Poll: Should American servers queue with other American servers only?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

So sick and tired of the language barrier...

Just got back from a twink battleground in the 20-24 bracket, and guess what? We couldn't get anything done. You want to know why? Because half (not exaggerating) HALF of our team did not speak English.

Why on Earth do U.S. servers get queued with Brazilian servers? I, and most other people in the U.S., can't understand a word they say. This makes it very difficult to coordinate, heck, the other team 5-capped us in AB!

But this is not just in BGs, it's in LFD and LFR too!

I chose an English speaking server, I want to play with other people who speak the same language! Is that so much to ask for?

I would sacrifice short queues for English-speakers in a heartbeat, would you?

Don't even try to ignore the main point of the thread and call me a "racist" because I typed this without a hint of racism.
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2013-02-22 at 06:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    An American server doesn't mean they're speaking English. My old guild had a pile of Brazilians in the guild, on Proudmoore.

But I do agree. I don't like being stuck with people who can't understand me and vice versa.

10+ Year Old Account
    American server =/= USA server dude..
    Get used to it, its like on EU servers :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe if there was an addon that translates it for me, that would be great... But I don't see any on curse.

The real story here is that twink BGs are actually active

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wooootles View Post
    The real story here is that twink BGs are actually active
    Mhm, the 20-24 brackets are almost instant queues though.

Deleted
    I would actually be in favor of making the whole world speak one language as a primary (or secondary). Would help in so many different ways.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, because if you take the Latin servers away from the English servers then for us it will be 10 hour queue times for tanks. Not really fair. They should put in an auto-translate function like in other games.

10+ Year Old Account
    In theory, it would be nice if LFR/LFD and battlegrounds were more limited by language group, but I don't know the impact it would have on queue times, and I don't know if there are enough BR (or LA, or whatever language group) servers to sort that way. They may need English NA servers in the pool to have enough people.

It doesn't bother me that much though. In PvE content, we rarely need to communicate (although it's nice to have the ability). In PvP, just remind yourself that probably all they are saying is bitching about how much everyone but themselves sucks and how everyone but themselves is doing everything wrong and ugh you guys are baddies just let them win. I mean, that's all people say in PuG BGs anyway, right?

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind doing random BG or dungeon with a non-English speaker as long as they know their role.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    It doesn't bother me that much though. In PvE content, we rarely need to communicate (although it's nice to have the ability). In PvP, just remind yourself that probably all they are saying is bitching about how much everyone but themselves sucks and how everyone but themselves is doing everything wrong and ugh you guys are baddies just let them win. I mean, that's all people say in PuG BGs anyway, right?
    rofl, don't forget the complaining about bots.

It is frustrating, but try to remember it's just a random BG and these kinds of things inevitability happen even without a language barrier. When in doubt find the most competent person you can and heal them, help them, just stick with them. Makes everything less painful.
    Last edited by sarahfireworks; 2013-02-22 at 06:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    In theory, it would be nice if LFR/LFD and battlegrounds were more limited by language group, but I don't know the impact it would have on queue times, and I don't know if there are enough BR (or LA, or whatever language group) servers to sort that way. They may need English NA servers in the pool to have enough people.
    Yes, as I mentioned above, we do. I play on US-Quel'Thalas which is a Latin American Spanish language server and if we were cut out of the English language queue groups, our queue times would be horribly unfair.

On the other hand though, there is kind of a good part for us for the language barrier. You know how people complain that now there isn't enough server community and people don't make groups together and there's no world PvP? Well, it's not like that on Latin servers. Because of the language barrier, a lot of people prefer to do the old style Alterac Valley and make groups and go to the instances together at low levels and stuff. Everybody knows everybody and the community really good, that is one way the language barrier helps us.

There is no solution to this. The thing is, it's not a problem [that people speak different languages] until it becomes a problem. What I mean is, the majority of the time (at least in my experience) most people don't speak anyway, they usually are capable of at least half-assing their role ensuring group success, and if a problem does arise they will try to fix the problem so as to not get kicked. Case in point, I was tanking a heroic and there was a few brazillian guildies. One of them was obviously learning the game, I think they were in a tanking stance or something, and after a few attempts of getting them to switch the other guildies said something in chat, fixed the problem.

Just think this is less a problem of language as it is just the usual flake who doesn't GAF to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    @ OP
    Do like most of the world OUTSIDE USA: Learn one, two or even three foreign languages..
    I speak, read and write Danish and English, fluently.
    I understand Norwegian an Swedish, both spoken and written, but don't speak/write it myself.
    I understand and speak enough German, to read a newspaper, but not strike up a conversation..

Am I a special snowflake? Not at all.. It's pretty much the averge level of language skills of EVERYONE in Northern Europe..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Schools in Europe also teach several languages in all ages, which is a huge difference than in America. It's not the OP's fault your language skills are so vastly superior.

English EU gets queued up with Spanish, Italian, German, Russian, Portugese

Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post
    English EU gets queued up with Spanish, Italian, German, Russian, Portugese
    Is that really true? I didn't know that. I play on a German server and so far I have never seen anyone speak any other language, except for some English maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by NaotoKan View Post
    Is that really true? I didn't know that. I play on a German server and so far I have never seen anyone speak any other language, except for some English maybe.
    Because German Servers aren't Europe Servers(really).

On Europe you can find people from: Poland(like me), Hungarian, England, Netherlands, Spain, Italian and many more.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with the separation of American servers and LA servers, it hurts both sides if they're paired up and no one can understand each other.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Why are German servers not European servers? It's just that a few of the major languages have designated servers.
    Of course people without designated language servers will probably gather on the English servers (which I should have done too), but there are no "Europe" servers in that sense. All EU servers are even run at the same place I think.