too), but there are no "Europe" servers in that sense. All EU servers are even run at the same place I think.
    That was a joke But there are more servers in Europa for different langauges... English speaking, German, Spanish, maybe some more. I am on English server and 95% of the time I get queue with ppl from other English server. But if the system cant find good queue for Germans then it pairs with us.

---------- Post added 2013-02-22 at 08:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    That's true and all but Brazilians speak Portuguese, not Spanish. It's a three way language barrier, with English, Spanish and Portuguese players. Perhaps trying communicating through emotes, they should translate. /wait /go /incoming, etc.
    Sorry my bad With Portuguese it's different

Quote Originally Posted by Kriziak View Post
    That was a joke But there are more servers in Europa for different langauges... English speaking, German, Spanish, maybe some more. I am on English server and 95% of the time I get queue with ppl from other English server. But if the system cant find good queue for Germans then it pairs with us.
    That's interesting, so maybe that's why sometimes people don't speak at all. But on the other hand I have never seen anyone speak any other language than German in an LFD or LFR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    I would actually be in favor of making the whole world speak one language as a primary (or secondary). Would help in so many different ways.
    How would you react if you were told to speak chinese from now on?

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think the language barrier was what would have prevented you from being 5 capped in AB...
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Because German Servers aren't Europe Servers(really).

On Europe you can find people from: Poland(like me), Hungarian, England, Netherlands, Spain, Italian and many more.
    Yeah no. European servers = English German French Spanish Russian Italian.

All of these servers are located in Paris. Players from other countries tend to play on English and Russian servers.

Deleted
    Try being European! It's fun experiencing different languages and cultures! Stop being so sheltered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post
    English EU gets queued up with Spanish, Italian, German, Russian, Portugese
    No they don't.. Not since they got seperated in Languages..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Do like most of the world OUTSIDE USA: Learn one, two or even three foreign languages..
    I think knowing multiple languages is a good idea, but this is not a reasonable "solution." You can't expect everyone to learn a language every time they encounter one they don't happen to know.

For all you know, the OP speaks several languages, and Brasilian Portuguese just doesn't happen to be on the list.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    I'm on EU server, and i never encountered a "stranger" on my side in Battlegrounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibuya View Post
    Try being European! It's fun experiencing different languages and cultures! Stop being so sheltered.
    I don't think that being European makes you magically understand all the languages spoken here. I would also be annoyed if I was constantly mixed with, say, French players, if we can't understand each other. Mutual acceptance is not the issue here.

EU Spanish, French and German servers have their own queues and never mix up. You can play AGAINST people from other language servers but not WITH them. This isn't true for portuguese and italian servers that apparently don't have enough people to make their own queues.

I play in both English and Spanish servers and the difference in the queues is huge, I'd kill for an option to join the English queue although this would only make it worse.
    Last edited by Zhorek; 2013-02-22 at 08:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just me spit ballin', but maybe just transfer to a realm that only speaks your language? I know it sucks for EUs and LAs, but if a game I really enjoyed started becoming not-so-fun because of a language barrier, I would just drop everything on my main and transfer. I only speak English and should not have to speak another language just to play a game.

All lowbies from Brazil in LFD make my day. It always a fun experience seeing how they play wow.

Anyway, isn't Brazil in America?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Anyway, isn't Brazil in America?
    I'm not sure if this is a serious question but...

Brazilian servers grouped with North American servers, yes. Brazil is part of the Americas, yes. Brazil is a distinct country and not part of America, no. But the issue is not one of nationality but of language.

North American server groups really only have three language groups, Portuguese (BR servers), Spanish (LA servers) and English.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    Yes, as I mentioned above, we do. I play on US-Quel'Thalas which is a Latin American Spanish language server and if we were cut out of the English language queue groups, our queue times would be horribly unfair.

On the other hand though, there is kind of a good part for us for the language barrier. You know how people complain that now there isn't enough server community and people don't make groups together and there's no world PvP? Well, it's not like that on Latin servers. Because of the language barrier, a lot of people prefer to do the old style Alterac Valley and make groups and go to the instances together at low levels and stuff. Everybody knows everybody and the community really good, that is one way the language barrier helps us.
    I have played on this server also, agree totally. The interesting part is I did not speak Spanish at all and saw the following happen first hand:
    When I was with guildies who could not speak English in LFD, there was almost always a vote to kick them immediately if they even spoke a single word of Spanish, yet when ever I ended in a group of 4 Spanish speaking players and said I didn't speak Spanish, they would try to accommodate me and speak English as best they could. Just an interesting obsevation.

So they don't listen to your orders because they speak another language or because they don't really give a damn about your orders in a random BG/LFD/LFR. Either way you would have lost it's a random BG/LFD/LFR. Want to increase your chances to win and have the ability to tell others what to do in a BG/LFD/LFR? Get together with your friends and queue up together or use a queueing addon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    @ OP
    Do like most of the world OUTSIDE USA: Learn one, two or even three foreign languages..
    I speak, read and write Danish and English, fluently.
    I understand Norwegian an Swedish, both spoken and written, but don't speak/write it myself.
    I understand and speak enough German, to read a newspaper, but not strike up a conversation..

Am I a special snowflake? Not at all.. It's pretty much the averge level of language skills of EVERYONE in Northern Europe..
    Oh FFS I'm so damn sick of hearing this, let me explain WHY this is:

In Europe, pretty much every country speaks its own language. I'm not sure where København is, but I'm going to assume Scandinavia. Just there you border Sweden, Finland, and Norway, which all speak 3 different languages. If you go into the center of Europe, your country could be bordered by 3 other countries that speak different languages.

In the US we're surrounded by Canada (who speaks English), and Mexico (who speaks Spanish). That's it.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA