Thread: Hpally in 2s?

Hpally in 2s?

I am in need of some help. I have visited every guide I can find, including my usually stand bys of noxxic and icy veins. I can not find a concrete answer to Hpally stat priority. All the guides just have a "hpally pvp stat priority", but they totally disagree. Some say haste is the most important, others mastery, and yet others crit. Ive deduced each must be targetting a different aspect of Hpally pvp(2s,3s,5s,RBG). Ive also tried to ask in game from other pallies, and the answers are just as different as the guides.

So here is my situation. I play 2s with an arm warrior, and we are stuck at around 1550 rating. Our usual strategry is for him to be training the dps, while i try to throw some CCs on the other healer(or dps if a double dps combo). It works some times, but the higher ranked we get, the more often I die. 90% of the games we lose I die. I am also out healed by the the other healer 90% of the games. Do I stack more resil? more int or pvp power? haste? or is more my play style thats the problem? I try to LOS and stay away from the dps since my heals seem so weak.

Here is my armory link- I am not allowed to post this since it is my first post, My character can be found on the armory, Pvpfail on Area 52

Obviously getting weapons will help(ill be able to on tuesday). My gem forges startegy has been to reforge to crit, unless a piece does not have spirit and then I reforge to spirit. For gemming, Ive gone with int, pvp power, and pvp resil.

Thanks for any and all advice!
    Last edited by gridlox; 2013-02-22 at 06:28 PM.

I don't PvP at a super high level (around 1500-1700) but I've pvped as a Holy Pally this season in both 2s and 3s. I usually out-heal the other healers and haven't run into too many mana issues using the same gem and reforge strategy as you. For reference, I'm in full Malevolent gear using the two non-medallion PvP trinkets (I'm a human).

What is your general playstyle? I usually just throw Beacon on myself and HS/FoL/EF until my partner is ready to pop cooldowns and CC. I let him initiate the CC and then I throw Stun --> Repentance --> Blind --> Rebuke (along with whatever other CCs my partner may have). I usually find that 1 or 2 cycles of this is enough for most teams. I haven't run into too many double dps teams that gave us trouble unless they severely outgeared us or just outskilled us.

If you're dying too often, you may need to ask your teammate to be better with peels. It sounds like your dps is tunneling without focusing on his other responsibilities. Both you and your dps need to learn to play off each other so that you can get most use out of your CCs and cooldowns. Also, if he's not peeling people off you, it may explain why your heals seem weak...since you'll end up running around trying to keep yourself alive most of the match.
    Last edited by pld; 2013-02-22 at 07:23 PM.

Thanks for the reply. Im glad to know other people are using the same stat priority as I am. I think it must just be a simple outgear/skill issue. We just started playing 2s a few weeks ago as this combo, and while we have played 100 games, we still need practice. Some games go really well, I feel like i can keep people CCd forever. We have just been playing, and one game where we felt the problem I was describing above we were playing people on our server. This allowed us to inspect the team we just played and the warrior that was on me and killed me(after Id run out of CDs) was full mal with some elite gear.

I just wanted to make sure I was on the right track, having everything set up correctly. I guess now we just need to suck less

Quote Originally Posted by gridlox View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Im glad to know other people are using the same stat priority as I am. I think it must just be a simple outgear/skill issue. We just started playing 2s a few weeks ago as this combo, and while we have played 100 games, we still need practice. Some games go really well, I feel like i can keep people CCd forever. We have just been playing, and one game where we felt the problem I was describing above we were playing people on our server. This allowed us to inspect the team we just played and the warrior that was on me and killed me(after Id run out of CDs) was full mal with some elite gear.

I just wanted to make sure I was on the right track, having everything set up correctly. I guess now we just need to suck less
    It definitely takes a lot of practice and a ton of games played. I'd have to check to be sure, but I have almost 1000 games played this season and we stopped playing a while ago. It also helps that my partners are RL friends who I've been playing this game with for almost 8 years now.

Just keep playing more games and try to communicate as much as possible. It's helpful to literally call out everything. Pretend that you're shoutcasting your match live. It may be annoying and distracting at first, but that way your dps always knows what's going on.

Luckily we are RL brothers attending the same university. So we literally sit next to eachother when we play. We played many a game as rogue/mage and made it to around 1900. I just wanted to make sure I was starting out right before we really put in some practice

95% of PvP at the moment is gear. MMR is broke to fuck, so at 1500-1600 MMR, you're most likely getting teams with full malev, and some even with T2 from RBGs mostly. Game is broke.

From first glance at your armory it looks like you've come into this season late which means for the most part you have to play catch up for the rest of the season just to get on par with gear as the poster said above me majority of PvP at the moment is gear..

Only tips i can give you is change your Pvp power/ int pvp power gems to pvp resil or int and pvp resil (PvP power for healers ATM is absolute trash iirc you need 41% pvp power to be healing normally)